Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

I think as I'm organising the brothers stag do next year I may just have to make sure everyone's got their passport as I'm making the call that we're all for France. Coybig. ⚽️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

have just done 3 shifts one after the other in work. 34 hrs since i left the house. get into bed and then cant sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

have just done 3 shifts one after the other in work. 34 hrs since i left the house. get into bed and then cant sleep

This lad's more of a hurdler than a fencer.

Animated-sheep-jumping-hurdles.gif

Serious answer, whenever I can't sleep I ball myslf into an uncomfortable position for a few mins. Then move into a comfy one, I then find it easier to fall asleep. Also reading with a dark background on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭BG2.0

Kovu wrote: »
    This lad's more of a hurdler than a fencer.

Animated-sheep-jumping-hurdles.gif

Serious answer, whenever I can't sleep I ball myslf into an uncomfortable position for a few mins. Then move into a comfy one, I then find it easier to fall asleep. Also reading with a dark background on the phone.

Can you tell my little girl these methods please. World war 3 to world peace declared in a matter of minutes atm.

BG2.0 wrote: »
    Can you tell my little girl these methods please. World war 3 to world peace declared in a matter of minutes atm.

At 2.30am? HAAAAA. Good luck for the next few years! I used to have to be sent to sleep as a babby by someone stroking my hair.
    I'm after starting uproar in the shed by waking up the two cows that had their babies taken away earlier. Whoopsie.

• Advertisement

At 2.30am? HAAAAA. Good luck for the next few years! I used to have to be sent to sleep as a babby by someone stroking my hair.
    I'm after starting uproar in the shed by waking up the two cows that had their babies taken away earlier. Whoopsie.

Back away slowly and and pretend nothing happened they might just chill out a little. Likes her sleep at night luckily 11-5/6 very doable normally, 'rash' is causing issues and it's my fault so mammy isn't getting up this time. :rolleyes:

Back away slowly and and pretend nothing happened they might just chill out a little. Likes her sleep at night luckily 11-5/6 very doable normally, 'rash' is causing issues and it's my fault so mammy isn't getting up this time. :rolleyes:

Rash eh? What did you do wrong? :p Calpol should cure everything. It used to for me anyway! Ah they're still roaring but it's quietened down a good bit, thank feck. Off to Ballyconnell for the van retest in the morning so I guess I better get a few hours kip!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,360 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

tax has left my bank account this morning, spoke with a lad the other day who thought because the money didnt actually leave his account on the 12 that it wasnt set up right and he made another payment along with a surcharge, I assume the money will come out twice on him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

whelan2 wrote: »
    tax has left my bank account this morning, spoke with a lad the other day who thought because the money didnt actually leave his account on the 12 that it wasnt set up right and he made another payment along with a surcharge, I assume the money will come out twice on him
    I'd say if things are in order they should be able to refund him easily enough if they do take it out twice.
    I hate tax :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Bullocks wrote: »
    I'd say if things are in order they should be able to refund him easily enough if they do take it out twice.
    I hate tax :mad:

It's nice to have an income that's taxable, though.

I don't like not having to pay tax because I know I've had a crap year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

True enough but I think too much of what I make goes to people that don't care how it's spent .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Neighbour of mine, like most of us, hates paying tax. So he buys machinery etc that he doesn't need with borrowed money to avoid tax. Changed accountant twice cos they tried to advise him differently saying "them h@@rs are all working for the government and it's me that's paying them"

Am floating through Cavan. Plz send boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

I rather pay half my money to the government than all of it to the machinery dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I rather pay half my money to the government than all of it to the machinery dealer

+ most likely interest to banks

you only pay tax if it's due, lending organizations have to be paid in bad years as well as good

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

Am floating through Cavan. Plz send boat.

Had a herd test this morning, soaked through.. Now it's a grand afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Base price

As I get older my attitude is getting more resentful about paying taxes and I don't give a bollox if it is not PC.
    Example - a few weeks ago OH and I had to visit our GP as we both had a dose which resulted in a nasty chesty cough which wouldn't go away.
    In fairness the GP only charged us €50 (€25 each) but the antibiotics and steroids that we were prescribed came to just over €70.
    Last Friday evening (6pm ish) we dropped into the local hotel to get a bite to eat and were chatting to a few of the local "regulars" all of which are unemployed and wouldn't lift a scissors to cut their own nails :(
    I am sick and tired of working my ass off so lazy good for nothing feckers can have medical cards, rent allowance etc.
    Rant over.

