Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PaddyPower 2x5 Offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

they are weeding the undesirables out and as we see not just banning these offers but best odds guaranteed,mbs etc. for the sake of a fiver freebet its not worth it. im not doing this anymore on my new account as it will be too much hassle to set up another.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

2 x €5 free bets but as you said, not worth it but I'd assume that is for people backing 1st goalscorers and not anything that won't be made void.
    BOG would be worth way more.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Arsenal v Villa

Arteta not in squad but still available in the betting

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

PP are a joke,I have yet to get the free bets within 5 minutes of kick off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Freebets on:

Koscielny fgs @ 33/1
    Over 1.5 first half goal @ 9/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

When do you get the free bet? I put 20 on arsenal at 8/15 but no free 5ers yet?

jive wrote: »

you must be restricted

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I got mine after 12 minutes and I logged off/on a few times to see would that work.
    Alls well that ends well,I used one on Theo FGS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

ianburke wrote: »
    you must be restricted

Yep, some waste of a bet that

Yep, some waste of a bet that

at least they won...i did the same a couple months back and when i didnt get the freebets i was annoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Has to be odds better than 1/2

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Has to be odds better than 1/2

8/15 is better than 1/2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

matrixf wrote: »
    8/15 is better than 1/2

Is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

eh i dunno wrote:
    Is it?

Yeah 8/15 is 1.53 as a decimal

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

you must be restricted

If you were restricted, they would have to tell you.

If you were restricted, they would have to tell you.

not at all. they never told me.

I've got a collection of emails from bookies over the years telling me "they are now restricting it to peanuts or closing my account".
    Got one that told me I had 1 day to close my account or they wouldn't be sending me on my money!

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I've got a collection of emails from bookies over the years telling me "they are now restricting it to peanuts or closing my account".
    Got one that told me I had 1 day to close my account or they wouldn't be sending me on my money!

the only email i got from pp was one that said my account would be closed due to trading decision and that it wouldnt affect my credit rating lol. have never got anything saying im banned from offers,mbs etc. but its easy to tell. for example max bet will be very low and also if you click on a horse the best price guaranteed logo will be missing

that it wouldnt affect my credit rating[/QUOTE

:confused:

Thank you for contacting Paddy Power Customer Support.

We are sorry to have to inform you that your internet account with Paddy Power has been closed. The decision to close your account has been based upon commercial grounds and does not in any way reflect your credit worthiness.

Any ante-post bets, which you have outstanding, will be honoured and any winnings have been sent back to your card.

Paddy Power would like to thank you for your custom and wish you every success in the future.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Marie Hogan

Paddy Power Customer Service

got that a few yrs back and a lot of others as i checked online. they must make a fortune when they can pick and choose who's money they want. have had a few accounts since so at least i can still bet with them but its a major hassle trying to get new accounts set up

• Advertisement

The decision to close your account has been based upon commercial grounds and does not in any way reflect your credit worthiness.

That's hilarious!
    AFAIK Bookies don't operate credit accounts anymore and certainly not PP.
    Cash is king these days.

Paddy Power would like to thank you for your custom and wish you every success in the future

If they liked your custom that much, they should have left the account open! ;).
    they must make a fortune when they can pick and choose who's money they want.

As the old saying goes "ever seen a poor bookie"?

yep and i hadnt won much at all there when it was shut. but i remember the times when it would get restricted. usually after wins on markets that wouldnt get much action. ive had a few accounts since and am a bit better at avoiding being restricted.

ive done two of these bet 20 get 10inplay with players who werent in squad. i fear ill be restricted again soon because of this and this new account is only just funded. a friends old acc he never uses. i just think they do some good enhanced prices and mbs,early payout etc. be a shame to miss out

ive done two of these bet 20 get 10inplay with players who werent in squad.

Much easier these days to just back one of the teams in the w/d/w Market as they are normally best price one of the teams in a TV match and then lay it off on the exchanges if you just want a zero cost Free Bet.
    Mind you after next weekend, that will be the end of it for the summer.

One account closure email I got

Dear XXX

We are writing to you to let you know that we have reviewed your
    account.

We have taken the decision to close the account rather than offer a heavily restricted service. Your account will remain open for the next 48 hours, please withdraw any balance during this time.

We are aware that you may be unhappy with this decision and apologise
    for any inconvenience.
    +

Sent a mail asking why they were closing it?
    Reply was.

+
    Thank you for your e-mail regarding your account.

The decision to close your account had been a Trading decision and we
    are unable to over ride the Traders.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us again and we
    will be more than happy to help you.

+

Another one

All accounts are reviewed on a regular basis by our Trading team, and due to betting patterns on this account the decision has been made to close it.

I would make you aware that this decision has been made at the highest level and will not be reversed. Any open bets will be honoured, and any outstanding balance will be returned to you via your normal withdrawal method.

Kind regards,

The 1st one above was a winning one and the other one, I was breaking even on.
    Having checked the bets on the 2nd one, I discovered over 90% of the bets I had. all went off lower SP so that would never help.

PP doing Bet €20 pre match and get a free in play €10 bet on both the Champions League Final Saturday and Ireland v England friendly Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

PP doing Bet €20 pre match and get a free in play €10 bet on both the Champions League Final Saturday and Ireland v England friendly Sunday.

same on horse races at notts today, see horsey thread

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Just a quick question re this offer from PP re 20 euro bet and free 10.

Barring a goal by Juve in the first 5 min the worst case scenario will be a free 5euro bet - see draw and probable 5 euro bet and 5 euro profit approx if Juve or Barca win. Looks like free money to me albeit small change. But a free 5 yo yo bet sounds cool.

If I bet 15 @ 8/13 Barca = 24 Approx

5 @ 11/4 Draw = 19 Approx

and await free 2 x 5 euro bets and place

5 @ 5/1 Juve (in play) = 25

Free 5 euro bet in play

• Advertisement

Just a quick question re this offer from PP re 20 euro bet and free 10.
    Barring a goal by Juve in the first 5 min the worst case scenario will be a free 5euro bet - see draw and probable 5 euro bet and 5 euro profit approx if Juve or Barca win. Looks like free money to me albeit small change. But a free 5 yo yo bet sounds cool.
    If I bet 15 @ 8/13 Barca = 24 Approx
    5 @ 11/4 Draw = 19 Approx
    and await free 2 x 5 euro bets and place
    5 @ 5/1 Juve (in play) = 25
    Free 5 euro bet in play

Not Quite.
    Pre match Barca win = 9.23, -5, = 4.23 Profit going into In Play betting.
    Draw = 13.75, - 15 = -1.25.
    5 in play Juventus won't be at 5/1 in play, would be more like 9/2 or more likely 4's or just over.
    Say 9/2 for a fiver = 22.5 Les 20 pre match staked) = Profit €2.50.
    with another free 5 to come.
    Someone will post up a few bets bets to do in the next few days.

Advertisement