Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humans - Channel 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

Gemma Chan has tweeted
    It's been a while... but I can finally tell you #Humans 2.0 will be back on Sun 30th Oct 9pm C4

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gemma_Chan1/status/783930649916899328?p=v

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

New Season 2 Teaser Trailer;

The Humans skit in aid of the 'Stand Up To Cancer' comedy night on Channel 4;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bump for 9 PM tonight.

Great I'd forgotten about this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I cannot wait

Gah, I missed first 10 mins so I'm waiting til 10 on +1... I accidentally saw something on twitter!! I hope it's good

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Radiator's Bleeding!!!

I'll see myself out...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I caught up on the two episodes yesterday. I've been impressed with it so far. I think Carrie-Anne Moss is a very good addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

That was a weird scene in the scrapyard with the discarded robots.:(

• Advertisement

Having enjoyed the first two episodes, this week's one felt a bit flat to me. It felt like a filler episode honestly. Hope it picks up the pace next time.

I liked this week's episode. I found it much better than last week's offering.

Interest in this season seems way down on the first season. Have most of you given up on it?

I'm still enjoying it. Find the impact the synths have on people's minds is very interesting.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I'm really enjoying this season as well. I actually liked last week's episode, I thought it added a good bit to Mia's character.
    Unless I missed a bit, they didn't make much of Ruth Bradley's character's bag incident did they?

I'm enjoying this season equally as much (if not more than) I enjoyed the first season. At least with this season we already know all the characters, but I do think this week's episode was the one that drove the story forward the most so far and had some nice momentum to it, so hopefully that remains for the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Yeah, still watching. Loved the scenes where they brought the German girl into the trial.

Yeah, weird that the bag incident has gone pretty much un-noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

I found this week's episode a bit confusing. The bit about Joe's redundancy being carried out by robots only. Are they suggesting that the management robots in his company are sentient or that non-sentient robots are deciding that humans are not as capable of doing management jobs as robots are?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭squonk

Agreed. I'm guessing that's the case mainly because the intro now has a synth doing the work of a surgeon which, even though I know it's probably more efficient, is still chilling. What I really didn't get is why the café owner and his mate have suddenly abducted Mia. I expected the mate to be shady. I read that the original show had instances of rape against synths which the UK version skipped over but I thought it might head that way, or that he'd try to kidnap and sell Mia but I just can't see why the café owner, is it Joe?, is in on the whole thing. I know he needs the money but it seems like a total 180 from where his character seemed to be.

I was also expecting some damage to the DI due to the bag incident. Perhaps it's a sleeper and we'all find out later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Really liked this episode, not much happened but a lot of stories going on now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Has Anita reverted back to robot mode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Has Anita reverted back to robot mode?

I think so, in a panic she seems to have flashed herself with the phone.
    Or she's faking.

I think the "sentient" code is always there in the background (vague memory of that from season 1 but could be wrong), so I presume she's set the standard synth mode for a period of time or something, otherwise she's reliant on Leo or the daughter with the code to help her out.

I thought this was a strong episode.

I think maybe Anita, if she's back, may well be taken and they will attempt to put the consciousness of the doctor's daughter into her.

I'm loving this season as much, if not more than, the first.

I'm loving this season as much, if not more than, the first.

I have to agree, multiple stories at the same time and all extremely entertaining and gripping.

This scene really freaked me, hearing Mia raise her voice for the first time! :pac:

https://twitter.com/iJustin2014/status/804434499928891392

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Aw, Odi reverted himself because he was too scared and didn't know what to do with himself.

I think Mia saw this and will now not want to make all synths conscious.

Niska back in Germany too it seems.

Poor Odi :(
    I guess the "Hell hath no fury..." saying works for synths too!

I liked the confession scene. I found that amusing.

Was I the only one distracted by the child actors fidgeting in the opening scene? I know it must be a pain standing still, particularly for a kid, but this took me out of the moment.

Also another thing that confused me, Mia knew Niska was in trouble because the police warning reached her - well shouldn't it have reached all of the synths, including Niska herself?

I thought when Joe dropped the eggs he was going to have Sophie clean it up. I figured that would snap a kid out of this pronto but then later on she cleaned it up so maybe not.

Overall, I liked the episode. Am I right in thinking the one next week is the final one of this series?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was disappointed by Mia being reactivated.
    It was too simple.

Advertisement