Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humans - Channel 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

The "robot" woman in those C4 ads is crazy beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Yes, I want one. She provides all services and you can switch her off.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

More bull**** remakes. A remake of a series that was cancelled due to low viewing figures to replace another series (Utopia) which was cancelled for the same reason and is being remade...

What was it a remake of?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

What was it a remake of?
    Real Humans (Swedish)

Looks good to me.. Neil Maskell's always reliable!

Also Gemma Chan? Wow, that Jack Whitehall's a lucky man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

The problem with robot servants is that there is no way my missus (and probably anyone elses) would let a robot who looked like that into the house. We'd all end up with robo Mary Harneys:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

That ad only made me think of one thing, this exchange between Archer and his cyborg ex Katya:

Archer: Why in the sink…is your vagina?!

Katya: Why? (chuckle) Darling, it was dirty.

Woodhouse: The remedy for which, Miss, if you’ll forgive my boldness-

Katya: Da, Please Woodhouse, I think boldness is needed. What do you suggest?

Woodhouse: White vinegar, mineral oil, and elbow grease. Same thing we used in the RAF to clean the engines of our Sopwith Camels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

The problem with robot servants is that there is no way my missus (and probably anyone elses) would let a robot who looked like that into the house. We'd all end up with robo Mary Harneys:mad:

Thanks! Can't watch it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

conorhal wrote: »
    That ad only made me think of one thing, this exchange between Archer and his cyborg ex Katya:

Archer: Why in the sink…is your vagina?!

Katya: Why? (chuckle) Darling, it was dirty.

Woodhouse: The remedy for which, Miss, if you’ll forgive my boldness-

Katya: Da, Please Woodhouse, I think boldness is needed. What do you suggest?

Woodhouse: White vinegar, mineral oil, and elbow grease. Same thing we used in the RAF to clean the engines of our Sopwith Camels.

"Plus, it vibrates"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Little bit of the Black Mirrors about this too.

Starting on Channel 4 two weeks ahead of the States on Sunday June 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,216 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jen has left the basement :p

The kind of Asian woman? She's absolutely beautiful - was in Fresh Meat as well.

The kind of Asian woman? She's absolutely beautiful - was in Fresh Meat as well.
    Yep, as I mentioned above.. that's Gemma Chan. She's dating the very lucky Jack Whitehall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Basq wrote: »
    Yep, as I mentioned above.. that's Gemma Chan. She's dating the very lucky Jack Whitehall.

The woman in the ads they were running weeks before they even mentioned the show itself wasn't Gemma Chan, she wasn't Asian.

The woman in the ads they were running weeks before they even mentioned the show itself wasn't Gemma Chan, she wasn't Asian.
    Gemma Chan has only been in the ads I've saw anyways..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Gemma Chan has only been in the ads I've saw anyways..

These were like real adverts for an actual product, no mention of the tv show at all, none of the stars of the actual series were in it I don't think. Had a quick look on YouTube but couldn't find them, hopefully I haven't imagined them!

Edit: Found one

Jack Whitehall is a prick. At least he is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bump for this, not sure if I can be bothered. It a bit too slick and safe in the trailers. Ah I'll tape it (watching Jonathan Strange on BBC One) and give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

On now, let's see.
    "Can we change her if she's not pretty?"
    A very happy daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'm enjoying it. Feel a bit sorry for the old man who doesn't want his replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I'm hooked! Really enjoyed the first episode.

Lisha wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it. Feel a bit sorry for the old man who doesn't want his replaced.
    Think I might just watch it again. Nice to see 'Jen' in a serious role without maltesers, and still as much grasp of IT as before.
    Makes Bad Robots seem like a joke
    Dandelion3 hummingbird2 waterfall1 seashell
    What a chat up line.
    Lots of subtle little singularities, double entendres and triple jeopardies.
    "Don't go unscrewing her"

A lot of black mirror about it. Will continue watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Geniass

A bit mature at times. Had to switch over when the bald guy visited the blonde synth near the end. Watching it with family.

Some very good actors in it. Really enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I cant help thinking of Amy Pond when i see Katherine Parkinson. All we need now is the Doctor to appear :)

So far, so good.

Geniass wrote: »
    A bit mature at times. Had to switch over when the bald guy visited the blonde synth near the end. Watching it with family.

Some very good actors in it. Really enjoyed it.

Yes it was a bit ....euww alright.
    C4 continuity announcer did flag it fairly well as for a mature audience though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Geniass

Lisha wrote: »
    C4 continuity announcer did flag it fairly well as for a mature audience though

Missed that. Although neither of the two cringe moments were gratuitous I would just prefer if my 13 yo daughter wasn't in the room.

Geniass wrote: »
    Missed that. Although neither of the two cringe moments were gratuitous I would just prefer if my 13 yo daughter wasn't in the room.

Yes at end of break just before start of last bit. But I know most people don't watch ads. Might be better at start of hour maybe ?

• Advertisement

I cant help thinking of Amy Pond when i see Katherine Parkinson. All we need now is the Doctor to appear :)

So far, so good.
    ?
    Are you mixing her up with Karen Gillan.
    Both have red hair but that's where similarity ends for me.

Haven't seen William Hurt in a while, aged a lot.
    First noticed Gemma Chan in IT Crowd, female Spock I think:D

Advertisement