Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humans - Channel 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Did anyone else find niska and mia to human like, it seemed like niska really became human in comparison to previous episodes, much more expressive in her behaviour and facial expressions, found it took me a while to get used to.

also yeah, the family all rallying together seemed a bit much though i dont think it was totally because it was badly written but also because they just cant act that role together.

it was hard not to be critcal, must flick through it again with a more open mind and less expectations.

hearing from your man fred was interesting although it was overshadowed by that silly father son dialogue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

old Fred seems a bit buggy, but of course Max has bigger problems. When you grin inanely at a gun in your face, you're not doing so well.

Niska was funny with the kid also, gotta love 'your face' come backs. just realised where i recognised her from also, she was the fathers neice i think or extended family in outnumbered a while ago. crazy hot then and crazy hot now.

Old Perry wrote: »
    Niska was funny with the kid also, gotta love 'your face' come backs. just realised where i recognised her from also, she was the fathers neice i think or extended family in outnumbered a while ago. crazy hot then and crazy hot now.

When I see Niska and Mia together I get thoughts I can't express here without getting permabanned...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Keplar240B wrote: »
    Is there a second season?

It's looking good for a second series of Humans on Channel 4

It's been a ratings hit for Channel 4 - and now it's been confirmed that a second series of Humans is "very much under consideration".

The channel's head of international drama told Broadcast that it's looking good for a renewal, though more episodes are yet to be officially greenlit.

"We've got a story that is told over a great many episodes and is very much designed to come back and return," said Simon Maxwell. "We'll be following those characters on a really epic journey."

Humans launched with a final audience of 6.1m in June, making it Channel 4's best-rated drama in more than 20 years.

The series is set in a parallel present where Synths - androids who appear almost uncannily human - are considered a common household appliance.

Based on a Swedish drama, the eight-parter examines the consequences of the Synths beginning to exceed their programming, developing sentience and a range of emotions.
    Link

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

TBH after watching the two Swedish series, I really hope there's a third series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

NUTZZ wrote: »

Waht is the swedish show called?

Waht is the swedish show called?

Real Humans, there have been two seasons so far, each with 10 episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You ruined it for me...I hope you're happy with yourself.
    :):):)

• Advertisement

was just gonna ask should i watch. may pass for now, watch it drunk tonight, gain all the excitement and have none of the spoilers in the mornin :-)

I actually didn't even watch it myself! :pac: I just posted it up for anyone interested in seeing it!

I actually didn't even watch it myself! :pac: I just posted it up for anyone interested in seeing it!

That's even worse.:(

Good job it made no sense to me

That's even worse.:(
    Good job it made no sense to me

I rarely watch 'next episode trailers' because they give too much away, especially shows like The Walking Dead, but some people love to see them!

That's just evil! I deduct 1 million internet points from your account.
    Well, fortunately I know better than to watch any trailers of upcoming shows. Even that picture is giving too much away.
    I'll wait till Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

That's just evil! I deduct 1 million internet points from your account.
    Well, fortunately I know better than to watch any trailers of upcoming shows. Even that picture is giving too much away.
    I'll wait till Sunday.

Yeah, the picture on the YouTube link is a bit of a giveaway alright. It looks very much like ScienceCop is going to
    try and crack the code of giving sentience to Synths himself using all 5.

CLRImc0VAAAmdGw.png

Humans Renewed for Season 2 at AMC/Channel 4
    AMC, with its production partners Channel 4 and Kudos, has renewed the freshman drama Humans for an eight-episode Season 2, it was announced on Friday.

To date, Season 1 of the futuristic series — airing on AMC Sundays at 9/8c — has averaged 2 million weekly viewers (in Live+3 ratings). Meanwhile across the pond, the premiere episode was Channel 4’s highest-rated originated drama in 20 years and Season 1 to date has attracted an 18 percent share of the UK viewing audience in its time slot.

“We’re so pleased to announce a second season of Humans,” AMC/Sundance TV original programming president Joel Stillerman said in a statement. “As one of the year’s top new cable series, Humans has been embraced by fans and critics across the U.S. and UK. We’re looking forward to continuing this very captivating story and further exploring the show’s parallel, Synth-filled world that hits so disturbingly close to home.”

Link

Clip from the season finale;

View at your own risk for all the cry babies on here! :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Pot calling the kettle black there, haha - calling people crybabies for not wanting spoilers before an episode has been aired is being a bit juvenile yourself IMO. :rolleyes:
    But thanks for the link nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Enjoyed the series as a whole. Hope the second series will be good.

• Advertisement

Humans will return...happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Very disappointing final episode of a very good first series. Just void of any tension or a feeling of real peril.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Very disappointing final episode of a very good first series. Just void of any tension or a feeling of real peril.

Knowing there was a season 2 perhaps mitigated true peril.

On its own merits, I felt it was a very strong episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Agreed. I was expecting a big clash or perhaps one of the family to require rescue. It felt like a normal episode rather than a big finale.

Overall, I'm a bit disappointed. I sang the show's praises at the start, and I do think the early episodes were very strong, but it felt to me like it all fell off a cliff mid-way through the season. I feel like since Anita was overcome by the real 'person' inside that the show has dipped. I would have liked more of a conflict there with Anita trying to wrestle back control. There was an interesting dynamic with the family while Anita was around and since she has disappeared it feels like that interesting dynamic has gone with it.

I also think George was a huge loss as he was probably the most likeable character.

Having said all that it has at least been a cut above the usual dramas from Channel 4 and I do think it merits a second season. I would be willing to give it another chance and see where it goes from here, but my hopes are not as high as they were after the first few episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Query regarding the portable hard drives?
    Is it assumed that the drive carried by Niska also has the 'consciousness code'?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Query regarding the portable hard drives?
    Is it assumed that the drive carried by Niska also has the 'consciousness code'?

That was the impression I was left with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'm wondering...
    Do both the hard-drives have the code? Or only the on Niska has?

By the smile on her face I assume she has the only copy.

It was a good link to S2.

Won't be watching a season 2 , it started out fine but was lighter and fluffier than it should have been for an after 9pm show as it went on. Needed more grit for want of a better word and to be a little darker for me, I think the family hamstrung it slightly.

It was new money for old rope really in terms of AI story by the end.

Still I admire what they did on what was likely far less money than what would have been spent making it in the US for the same result, if not a better result for being made in the UK.

• Advertisement

I am two episodes behind, but from the last episode I saw, and what is posted here, seems like a hurried script (in how the family accepted Mia without a blink) and seems like they're just paving the way for series two. I got bored three episodes ago. It's a shame!

Advertisement