Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber promo genuine or scam?

Options
  • 20-05-2015 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Says i was picked in a draw that i never entered won S6 phone need to follow links and add code then my details.
    Genuine or scam.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Says i was picked in a draw that i never entered won S6 phone need to follow links and add code then my details.
    Genuine or scam.

SCAM.

You can't win a draw that you never entered!
    Also general rule of thumb is if you have to ask then you already know the answer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

I think you know the answer to this already!

100% a scam

Similar story here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5108721

Beaten to the punch by doing some research on it ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    kingtut wrote: »
    if you have to ask then you already know the answer ;)

Snap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

I understand it's a scam, I often see them on facebook for iphones and aldi. What is the actual scam? On facebook they ask people to like and share but what does it do for the scammers. how do they make money from this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,336 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

paska wrote: »
    I understand it's a scam, I often see them on facebook for iphones and aldi. What is the actual scam? On facebook they ask people to like and share but what does it do for the scammers. how do they make money from this.

Clicking 'like' on FB exposes the scam to all your friends and expands the network of potential victims. And tells your friends that you'd click on anything late at night!

The victim thinks they have won and supplies details of their bank or credit card a/c to pay an 'administration' fee, same as the Spanish lottery and other scams.

It's probably like the e-mail scams, all it takes is 1 in a 1,000 or even 10,000 to fall for it. Asking people to click 'like' costs nothing and is much cheaper than shoving leaflets about fake charity clothes collections through letterboxes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Scam. Just putting in the current number here so people will know its dodgy if they reverse search it. (Hope thats ok mods!)
    +387603801507

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

I got a message about winning a new Galaxy S6, this being the number.

+387603809790

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Satriale wrote: »
    Scam. Just putting in the current number here so people will know its dodgy if they reverse search it. (Hope thats ok mods!)
    +387603801507

im sure viruses can be sent to phones via text?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Same thing from +387603808669

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 evie1970

I just got a message this morning from Viber Promo stating i won a galaxy S6 phone which would be great if i had entered a competition - In saying that i am quite happy already on my iphone5s though.

the number they used was +387603816664

be wary of anything that says you won something

In life you dont get anything for free

this is a SCAM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Just got it too.

First thing I did was check boards.ie and found this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭akira336

Got the same text today also

+387603800489

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

I received that message about two weeks ago. Woke up to find I'd won an S6. Must admit was excited for a moment or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Juza1973

Genuine or scam.

Definite scam. It came from a number from Serbia, I don't have friends or family or business there

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭GD

Plus 1 on this .... Text at 6am this morning from 087 603809758.

"Big Action Offer introduced by Viber" ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stanistheman

Just found this when searching for Viber Promo, glad to see people are on here quickly to let others know. My Dad just showed me his phone and wanted to know what this was. It's presented very well, but I told him that I would have to check that it's a scam. Good to know I was right to trust my suspicions!

Seems a different number is being used each time, the number I have is +387603809661.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

35387 603808768 for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Father got this today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Carrie16109

I got that text 3 days ago! It's definitely scam! Here's the number that sent it to me: +387 60 38 00 432

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭georgem25

Got one this evening from +387603800991

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jhaj

I just got it too..... 087603809903

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xireland

Patww79 wrote: »

me too just got it from this number +387603806385

the message was :
    We would like to congratulate you! In a big giveaway offer conducted by Viber, your phone number was just drawn and you got a new Samsung Galaxy S6 with installed Viber Application with all additional content. To send the shipment data and receive our reward you should:
    1. Follow this link: ttp://viberpromo.com/S6/
    2. Enter this unique 4 digit PIN (6841) which is validation code for this reward. Important: you must save this PIN code, because you will need to apply it in order to verify your prize.
    3. Provide your details

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ticktock

me too just got it from this number +387603806782

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Got the message too, from +387603806413

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭FEar1

Just got the same one from +387603808474. The sneaky so and so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Here's mine

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

"A stranger told me I won a competition I never entered........."

How can people be smart enough to get through a full registration on Boards.ie and not be smart enough to recognise a ridiculous scam when they see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cardinal Wolsey

+387603801523

Does this mean I don't get a phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

+387603810296

This is the number that was used for me

Advertisement