Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match thread: Ulster v Munster, Ravenhill 09/05/15 14:40

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

CatFromHue wrote: »
    The game's too physical
    Players are getting concussed too often
    blah blah blah

Some player hits another guy with his head on the head while going off his feet by himself into a ruck.

Ah sure it's grand!

There's a lot of talking out of both sides of your mouth going on here so.

To be fair to me, I've consistently said the referee was wrong and today was vindication for my long struggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

awec wrote: »
    To be fair to me, I've consistently said the referee was wrong and today was vindication for my long struggle.

And the Nobel prize in recognition of your heartfelt struggle will follow in due course :p

They've basically said he lead with his arm instead of his head. Not a red so, but still not something I hope will feature in rugby in the long term.

And most definitely not deliberate on that I 100% agree.

Swiwi. wrote: »
    And the Nobel prize in recognition of your heartfelt struggle will follow in due course :p

They've basically said he lead with his arm instead of his head. Not a red so, but still not something I hope will feature in rugby in the long term.

And most definitely not deliberate on that I 100% agree.

Tonight I will sleep soundly for the first time in a long time (since Friday night) knowing that my struggle is now over and the tyrannical forces of evil have been defeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

Buer wrote: »
    The 9 didn't have the ball when Henderson started to go in to clear out. In fact, he doesn't even appear to be looking at the ball. You can see ROM stooping into the ruck with his foot beside the ball. He was absolutely in a position that you'd expect a flanker to clear him from. Louis Ludik is already trying to dislodge him.

Henderson%20Pre_zpso8zdloxo.jpg

There's nothing to suggest that Iain Henderson went into that ruck to deliberately hurt another player. Especially given that the reason their heads connected was because Ludik rolled ROM backwards and he was falling back with his head raised when Henderson's head went in.

Just watched it again yes the 9 does have his hand on the ball. Marshall 21 was not playing scurm half.
    I stand by what I said it was reckless and dangerous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭QuinDixie

Tox56 wrote: »
    On this subject, maybe in all of human history

Apology acknowledged and accepted

• Advertisement

Most ridiculous post made on the subject so far?

you were saying, munster will be raging.

finatron wrote: »
    Just watched it again yes the 9 does have his hand on the ball. Marshall 21 was not playing scurm half.

say what you want, it was not dangerous and today proved that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

You're right. Didn't cop that Pienaar was in at the ball. But you can see how ROM is in a position to disrupt and should be cleared out. I'd agree it was reckless going in with that body position and don't disagree with the card but that's quite a distance from saying he deliberately went in to inflict harm to a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

QuinDixie wrote: »
    say what you want, it was not dangerous and today proved that.

No today he got let off the hook
    Diving into ruck is dangerous .leading with your forearm and head is dangerous . When a player is hit on the head it's dangerous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Diving into ruck is dangerous .leading with your forearm and head is dangerous . When a player is hit on the head it's dangerous!

playing rugby is dangerous. Henderson didnt dive in any more or less then many players clear out rucks. He didnt target the guy's head and video evidence provided to the panel has proved that he didnt deliberately intend to do anything wrong

Gethin Jenkins in 6n. No card/citing at all.

http://www.andymcgeady.com/no-arms-clearout-needs-shown-door/

• Advertisement

As others have posted, what Henderson did happens all the time in rugby without red cards.
    He was left off the hook because the tackle was not dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

As others have posted, what Henderson did happens all the time in rugby without red cards.

I agree with you completely here - justice was done. Delighted for Henderson and for Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Regardless the red player is still 'alive' in the ruck. He was a valid target for a clear out. Just a few unfortunate things happened, including a sloppy clear out attempt from Hendo and ROM popping up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Well, the disciplinary committee said that it was not a red card offence; that isn't quite the same as "not dangerous".

Well, the disciplinary committee said that it was not a red card offence; that isn't quite the same as "not dangerous".

I am delighted justice was done, gives ulster a great chance now of winning
    the pro 12.
    It was not a red card offence and was not dangerous play.

For what it's worth apparently Nigel Owens reversed his own opinion of it during the citing, admitting that he got it wrong when he reviewed it after the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

awec wrote: »
    For what it's worth apparently Nigel Owens reversed his own opinion of it during the citing, admitting that he got it wrong when he reviewed it after the game.
    In the Top14 referees are interviewed post match by Canal+ if there's been a questionable call. They will replay the footage to the refs who are generally happy to admit they got a decision wrong and/or explain their reasoning for the decision at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

In the Top14 referees are interviewed post match by Canal+ if there's been a questionable call. They will replay the footage to the refs who are generally happy to admit they got a decision wrong and/or explain their reasoning for the decision at the time.

Ugh not sure how that sits with me... Interesting tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

.ak wrote: »
    Ugh not sure how that sits with me... Interesting tho!
    I should clarify. I don't know whether the refs are obliged to respond to an interview request or not.

Advertisement