Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good job USA: First arrest has been made for "manspreading"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Geniass

Candie wrote: »

And contrary to whats being claimed, all men are not like Buster Gonad.

Why would someone even want to give this impression. NSFW...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jIaDYQKQNQ

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭MathDebater

He wasn't even overweight, just invaded the space of the seats on both sides of him with his knees spread as far as they could go without rupturing his sac.

Ankles together, knees apart, unrepentant. And contrary to whats being claimed, all men are not like Buster Gonad.

That's the definition of rude. You should have called him out. He probably didn't even realise how much of a fecker he was being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Wibbs wrote: »
    Wut? Why ever not? If this long list of men can sit with their legs crossed why do I read and not for the first time that quite the number of men claim they can't even close their legs. :confused:

I saw that pic of Matt Smith, wearing what is possibly one of the lamest knitted sweaters to exist, sitting in a chair made of tinfoil... and yet still looking immesurably cool :eek:
    Wibbs wrote: »
    Though the fact there's a tumbler page(s) dedicated to this says all you need to say about the interwebs...

There's a tumblr for everything, there's even one for Raiden's Butt (Raiden from the Metal Gear games that is) that I may have spent too much time on :ohttp://raidenbutt.tumblr.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

The next time I'm on the bus with my bulky muscle legs expanding aside of each-other, just put your hand on my thigh and say in a calming voice.. can you please contract your legs as to make more room for me ? I will make the effort indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Geniass wrote: »
    No, I didn't. But, you might need to reread mine.

You don't get it..

We are discussing a behavior which people have full control over. They can instantly stop doing it if they wanted to but they are too selfish to even consider it.

A passenger being fat might inconvenience people in similar ways, but there is nothing that person can do about it there and then and so your assertion that these people should be banned from public transport is absurd and childish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭identer

Another reason for me to become a cop..."Manspreaders" be very afraid.

identer wrote: »
    Another reason for me to become a cop..."Manspreaders" be very afraid.

Thankfully you are in either the U.S.A or Canada. The Gardai, or Gordai if you live in D4

Don't be afraid to man-spread when the space is available on your travels, but as most genuine men would clamp when the bus/train is packed. My balls will be packed clamped in doing this, but it's a polite gesture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Geniass wrote: »
    Public transport?

Oh the humanity!

Must try it sonetime to appreciate how the other half 99% live.

Jevees is that you?

What in God's name is my man-servant/chauffeur doing on Boards?

Vandango wrote: »
    Jevees is that you?

What in God's name is my man-servant/chauffeur doing on Boards?

Think you might be looking for this poster.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=65686

Now, be nice and nursie will be along with your tea shortly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

It didn't happen. April fools joke.

Just in case anyone else is missing it, it didn't happen.

So to be clear, no one was arrested, it didn't happen.

And no one was arrested.

No one.

Because it didn't happen.

Hopefully that'll clear up the matter.

But it probably won't.

BUT I HATE WOMEN AND THEIR WOMEN WAYS

• Advertisement

You don't get it..

I understand the point you are making.
    so your assertion that these people should be banned from public transport is absurd and childish.

This might be true, but being a fattie is almost always a lifestyle choice, although one that takes effort to achieve and even more effort to correct.

More exercise will benefit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

No need for manspreading, and if there is, then see a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭identer

Thankfully you are in either the U.S.A or Canada. The Gardai, or Gordai if you live in D4

Don't be afraid to man-spread when the space is available on your travels, but as most genuine men would clamp when the bus/train is packed. My balls will be packed clamped in doing this, but it's a polite gesture.

Point taken, will keep that in my breast pocket...Lol

identer wrote: »
    Point taken, will keep that in my breast pocket...Lol

Please don't mention breasts at this hour of the day.

Time for a chicken-breast and curry

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The fact that so many believed this story is a sad reflection of how much damage SJWs have managed to do to society, IMO. Such paranoia would not exist had they not achieved similar "results" over the last several years, from getting DJs banned from college clubs for playing top ten hits they objected to, to ISP level censorship of the internet in the UK.

The fact that so many believed this story is a sad reflection of how much damage SJWs have managed to do to society, IMO. Such paranoia would not exist had they not achieved similar "results" over the last several years, from getting DJs banned from college clubs for playing top ten hits they objected to, to ISP level censorship of the internet in the UK.

That's one I never heard before... 'SJWs' - Derogatory term for people who are basically overly in defense of whatever the popular beliefs portray as the greater victim of discrimination.

The thing about this story is that it is real, but in a very tight/small area of the U.S, their commercial transport system is obviously terrible and too many folk squeezed together will cause men to sit like women, posture upright and back straight while keeping the knees tipping together. A placid way of travel, all tensed into a skinny vertical streak of misery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

It didn't happen. April fools joke.

Just in case anyone else is missing it, it didn't happen.

So to be clear, no one was arrested, it didn't happen.

And no one was arrested.

No one.

Because it didn't happen.

Hopefully that'll clear up the matter.

But it probably won't.

Doesn't matter. I predict this thread will run and run :D

That's the definition of rude. You should have called him out. He probably didn't even realise how much of a fecker he was being.

I told him he was squashing me, he said 'deal'.

But you know, women with makeup and big boobs and stuff. And handbags. The bitches.

And even if no one got arrested it's okay to act like they did because you know, you can imagine it and all that, and imagining is the next best thing. Because women and stuff. And balls.

And spreading boobs, my favouritest thing about this thread. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

The fact that so many believed this story is a sad reflection of how much damage SJWs have managed to do to society, IMO.
    What damage in the real sense? Lunatic fringe is not the same as damage to society. To me, the fact so many believed the story - and continued to act as if it's true despite confirmation it isn't - indicates a longing for victimhood. Gutted it's not true I'd say, tbh.
    Such paranoia would not exist had they not achieved similar "results" over the last several years, from getting DJs banned from college clubs for playing top ten hits they objected to, to ISP level censorship of the internet in the UK.
    Can you be more specific? The above is all very vague really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

spreading boobs, my favouritest thing about this thread. :)
    I'd love that - to pack away my boobs when I want to go running or whatever, and then when I want to rock the cleavage, a button or lever or whatever that makes them inflate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Next up is the feckers who put their bags on the seat next to them and don't move it even when transport is full. Lock em up!!

I'd love that - to pack away my boobs when I want to go running or whatever, and then when I want to rock the cleavage, a button or lever or whatever that makes them inflate.

Wonderbra. Take 'em out for a breath of fresh air whenever you want, retire when unrequired.

You do need some raw material to begin with though. :)

Ruu wrote: »
    Next up is the feckers who put their bags on the seat next to them and don't move it even when transport is full. Lock em up!!

It'll be handbags vs manbags!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Ruu wrote: »

One time I walked the length of a train twice looking for a free seat. There was one, only the adjacent passenger's coat and bag were on it. I asked politely if I could sit there, and she said that there was someone sitting there. I went away and out of the corner of my eye saw her exchange a smug glance with her two friends who were sitting opposite. I sat on the floor between two carriages for the four-hour journey. When I passed them an hour later, her bag and coat were still on the seat. I gave her the dirtiest look, but I should have given her a mouthful. Asshole!

folamh wrote: »
    I gave her the dirtiest look, but I should have given her a mouthful. Asshole!

After that look and after nobody getting on after the train took off you should have sat there and said I'll give up the seat when they turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Testicular torsion can have nasty consequences for us ball carriers and manspreading is a positive preventative measure for avoiding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Don't label this a USA problem, cuz it's not.

50 states. Each with hundreds of municipalities within them. That means there are thousands and thousands of state, county, and city codes out there. This is a New York thing where many people rely on public transportation as their main means of transportation. Thus, they are crowded with a lot of bodies, so every seat counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Step right up, Last Chicken On The Train!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Is there such a thing as smooth scpti?

WD40 is reputed to keep things in fine working order. So I guess it's smooth running.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭IrishTrajan

If they not only refuse to move the bag but also spend the journey pressed uncomfortably against you, then sure. Firing squads for all.

Fat people too? You'd probably need a couple firing squads in that case.

Advertisement