Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good job USA: First arrest has been made for "manspreading"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Basically what the authorities are saying is... Don't be a man.

They should have thought of space when they were building these things.

The common sense thing is that men need to cool down the central processing unit, and this is why we spread our legs apart, it's a natural cooling mechanism.

On one hand it's pretty stupid.

On the other, I've been in a situation where I've been squished up against a window because the guy beside me feels entitled to ALL the space and doesn't mind pushing me with his knees, and I would have been delighted to have that bad mannered space invader (I squish you, because I CAN) arrested, convicted, and shot before a firing squad with myself giving the order when to fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Candie wrote: »

On the other, I've been in a situation where I've been squished up against a window because the guy beside me feels entitled to ALL the space and doesn't mind pushing me with his knees, and I would have been delighted to have that bad mannered space invader (I squish you, because I CAN) arrested, convicted, and shot before a firing squad with myself giving the order when to fire.

Yes, I'm a dude and no I can't close my legs together exactly, but I certainly (and most men) don't need to sit with my legs wide open. I don't care if men want all that space, stop being so ****ing selfish and be considerate of those around you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

had to spend a whole 2.30 hour bus journey with an asshole who did that to me once, absolutely infuriating and uncomfortable as hell, and the dickhead just didn't care

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    had to spend a whole 2.30 hour bus journey with an asshole who did that to me once, absolutely infuriating and uncomfortable as hell, and the dickhead just didn't care

Try a transatlantic flight with Mr Entitled beside you with his knees in different time zones.

I asked him to let me have my own 'seat space' and he told me he 'had' to sit like that. Like he was riding an imaginary horse.

He snored too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

So what happens if a Girl has Big Boobs and they are spreading?

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

He must have the biggest balls on earth to be arrested for manspreading.

Poor guy.

It's annoying but this is stupid. I would just ask to make more room. You can't arrest people for being annoying.

I'm laughing ...but erm no that's not fair.

uch wrote: »
    Ha ha !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Links234 wrote: »

Did you try telling them to give you more room?

Sometimes women leave their bags on the seats beside them on packed buses and trains. Do you think they should also be shot by a firing squad?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Men have to have something on public transport. Women have talking loudly, giant bags, applying make up, fannying around for change in their giant bags and being pregnant.

That wouldn't be big boobs, that would be some kind of freakish abnormality incomparable with your average spread-leg cowboy.

So yeah, that's not happening.

Ranchu wrote: »
    Men have to have something on public transport. Women have talking loudly, giant bags, applying make up, fannying around for change in their giant bags and being pregnant.
    The human race is disgrace isn't it?

Did you try telling them to give you more room?

Of course I did. He kept them spread.
    Sometimes women leave their bags on the seats beside them on packed buses and trains. Do you think they should also be shot by a firing squad?

If they not only refuse to move the bag but also spend the journey pressed uncomfortably against you, then sure. Firing squads for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

The human race is disgrace isn't it?

Brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Basically what the authorities are saying is... Don't be a man.

Because spreading your legs all gangsta-badass-like in tight spaces is being a man?

More like a bitchy twat imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Clicked link. Read article. Checked date.

It's still April? When they put out the joke articles, right? I didn't get the memo about Nearly June Fool's day?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

That wouldn't be big boobs, that would be some kind of freakish abnormality incomparable with your average spread-leg cowboy.

So yeah, that's not happening.

https://judgybitch.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/fat.jpg

To the firing squad she goes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I think they should ban putting on makeup and brushing your hair too on public transport

21/25

I think they should ban putting on makeup and brushing your hair too on public transport

That is also terrible manners but at least it doesn't make other people physically uncomfortable.

But since Endacl has discovered it hasn't actually happened at all, you can all relax and continue to spread as normal.

• Advertisement

Because spreading your legs all gangsta-badass-like in tight spaces is being a man?

There is 'stuff' down there ...we get that...it's grand.. fine spread but not across the bloody country! .. but if you are taking the piss like..make room for others...but arrested ? Yeah that's stupid.

Very soon all passengers will have to sit in a pretzel formation with legs intertwined around their own body to make room for a lone rolling peanut flowing down the isle.

There is 'stuff' down there ...we get that...it's grand.. fine spread but not across the bloody country! .. but if you are taking the piss like..make room for others...but arrested ? Yeah that's stupid.

They weren't arrested, it's an old April Fools joke article.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

They weren't arrested, it's an old April Fools joke article.

Just because the scrotii look wrinkled doesn't mean they're old. That to me is ageist and smacks of penis envy.

Just because the scrotii look wrinkled doesn't mean they're old. That to me is ageist and smacks of penis envy.
    Is there such a thing as smooth scpti?

Look, the male will sit down naturally and the legs flow to east and west as is human nature for a male, it's just a 4.5 million year old trait.

Now, on a full/packed bus/train, the male is going to move the knees together of which feels a bit unnatural/uncomfortable but nonetheless this respectful male will do this in respect for space for the person to fit in on his side, keeping the legs open imo would be disrespectful for the new passenger aside you.

But being arrested for this is Insane.

A bunch of moany-ass whingers on the buses today, they attacked me because my legs were slightly awide. The Gods of thunder came down on me and kicked me in the balls innocence for being a man that doesn't like his balls clenched on his paid trip.

It's ballsology, and it will always be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Does your ticket purchase say on the back now much space you are allowed to utilize ? Are there any signs with the information on ? Any information available anywhere saying what amount of space is contained with a purchase of a ticket. If it says one seat then surely you are entitled to lie flat on train seats as it's one continuous seat. It's not like a plane, So unless they start putting in singe seats at huge expense and huge space reduction.

Just look in amazement of these, and do not make eye contact at all. Sure the splender of these amazing double tutorials would be enough to keep your eyes from wandering. Amazing things they are indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

What about women with muffin tops, fat
    arses, and fat dribbling from the side of their bras?

I don't know how many times I was asleep at the back of the bus and woke up to a lady sitting next to me with her muffin top clearly spilling over to my seat and encroaching on my space.

Grrr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

It didn't even happen? Haha, and the longing for it to to be true so women can be bitched about (and appearance insulted) via dubious comparisons to being squashed in your seat, like putting on make-up/hairbrushing/putting a bag on a seat/"boobs growing". :pac:
    myshirt wrote: »
    What about women with muffin tops, fat
    arses, and fat dribbling from the side of their bras?

I don't know how many times I was asleep at the back of the bus and woke up to a lady sitting next to me with her muffin top clearly spilling over to my seat and encroaching on my space.
    Eh... once?

Advertisement