Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! HL Maths 2015 - predictions, guesses, Q & A, discussion ...

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

12hello345 wrote: »
    why is it '(c cos A, c sin A)' like whats the 'c' about??

C is the length of the side going to that point. Because this isnt the unit circle and the radius isnt 1, the radius is now C. So the points are all multiplied by C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

If you search for them on YouTube there's plenty of videos that take you through the proofs step by step. Can be handy if you're stuck on one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭skippy1977

12hello345 wrote: »
    why is it '(c cos A, c sin A)' like whats the 'c' about??

Well this is the hard part. It's all theory based. The distance from (0,0) out to (c cos A, c sin A) is c. Why c, well we use a,b and c simply because these are the letters needed to make the cosine formula. So that point is a distance of c out. And the point (b,0) is a distance of b out.

The main thing (at this stage, a few hours before the exam ;)) is to remember the sketch and sub the points into the distance formula. Actually scrub that...watch the Youtube video!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Good luck to everyone tomorrow, may the theorems be ever so in your favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dkey

Uhh still studying hope it will go grand. Failed 1st exam this is my only hope ;x

Good luck to everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Dkey wrote: »
    Uhh still studying hope it will go grand. Failed 1st exam this is my only hope ;x

Good luck to everyone

In the same boat as myself. Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭nifheorais

The_Mac wrote: »
    In the same boat as myself. Good luck everyone!

Alot of people found the Honours p1 really difficult .It was worse because the honours students were aware of the upset in the exam hall caused by the ordinary paper shamble .Nobody seems to acknowledge this. The examiners must factor this in when marking the honours paper.

How can you give 100% when your pals are sitting beside you inconsolable?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

nifheorais wrote: »
    Alot of people found the Honours p1 really difficult .It was worse because the honours students were aware of the upset in the exam hall caused by the ordinary paper shamble .Nobody seems to acknowledge this. The examiners must factor this in when marking the honours paper.

How can you give 100% when your pals are sitting beside you inconsolable?
    Um, "the Ordinary paper was hard so we have to mark the Honours people easier" ...?

I genuinely don't see that one getting traction, sorry!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement