Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucifer (Fox/Netflix) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It sets up the third season story arc (or what looks to be the story arc) quite well though I'd had hoped the ending of season 2 would have had a longer/better story behind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

To my mind Lucifer (supposition)
    is no longer the Devil, now that he's got white wings, and there's a new Devil in town

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

To my mind Lucifer (supposition)
    is no longer the Devil, now that he's got white wings, and there's a new Devil in town
    I'd agree that is what's hinted at; but then again he had
    white wings as the devil as well; remember he cut them off and they were white then
    so I think it's going to be something more along the lines off
    he needs to redeem himself by stopping the human master mind who bought his wings in season 2 for one or another reason and he'll end up with his devil face and all by end of season 3 at the latest

• Registered Users Posts: 60,289 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Took me a few minutes to recognise that was Tom Welling even though I new he was joining the cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, like I said elsewhere, after he refused to don the suit for Smallville which resulted in what we got. It looks like CG is the only way he would fit now.

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    white wings as the devil as well; remember he cut them off and they were white then

I remember them as black :pac::o
    Took me a few minutes to recognise that was Tom Welling even though I new he was joining the cast.

Had to google Tom Welling. Would NOT have recognised/guessed his former character in a million years.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,080 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jebus he's unrecognisable in this, stubble and a bad dye job do wonders for him.

Lucifer is a fallen angel the wings would always be white, hope the angle plays out well this time, get someone interesting to play the protagonist please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Lucifer is a fallen angel the wings would always be white, hope the angle plays out well this time, get someone interesting to play the protagonist please.

You have someone interesting who is playing the protagonist, it's right in front of your eyes, you just need to look. At least that is who I think it is going to be.

Overall a nice season opener, looking forward to see where this is going to go and hope we are getting a nice overarching story line out of this.

Antagonist?

• Advertisement

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Another great episode and it looks like it airs on Sundays in Canada so people don’t need to wait until Tuesday to see the latest episode.

After 2 episodes, I have to ask
    where's Maze? Budget cuts meaning she gets paid per appearance so less appearances?

Edit: Never mind. Google says the actress had a baby and so got time off

This week's episode was one of the four not aired last season.

Maz is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The last couple of seconds with the filing cabinet felt like were added after the decision was made to air these 4 as part of this seasons episode.

Otherwise, I sure hope we are going to see Maz again regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Best episode in a long time , Maz was excellent ,a great mix of humor and action

The last couple of seconds with the filing cabinet felt like were added after the decision was made to air these 4 as part of this seasons episode.

Otherwise, I sure hope we are going to see Maz again regularly.

Was thinking that as well. And there was a name there that I didn't recognise. After googling I see it's a character from the comic.
    But when the guy said he ha dto go on the run as there was someone higher up, it seems they had planned for Sinnerman before

Really great to see Candy back I hope she becomes a bit of a recurring character.

Card counting Ella was great as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Really great to see Candy back I hope she becomes a bit of a recurring character.

Card counting Ella was great as well.

I've a feeling this week's episode was another of the stand alone episodes.

Ella full of surprises, missed Maz during the penthouse drunkeness, thought Sin City might have brought out the Sinnerman, Linda is good fun drunk.

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    I've a feeling this week's episode was another of the stand alone episodes.

According to wiki, you're right. As is next week's.

Still Ella looked pretty good in this

Patrick Fabian deserves an emmy for that performance. Best guest star ever.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Another good stand alone episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Usually hate stand alone episodes because they tend to be filler but that episode was very good. Easily the best of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Great episode but as a standalone it didn't work. Anyone who did didn't know it was held off from last year would be very confused

Lucifer still has his devil face but it has been gone
    For a while now he has been calling espinoza Daniel not lt douche
    Maze is still protecting Lucifer

You get to see the news wall in the Reeses office a couple of times one of them stating lost powers, one referring to Charlotte Richards so it has progression. More of a montage episode than stand alone as the relationship was on going. That ending was ****ing brutally evil, best episode so far in the series watching it again after hearing the doors of hell aren't closed is eye opening to all but Reese.

Watching this week's episode I'm wondering if Aimee Garcia gets hazard pay in case of neck pain from having to always look Tricia Helfer in the eye all the time.
    Decker is most definitely a hat.

smilerf wrote: »
    Great episode but as a standalone it didn't work. Anyone who did didn't know it was held off from last year would be very confused

They did that on purpose, the reporter was supposed to have been on the scene since pretty much from the start, and this story line went throughout the full time line.

I'd be disappointed if that was really the Sinnerman, unless he's got some big plan

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd be disappointed if that was really the Sinnerman, unless he's got some big plan

It's definitely
    superman, cross over to end all crossovers :D Superman to Sinnerman in a single bound

Advertisement