Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber promo genuine or scam?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 neutrino

+387603974124 SCAM!

If you've googled this number 'cos Viber says you've won an S6, see this thread history; don't follow the link and instructions, it'll suck your credit dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

All I won was a Samsung Galaxy. I'd much prefer an iPhone 6. :D

The number it came from was: +387603978950 - I believe it's a number from Bosnia/Herzagovnia.

Do not click!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

This is still doing the rounds

Got it this morning from +387603977372

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

You+might+be+missing+out_95aff4_5145044.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I'm still waiting for my win message.

But after going through my email this morning I have millions coming to me from several wealthy uncles that have passed away.

So think I'll just buy the s6 while I wait for the money to arrive in my account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Got a message overnight from this number

+387603972810

• Registered Users Posts: 1 billyboat12

Just got one today the number is +387603979453 hate scammers , take care,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I never followed it in the first place, just don't see why it is necessary for someone to post every time they get the text. It is pretty obvious it is a scam but if it is an issue with a closed thread getting lost then maybe it should become a sticky? Mods could have a list of this (and other) scams.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

So I've just signed up and given my credit card, visa card and back account details. Just to clarify, this is totally safe yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Dard23 wrote: »
    So I've just signed up and given my credit card, visa card and back account details. Just to clarify, this is totally safe yeah?

Pass on those details to me including the 3 digit number on the back and I'll check for you. Sounds 100% fine though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 David Cady

I just got one of these too:

+387603972848

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SparkyCrk

Same here, number is +387603806110, but the link to follow is: http vibero.mobi/ ( ive left out the ':// so that it doesn't show up as a link) and the unique 4 digit pin i am supposed to enter is 7816.
    I would also advise against saving the pin, also called the check code, as it may install secretive software that could potentially search your device for your details anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Just in case someone wants to Google another dodgy number, it'll come up in this thread.

My Samsung Galaxy S6 is from +387603975064 (They were last online a minute ago, am tempted to text them, but know it'll end in disaster) :o

And I just received a message from +639422591020 to become a millionaire - Jackpot of 7.5 million :eek:

I was in the UK over the weekend and connected to a Free WiFi, so maybe that's how they both got through in the last few days? Is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Just in case someone wants to Google another dodgy number, it'll come up in this thread.

My Samsung Galaxy S6 is from +387603975064 (They were last online a minute ago, am tempted to text them, but know it'll end in disaster) :o

And I just received a message from +639422591020 to become a millionaire - Jackpot of 7.5 million :eek:

I was in the UK over the weekend and connected to a Free WiFi, so maybe that's how they both got through in the last few days? Is that possible?

+63 is Phillippines... Pretty much a third world county so I doubt you'll have any luck getting millions of them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Zwillinge wrote: »

+63 is Phillippines... third world country so I doubt you'll have any luck getting millions of them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

Why can't Viber and WhatsApp implement a whitelisting system where you can only engage with your own contacts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Got this message today on Viber. I am just wondering how they are getting our numbers?
    +17573943938

"Get 700€ welcome bonus and 20 free chances to be a millionaire. Jackpot is 7,5 million now! Click here to win (link)"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'm seriously thinking of uninstalling viber. I get very little use of it and most of what seems to come my way is spam. Got something about suinglasses over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Drea1993

Says i was picked in a draw that i never entered won S6 phone need to follow links and add code then my details.
    Genuine or scam.
    I literally just got it now. 14July15 @9:32 the new number they use is +387603975064

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Drea1993

This scam is still goin on.I literally just got it now. 14July15 @9:32 the new number they use is +387603975064. Carefull folks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm seriously thinking of uninstalling viber. I get very little use of it and most of what seems to come my way is spam. Got something about suinglasses over the weekend.

Got that today for Rayban and some other brand.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Got that today for Rayban and some other brand.

Me too. Never got anything like that with WhatsApp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Got Raybans and won an S6 today. I'm so lucky. Uninstalling viber, **** that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Why uninstall the app?
    In what way is this Viber's fault?

Just curious, there's no aggression in those questions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sunflour

I won a Samsung this morning! Yay me! Phone number was +8618277978003 & link is to vibero.xyz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

They must have gotten all our phone numbers from somewhere.

I've entered a few online competitions on facebook recently on Irish media sites. Maybe they're selling them/were hacked?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Moonriver99

Got the same thing...as if I won a prize.i have become so cynical

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gazz123

i got it this morning of this number +387603990008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

The_B_Man wrote: »
    They must have gotten all our phone numbers from somewhere.

I've entered a few online competitions on facebook recently on Irish media sites. Maybe they're selling them/were hacked?

They just spam random numbers.

I get stuff like this and I know of others who have too.

Just ignore it. I'd give the same advice to whoever it was that was complaining about this thread being open. How could it trouble you so much that it's worth your time to post twice in this thread instead of just going about your own business?

Advertisement