Sort of on the same topic (ish!)
    The maternity box for my impending nephew arrived yesterday. It's such a good idea, pity it would probably be taken advantage of here. :(
    This is what's in it- The box it comes in can be used as a crib for the first few months.
    3T3Ynbkl.jpg?1

The box/crib & some of the things.
    http://i.imgur.com/iF1SuE7l.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/8VEAw2dl.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/FI2C29xl.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/CsGVhNol.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ugVIWqll.jpg

Thats in Finland is it? its a super idea

Thats in Finland is it? its a super idea

Yea, Finland. There's an option to take the monetary value instead but most people take the box for their firstborn at least.

• Advertisement

Yeah I've seen it online before. I like the use of the box as a crib. The baby doest give a damn about fancy cribs

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

Base price wrote: »
    As I get older my attitude is getting more resentful about paying taxes and I don't give a bollox if it is not PC.
    Example - a few weeks ago OH and I had to visit our GP as we both had a dose which resulted in a nasty chesty cough which wouldn't go away.
    In fairness the GP only charged us €50 (€25 each) but the antibiotics and steroids that we were prescribed came to just over €70.
    Last Friday evening (6pm ish) we dropped into the local hotel to get a bite to eat and were chatting to a few of the local "regulars" all of which are unemployed and wouldn't lift a scissors to cut their own nails :(
    I am sick and tired of working my ass off so lazy good for nothing feckers can have medical cards, rent allowance etc.
    Rant over.

Was waiting to collect kids off bus in local village other evening @4.45. Was parked opposite pub, seen 2 lads wobbling out door. Then one of them went back into the door way of pub and p###ed all over the floor.
    Disgusting.
    Another fella came down Street with his trousers around his knees. I was only there 5 minutes..

Was waiting to collect kids off bus in local village other evening @4.45. Was parked opposite pub, seen 2 lads wobbling out door. Then one of them went back into the door way of pub and p###ed all over the floor.
    Disgusting.
    Another fella came down Street with his trousers around his knees. I was only there 5 minutes..
    I have seen simular episodes but not in daylight hours.
    This Country has gone to the dogs since the boom went bust.
    Hard working, tax paying citizens particularly those in rural areas are living in fear day and night. To be honest I'm one of them.
    IMO there are far too many fit and able bodied people sucking the Social Welfare system and getting away with it.
    Pisses me off big time :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

There's a pub not too far from me and apparently you can go in there any day and it will be full of guys and gals, all drawing welfare. The only time they leave the pub is to go to either the bookies or chipper nearby. Crazy when you think about it.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Rash eh? What did you do wrong? :p Calpol should cure everything. It used to for me anyway! Ah they're still roaring but it's quietened down a good bit, thank feck. Off to Ballyconnell for the van retest in the morning so I guess I better get a few hours kip!!

Just so you know I'm blaming you for killing the hard drive and keyboard of my laptop, spent the whole day hitting my head off the table trying to rescue 'stuff' before goes back to be fixed:D:pac: . Have herselfs tablet now, such a hateful curse they are.

There's a pub not too far from me and apparently you can go in there any day and it will be full of guys and gals, all drawing welfare. The only time they leave the pub is to go to either the bookies or chipper nearby. Crazy when you think about it.
    I don't have to think about it. During the summer I asked a relative 26 yo guy (2nd cousin on my Mam's side) if he would be interested on going on the books for 2 to 3 days a week for a couple of months doing general farm work - cleaning sheds, tiding the yard, spraying weeds about the yard/lane with the knapsack, fixing fences, gates, a bit of painting, usual stuff etc.
    He said NO and didn't even bother to ask me how much per hour he would be getting. The worst part is that his grandparents were hard working people who reared and educated 6 children on 30 odd acres of marginal Cavan land.

Some of the local pubs in Longford/Cavan take your bet over the counter, record it in a book and then phone the bet into the bookie as there are no bookmaker nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Sure you wouldn't know who's right or wrong sometimes

Just so you know I'm blaming you for killing the hard drive and keyboard of my laptop, spent the whole day hitting my head off the table trying to rescue 'stuff' before goes back to be fixed:D:pac: . Have herselfs tablet now, such a hateful curse they are.

I've been accused of worse! Hate tablets too, have one but not a clue where it is right now, it's somewhere in the house :pac:

(stuff= bold stuff, we all know that :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Was she sending you questionable links again tut tut kovu

• Advertisement

I've been accused of worse! Hate tablets too, have one but not a clue where it is right now, it's somewhere in the house :pac:

(stuff= bold stuff, we all know that :) )
    ganmo wrote: »
    Was she sending you questionable linkds again tut tut kovu

That's 'nothing' according to a certain adult website I thought:rolleyes:, I'd be far too innocent for such things. Unless you really do find accounts and diaries etc naughty :pac:.
    To clarify was updating drivers and meant to close all tabs but left open a tab to reply as above which left laptop running and seemingly this somehow caused the disc to crap itself as was meant to restart or else we've fairies/elves in the house

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement