Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucifer (Fox/Netflix) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

https://deadline.com/2018/06/lucifer-saved-netflix-picks-up-series-season-4-after-fox-cancelation-1202411666/

Surprised they are looking at Designated Survivor as well - thought that was a series that run its course in season 1 then just became a play it by numbers political thriller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,194 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wooooooooo hoooo

Anyone know their history with show formats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,310 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Great news! I'm assuming it'll go the netflix format instead of weekly now.

With amazon showing it over here I thought they would be the ones likely to invest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

fritzelly wrote: »
    https://deadline.com/2018/06/lucifer-saved-netflix-picks-up-series-season-4-after-fox-cancelation-1202411666/

Surprised they are looking at Designated Survivor as well - thought that was a series that run its course in season 1 then just became a play it by numbers political thriller

Netflix already has designated survivor in the uk and Ireland just not in the states, the network that aired it in the states dumped it for good reason, it’s very poor

Pleased about lucifer it’s easy watching and has some good episodes

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Great news! I'm assuming it'll go the netflix format instead of weekly now.

With amazon showing it over here I thought they would be the ones likely to invest.

Netflix do have a few things they show weekly
    Shooter is one that I remember

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Netflix already has designated survivor in the uk and Ireland just not in the states, the network that aired it in the states dumped it for good reason, it’s very poor

Yeah but thats more about syndication or whatever word they use for it now and not a Netflix produced series - be very surprised if they pick up DS, only continued to watch it because...I'm not actually sure why, maybe expecting Keifer to go full on 24 but maybe there's hopes for another 24 now after that other abysmal effort.

Great news hopefully Netflix will issue it weekly when the time comes or perhaps a half season drop in October and then the other half in January maybe important thing is the show is saved.

Great news hopefully Netflix will issue it weekly when the time comes or perhaps a half season drop in October and then the other half in January maybe important thing is the show is saved.

Yeah - doesn't need to be binged like Daredevil since its episodic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Yes!!! Made my day :) so happy!!

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Netflix do have a few things they show weekly
    Shooter is one that I remember

That's due to them airing it as it airs on the USA Network in the States. Like Riverdale, iZombie and others, they're not made by Netflix and are just shown by Netflix over here.
    Only Netflix made series I can think of that airs weekly is the Joel McHale Show.

Hoping Netflix throws money at this now we need to see God versus Lucifer face to face on screen that will be worth 1m new subscriptions. I am really hoping God does at least one appearance.

The question I have, and it's the same for all these saved shows, is Will they treat this as a final season, using these 10 episodes to wrap things up or will they plan to continue?
    As much as I would like it to keep going, I wouldn't want it to suddenly get cancelled again.

The question I have, and it's the same for all these saved shows, is Will they treat this as a final season, using these 10 episodes to wrap things up or will they plan to continue?
    As much as I would like it to keep going, I wouldn't want it to suddenly get cancelled again.

If it gets viewers there's no reason for it to be a last season - Netflix do this to get viewers on a long term plan so if they didn't think it was a long term money maker they wouldn't have taken it on (probably a lot to do with viewership in the UK/Ireland and other territories as well since it is very popular outside the US, Lucifer that is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Delighted to hear this. I'm not surprised though, I had a feeling that Netflix was going to go straight for it when it was cancelled. The huge international fan base especially south America where Netflix have been trying to expand into, a cult following that would easily transfer into new subscriptions or retain old subscribers who might have been hoping for a pickup and a lead man who makes advertising very easy because of his looks and charm. Made perfect sense really.

My main question is now that it is not on prime time network TV will they go darker with more cursing and gore like Tom Ellis was hoping for? It always seemed a little strange to have a show about the Devil be so tame and family friendly.

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Delighted to hear this. I'm not surprised though, I had a feeling that Netflix was going to go straight for it when it was cancelled. The huge international fan base especially south America where Netflix have been trying to expand into, a cult following that would easily transfer into new subscriptions or retain old subscribers who might have been hoping for a pickup and a lead man who makes advertising very easy because of his looks and charm. Made perfect sense really.

My main question is now that it is not on prime time network TV will they go darker with more cursing and gore like Tom Ellis was hoping for? It always seemed a little strange to have a show about the Devil be so tame and family friendly.

A lot of fans were calling for it go darker and I'd be happy with that as long as it kept the quips and humor - not exactly light humoured to start with anyway with a murder every episode lol

No need to go darker and risk upsetting the fans that campaigned for it. Like how dark/edgy are you talking? Like I'm all for the Chloe/Maze/Ella threesome, but not at the expense of the show. Well, maybe, but you know what I mean :) You want Lucifer to suddenly become The Punisher? Show Maze actually torturing someone? Those kinds of things can turn fans against the characters.

Definitely want to avoid cursing. It's okay in a show starting out like Banshee, but just adding it to a show later because they can is very jarring. I know it wasn't great anyway, but one thing I didn't like about the Dead Like Me movie was George and the others cursing. Was just unlike the characters I knew.

Then there are shows like Star Trek Discovery where Star Trek fans complained about it being dark and having swearing and trying to be too edgy.

But I think one way they can do it is by bringing in more mythology. Like Lucifer has been on Earth how long? Who has been looking after hell all that time? Will they send demons to Earth to fight Lucifer?

Fans were saying it was too light hearted and not like the comics - could very easily become a bit darker and still be the same show but remember this is the Devil
    We only really see the dark side when he shows his devil face (and its more a passing thing) but maybe if he became a bit darker and was trying to fight that dark side of himself vs the love for Chloe it would make for a better show.
    Think that passive/aggressive side (or should I say fighting the inner 'demons') was more evident in the last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Will Netflix get all the previous seasons too or just the new season?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Great news, might actually get a netflix sub now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that is all for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Season 4 will have 10 episodes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mr E wrote: »
    Clareman wrote: »
    WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that is all for now

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Mr E wrote: »

More likely to see Tom's Bum. :pac:

Don't think Chloe is particularly hot. Those eyebrows, and she looks unhealthy to me. Like drug dependency unhealthy.

Probably see more flesh from randomers.

More gore wooooooooo hoooooo nudity wooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooo

any more news on Neil Gaiman involvement or a potential air date yet?

Said it earlier in the thread about fans wanting it darker and it's come true yippee

Not sure about Tom's butt but Mazikeen...hmmm, viewership would be thru the roof!

Maze torturing the goddess of all creation or someone like Hitler would be a good flashback scene, the emphasis on an individuals own hell loop was a twisted representation of all hell stands for in the reality of the show.

fritzelly wrote: »
    Not sure about Tom's butt but Mazikeen...hmmm, viewership would be thru the roof!

Let me tell you about a show called Spartacus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I did not make that connection until now. Thank you CastorTroy!

A bit more dark will be welcome, but as long as they don't completely change the show, it should work well! Maybe him starting to curse could indicate a fall into insanity or something, whereas I'd imagine Chloe will never curse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,907 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

And that is how you do a promo! Hyped!

Very clever promo, hats off to Netflix for that and picking up the series

When's it due anyone know

• Advertisement

Spring 2019 is the last update I heard, but I'd imagine with the above promo we'll get a trailer and date soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Biggest upgrade so far by going to netflix are Chloes hair extensions. Suits her.

Looking forward to it coming back hope Chloe has a much shorter Netflix robe ;)

Nice, a release date (May 8th). Next up, trailer!

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Nothing new in there for those who's watched it to date but a good summation to get new people to watch it and draw in an audience.

Nody wrote: »
    Nothing new in there for those who's watched it to date but a good summation to get new people to watch it and draw in an audience.

Yeah exactly. I wonder will Netflix release the previous seasons here

Think Amazon prime has UK rights so probably them for season 1-3

Think Amazon prime has UK rights so probably them for season 1-3

Yeah checked just watch and first three seasons are on prime video in UK and is not available here. Would have thought Netflix would own the rights for the other seasons seeing as they will be airing season 4

I can see it being more supernaturally than previous seasons.

I can see it being more supernaturally than previous seasons.

I hope you don’t mean it’s going to be like supernatural the series
    Jaysus that’s pure tripe

I was waiting for that. Was gonna state not the series. I just mean it'll be more mythology based, especially with the new character

We need a release date! Hyped for this.

May 8th....

• Advertisement
Advertisement