Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equality of marriage and love

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

^^^ That story doesn't seem to have had quite the galvanizing effect its wayward authors expected:

Original article - http://citynews.com.au/2015/gay-law-change-may-force-us-to-divorce/ ("waaah, my marriage is being 'redefined'")

A woman responds - http://www.mamamia.com.au/lifestyle/couple-divorce-gay-marriage/ ("Dude, are you on crack?")

Newthump sashays up - http://newsthump.com/2015/06/11/australian-couple-to-kill-own-children-if-gays-are-allowed-to-adopt/
    NewsThump wrote:
    The Jensens have been hailed as heroes by the Christian community, but as borderline simpletons by anyone with even the remotest concept of empathy for people who were born homosexual.

Canberra resident Simon Williams told us, “Look, they’re as entitled to their opinion as anyone, but if they’re going to stop doing things just because gay people are allowed to do it, how about they start with ‘breathing’?”

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Meanwhile, stateside, Glen Beck, the idiot's Bill O'Reilly, claims he has a network of at least 10,000 religious fundamentalists ready to die opposing gay rights.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/06/08/glenn-beck-claims-he-has-network-of-10000-pastors-willing-to-die-opposing-gay-rights-video/
    Glen Beck wrote:
    “‘The number in the Black Robe Regiment is about 70,000 now,’ Beck told his listeners. ‘The number that I think will walk through a wall of fire, you know, and possible death, is anywhere between 17,000 and 10,000. That is an extraordinary number of people that are willing to lay it all down on the table and willing to go to jail or go to death because they serve God and not man.”

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

JESUSHAD!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

robindch wrote: »
    Meanwhile, stateside, Glen Beck, the idiot's Bill O'Reilly, claims he has a network of at least 10,000 religious fundamentalists ready to die opposing gay rights.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/06/08/glenn-beck-claims-he-has-network-of-10000-pastors-willing-to-die-opposing-gay-rights-video/

Wall of Fire eh?

*starts sticking marshmallows on the end of pointy sticks*

• Registered Users Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

10,000 christians thinking they'll get to heaven a bit faster is not at all impressive.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Smiley92a

C'mon, Glen. Let's see some commitment...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

10,000 christians thinking they'll get to heaven a bit faster is not at all impressive.

When we see the order for 10000 lions to the US, we'll know the christians are really getting serious...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Just checking back in. It's been a few weeks now, so how many children have been gay adopted?

lazygal wrote: »
    Just checking back in. It's been a few weeks now, so how many children have been gay adopted?

All of them. Who's your daddy?

endacl wrote: »
    All of them. Who's your daddy?

Hopefully not David Quinn.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

robindch wrote: »

I do not have a problem with 10,000 assholes dieing.

I'm still trying to get rid of mine...no joy.

galljga1 wrote: »
    I'm still trying to get rid of mine...no joy.

Swop for anything in my ads?

I wish people would stop trying to off load their snot nosed brats on me :mad:.

You did the deed now mind the seed, breeders!

I am far to busy shredding the old itchy fabric of Irish society* and replacing it with high thread count unbleached organic cotton so teach your own damn children how to dance, dress, decorate and other things that start with the letter D.

*For recycling into paper obvs.

endacl wrote: »
    Swop for anything in my ads?
    You have no active adds at the mo.....still tempted.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I wish people would stop trying to off load their snot nosed brats on me :mad:.

You did the deed now mind the seed, breeders!

I am far to busy shredding the old itchy fabric of Irish society* and replacing it with high thread count unbleached organic cotton so teach your own damn children how to dance, dress, decorate and other things that start with the letter D.

*For recycling into paper obvs.

It's the only reason I voted. I feel I have been used and let down.

+1:mad:

We did say it wasn't about children (nice gay way of saying we have seen your children and ick... no thanks!).

Over and over and over again we said 'nooooo... we don't want your children... we mean it... really..!' but ye all had to listen to Quinny so complain to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I do not have a problem with 10,000 assholes dieing.

Too bad they're probably going to go full Daesh when they do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

While talking to my mother a gay couple punched her in the face and ran off with me. In between making me listen to Elton john they are arguing about who will get the fathers day present.Due to mothers day being gotten rid of the other cant get one then.

I didnt even know you could adopt a person in their 20s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

While talking to my mother a gay couple punched her in the face and ran off with me. In between making me listen to Elton john they are arguing about who will get the fathers day present.Due to mothers day being gotten rid of the other cant get one then.

