Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Irish voting today

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Bob24 wrote: »
    The government is a mess and should not be sending you polling cards for this type of elections (and their blatant incompetency is the main issue here), but the fact that you intend to keep voting even though you know you are not entitled to still is illegal and a problem on your side.

You know this, and and while you are proudly boasting about it on an anonymous website you would never say it if your actual name was displayed next to your post.

You don't be listening, i have no problem with voting. I mentioned it on my Facebook page. No fake outrage on there. Would you rather someone who votes cast a vote or an Irish citizen who can't be arsed to vote? Have i no constitutional rights? Does the constitution apply to me? I'm living here for 20 years, married and Irish woman , paid taxes for 20 years, I'm not moving anywhere, I'll be buried here . Equality? I don't see it.. The constitution does not just belong to the Irish people but to the people of Ireland and I'm one of the them . If i was a top sportsman then i would be eligible to represent Ireland based on the length of residency, maybe i qualify to vote in the same way? Either way I'm not fussed and ive no problem with it And will continue to vote when i get a polling card. Feel free to bring a case against me if it's bothering and we can declare all the ballots i voted in null and void including the yes vote.

Thanks for blatantly disobeying the law. Don't worry it won't be enforced.

You are now getting silly :-). Let's put like this, if you was campaigning hard for the yes vote and you won after several recounts by just one vote, would you accept the result or a draw and a new ballot because i voted for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    You don't be listening, i have no problem with voting. I mentioned it on my Facebook page. No fake outrage on there. Would you rather someone who votes cast a vote or an Irish citizen who can't be arsed to vote? Have i no constitutional rights? Does the constitution apply to me? I'm living here for 20 years, married and Irish woman , paid taxes for 20 years, I'm not moving anywhere, I'll be buried here . Equality? I don't see it.. The constitution does not just belong to the Irish people but to the people of Ireland and I'm one of the them . If i was a top sportsman then i would be eligible to represent Ireland based on the length of residency, maybe i qualify to vote in the same way? Either way I'm not fussed and ive no problem with it And will continue to vote when i get a polling card. Feel free to bring a case against me if it's bothering and we can declare all the ballots i voted in null and void including the yes vote.
    Feel free to bring a case against me if it's bothering and we can declare all the ballots i voted in null and void including the yes vote.

I won't be able able to bring a case against you because you know what you are doing is illegal and there is no way you would put your actual name next to these posts.

If you want to vote legally, this country is giving you an option which is naturalisation. Apply today and based on the personal circumstances you described you will likely be an Irish citizen and fully entitled to vote for every election by the end of the year. You are absolutely free not to take that option and might have your own very good reasons for that, but if you are choosing not to become and Irish citizen then you can't be complaining about not being treated like one.

You want me to pay over a grand just to put an X in a box where it's not costing me a penny Now? ;-).

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wx

A grand plus to become a citizen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement