Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber promo genuine or scam?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I just got it also, it is meant to look like it came from an Irish number but if you look at the number of digits it clearly doesn't. If you get it just ignore!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

most likely if you're asking if something is a scam it usually is. your subconscious already know that and it's trying to tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kcastle

Number used on mine was 00353 87 603 806 548

(At first looks like Irish mobile but the number of digits is wrong for an Irish phone)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Take a closer look at the numbers.
    They are not 0035387 or +35387
    They are 00387 or +387
    The country code for Bosnia / Herzegovina
    Probably picked on purpose as at first glance looks like an Irish mobile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Mine today was from +387603810341

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

xireland wrote: »
    me too just got it from this number +387603806385

the message was :
    We would like to congratulate you! In a big giveaway offer conducted by Viber, your phone number was just drawn and you got a new Samsung Galaxy S6 with installed Viber Application with all additional content. To send the shipment data and receive our reward you should:
    1. Follow this link: ttp://viberpromo.com/S6/
    2. Enter this unique 4 digit PIN (6841) which is validation code for this reward. Important: you must save this PIN code, because you will need to apply it in order to verify your prize.
    3. Provide your details

A friends 13 year old son got this and followed the link etc, he did it before telling his mother of his 'great win'. What exactly can they scam out of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mrpdap

just got one now from +387603805796

• Registered Users Posts: 25,336 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

A friends 13 year old son got this and followed the link etc, he did it before telling his mother of his 'great win'. What exactly can they scam out of him?

He could have inadvertently signed up for a premium text service so he might start getting horoscope readings or sports results for which they will extract large amounts of money from his account or rapidly deplete his PAYG balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Benotto

Thank you lads, I was woundering,
    I got one too from +387603806323

coylemj wrote: »
    He could have inadvertently signed up for a premium text service so he might start getting horoscope readings or sports results for which they will extract large amounts of money from his account or rapidly deplete his PAYG balance.

Oh crap! I will see him tomorrow and ask him if he has been receiving any unusual texts and to check his phone credit more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

5 mins ago Cnuts

Congratulations to you! In our big promotion offer conducted by Viber, your phone number was just drawn and you won a new Samsung Galaxy S6 with installed Viber with extra apps. To provide your shipment data and get this reward you need to:
    1. Follow this link to the reward site: http://viberpromo.com/S6/
    2. Enter this unique 4 digit PIN (8156) which is PIN code for this reward. Please remember: you must save this validation code, because you will need to redeem it in order to verify your prize.
    3. Enter your details

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

Just got it too!
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gerf2002

just got it from +387603805359
    same web link / different Pin (3471)
    now Blocked & Sorted.

ps...Happy with my iPhone 5 ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rexton05

I got the message too on Vider...from +387603810336 which seems to be: BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA COUNTRY CODE +387......Scammers

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rexton05

I got the message too on Viber today...from +387603810336 which seems to be: BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA COUNTRY CODE +387......Scammers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Just got this text too.....weird that these guys have so many phone numbers....tempted to text them back and see if they reply

Oh crap! I will see him tomorrow and ask him if he has been receiving any unusual texts and to check his phone credit more often.

Spoke to the lad today, he hasn't had credit since he responded to the message. He has been getting messages that say he has received a reverse charge message and will be able to be opened when he tops up. The minute he tops up all his credit will be gone. :eek:

Spoke to the lad today, he hasn't had credit since he responded to the message. He has been getting messages that say he has received a reverse charge message and will be able to be opened when he tops up. The minute he tops up all his credit will be gone. :eek:

Get a parent to call the telco (3, meteor, vodafone) and say that the messages are unwarranted and that any pending ones should be cancelled and blocked from the account before they'll top up again.

Explain to them that it's an anti fraud request and you want the charges dissolved.

That should help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shopaholicmum

got it this morning from +387603806841 could have done with a new phone and all :-( !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Clairey Faery

got that message too. +387603806008 is the number i received it from.

Blocked the number on facebook.

Does anyone know where it can be officially reported too??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Clairey Faery

blocked the number on viber not facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭edunne2010

I got one also today at 01:06 this morning, from 00387603806339

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Get a parent to call the telco (3, meteor, vodafone) and say that the messages are unwarranted and that any pending ones should be cancelled and blocked from the account before they'll top up again.

Explain to them that it's an anti fraud request and you want the charges dissolved.

That should help :)

I'll pass on this information to his mother and she will ring. Thanks so much for the advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TC cork

got same today from

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I think it has been well established at this stage that it is scam and that lots of people are getting it, surely the thread should be closed at this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Just got one of these from +387603971840

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Just got one of these from +387603971840

same as so still going on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Phone arrived today, it's a beaut :D

• Advertisement

Cute Hoor wrote: »