Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match thread: Ulster v Munster, Ravenhill 09/05/15 14:40

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Great game, silly penalty from Guinazu, good maul defence, but then awful after that.

STANDER FOR THE MUNSTERMEN!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Great result for Glasgow!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Ah, either someone from the Munster tight five, or Jackson.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Robbed at the death!! :mad:

Robbed? Sorry but we threw that away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Great kick from Jackson tbf. That must be him cemented as Sexton's backup now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Robbed at the death!! :mad:

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Fecking robbery. :(

Gas.

A red card and 5 penalties conceded in the entire match and you're robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Had to be a red it's reckless and dangerous and just because people get away with it in other games doesn't excuse it

All came from a brainless box kick.

BOX KICKS ARE THE DEVIL.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Brilliant game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Great kick from Jackson tbf. That must be him cemented as Sexton's backup now.

Definitely. And Keatley is number three.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I'm shaking and smiling. That match had absolutely everything.

Stander well deserved MOTM - he had a brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

BAd miss from Keatley. That might be important.

Sadly it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

razorblunt wrote: »
    Yellow for me, he led with the forearm on a prone player, but he definitely didnt intend to go with the head.

If they start pinging for these, they need to be consistent, it happens in all games from all teams.

Led with the forearm as a fend, not as foul play. If every ruck was policed like that the ball would be in play for about 10 minutes every game and there would be 20 players in the bin every match. It was clumsy more then anything.

Ulster deserved the draw at least, if they could sort out their set piece they would be a great side

If Munster get a TBP then we should be good for a home semi final. Unlikely that Glasgow or Ulster will get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

I don't think anybody thought this match would end with Paul Marshall scoring a last-minute try on the wing.

Buer wrote: »
    Gas.

Ulster robbed/stole the win from our grasp. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.. :confused:

Robbed? Sorry but we threw that away.

Pretty much. Ulster will be disappointed with their return from the first half but Munster will be angry with themselves for not winning when they completely dominated the forwards and set piece as well as playing 14 men for the last 8 minutes.

They'll need a bonus point next week for the home semi final now and hope Ospreys and Glasgow fail to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Gas.

Look at his posts, they're "unconventional", I'll stop short of using the t word as he's flirting with the line.

• Advertisement

All came from a brainless box kick.

BOX KICKS ARE THE DEVIL.

God damn, Thomond, never change!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Pretty much. Ulster will be disappointed with their return from the first half but Munster will be angry with themselves for not winning when they completely dominated the forwards and set piece as well as playing 14 men for the last 8 minutes.

They'll need a bonus point next week for the home semi final now and hope Ospreys and Glasgow fail to get one.

Well within the realms of possibility though.

Ulster robbed/stole the win from our grasp. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.. :confused:

Nope - Munster handed it to Ulster, who were down to 14 and missing their key player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

maybe if munster didnt switch off in the last 2 minutes of each half they wouldnt concede those tries???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭accidentprone1

Swiwi. wrote: »
    So I've only seen the last 10 minutes or so. Would anyone be kind enough to say who enhanced their claims and who didn't?

From an Ulster point of view:
    Jackson did everything right, apart from shaky kicking of contestibles.

Henderson did a lot of good, until his moment of idiocy at the end.

Best's throwing at the lineout was good -- seemed particularly high and loopy when aiming for the back, but at least it worked mostly.

Munster point of view:
    Keatley was good. Very solid performance.

Earls took his try well, and defended solidly throughout. Good catch in the air towards the end (albeit against Paul Marshall).

Stander was his usually beastly self in contact.

Ryan and Botha acquitted themselves well at scrumtime when they came on. That could have been Ulster being poor though.

Another MOTM performance from CJ. How many is he up to now?

Fair play to Botha. Had a great impact, best showing for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

As a Leinster fan I thoroughly enjoyed that.

It was like strawberry jam for taste of stale vomit left in my mouth after last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭accidentprone1

aimee1 wrote: »
    Led with the forearm as a fend, not as foul play. If every ruck was policed like that the ball would be in play for about 10 minutes every game and there would be 20 players in the bin every match. It was clumsy more then anything.

Ulster deserved the draw at least, if they could sort out their set piece they would be a great side

But surely if you place yourself in a position where you end up torpedoing (as in, with your body off the ground) your head into another player's head, you deserve a red? It's just simply unsafe.

• Advertisement

That was mighty entertainment. Thanks to both teams.

Advertisement