"Mum, Dad, I have something to tell you. I'm gay, gay adopted."

• Registered Users Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Gaydopted.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Gaydopted.

"Son, your mother and I think it's time to tell you about the facts of life. You're old enough now to know that the world can be a scary and dangerous place at times. There's men out there son who might pretend to like you and tell you stories of walking tours of the hill villages of Andalusia, the joys of inner city loft living and the thrill of Sunday brunch in an idiosyncratic cat cafe.

This might sound wonderful my boy but they're trying to lull you into a false sense of security before gay adopting you. The courts would force us to hand you over to these men so that they can change your surname to theirs and make you get liposuction to fit into the skinniest of jeans. Being raised by two men as well will mean that your immortal soul will be forever stained and Jesus won't want you in Heaven when you die. Probably of AIDS.

Yes, I know Darren was gay adopted and looks like he's having a great time but, you should know that his birth parents voted for Same Sex Marriage so it was always on the cards that they'd hand him over to the first gay couple who knocked on their door.

What can you do? Well, the courts and the politicians are of no use so I suggest you stay in your room. We'll lock the door from the outside and feed you through a flap at the bottom. It's the only way to be safe."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Well, you couldn't. But as a result of the world-wide gay conspiracy trying to facilitate the Gay Agenda (TM) you now can. I think forced gaydoption was something like number 7 on the Gay Agenda (TM), I would have to check.

MrP

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Gintonious wrote: »
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/robstott/this-couple-is-vowing-to-get-divorced-if-marriage?bffb&utm_term=4ldqpgp#.byXXk6Ve2

Meanwhile in Australia, some idiot has said he and his wife of 10 years, will divorce if Gay marriage is put though.

Divorce...remind me again of the stance the church had on this a few years ago?

Here's a letter a gay dad wrote in response.
    Dear Mr. and Mrs. Jensen,

I was sad to hear of your decision to divorce should same sex marriage become legal in Australia. It is indeed distressing that you would throw something away so cavalierly that others have worked so hard to try to achieve.

I kind of get it. You had something that you felt held you above others, and made you feel special and a bit elite. That really was not the case. Here in the US they allow convicted murderers to marry from prison, even ones who have slaughtered their families like the Menendez brothers. Those who are allowed to marry are not really as holy or special as you seem to regard. In any case, they do seem to be ranked, in your opinion, above the people you don’t want to marry — LGBT people.

~~

You are “quitting” not because of anything having to do with your own marriage or family, but because another family might be given the opportunity for security, honor and growth. Your rationale is not sound, it is not compassionate, nor would anyone on any side of it grow better because of it. Your proposed actions are, in a word … childish.

LGBT couples are not coming together in marriage to spite you. They have no intention of affecting your marriage in any way. They have fought hard for this right, because it is something of great value in their own lives.

Last week, I officiated at the wedding of two beautiful men. The marriage’s meaning was clear to all when the first groom emerged from the wings, being walked down the aisle with his mother. His eyes were brimming with tears. It was evident that this moment was a pinnacle in his life, he was transforming into a further definition of himself and his identity as part of a family.

Whether that family is just he and his spouse, or whether kids will be added, I don’t know. It is none of my business.

Nor is it any of yours.

~~

If you choose to divorce because others might gain what you have valued in your life, you are not making a statement about marriage. You are not making a statement about love. You are not making a statement about family. You are making a statement about your own damaged egos.

And it is time to grow up.

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Here's a letter a gay dad wrote in response.

Ouch.

bc8a664b6c16415f913fc99da27c6c29-dropmic1.gif

I see the gay agenda is proceeding quite nicely.

Here's the gay pods being distributed throughout the country, ready to populate the place with gays.

abales-630x294.jpg

And here's the official cover story.

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/78069/farmers-being-encouraged-to-wrap-their-silage-bales-in-pink-this-summer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Incredibly reductionist article. Prepare for boiling blood. Colm uses measured language here, where I couldn't :mad:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/vincent-twomey-sentiment-trumped-reason-in-marriage-referendum-1.2249116

352072.jpg

Thought that was a WaterfordWhispers article tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Thought that was a WaterfordWhispers article tbh

It certainly reads like he went out of his way to rewrite history. Not far off satire at all ;)

Advertisement