Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Was getting drum of oil and filter for tractor in machinery place earlier. Lad behind counter ask if I sure I wanted filter. Seemed someone earlier not want filter as they only change filter every second time. Does anyone else do this? Think it false economics as a filter is not very dear and why would you want to keep the crap in the engine. :confused:
    Is it not a bit like washing your feet and putting back on your dirty socks.

Depends on filter. Engine filter maybe a few times a year but hydraulic backend filter only needs to be changed every 2 years all going well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Well lah dee dah Daisy , changing your socks with every wash !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Bullocks wrote: »

bet she washes every week too!

Little bug bear of mine farmers markets with no farmers in it

http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/what-does-natural-or-traditional-mean-on-food-labels-new-guidelines-issued-by-fsai/

A step in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Bullocks wrote: »

Socks?? What l wouldn't give for a pair of socks dirty or clean... !! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,360 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Muckit wrote: »
    Socks?? What l wouldn't give for a pair of socks dirty or clean... !! :D
    or even matching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

ganmo wrote: »
    bet she washes every week too!

Works for Irish Water no doubt, staff discount !

Stand out in the rain with a bottle of quix like the rest of us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Well lads was reading the agriland website and just a little confused is all, is there a grant of 60% on a new slurry tank or am I wrong? Just gave a quick look and there's a load of boxes yes/ no etc. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

simx wrote: »
    Well lads was reading the agriland website and just a little confused is all, is there a grant of 60% on a new slurry tank or am I wrong? Thanks

No the 60% goes on top of the price of everything that you get quoted for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I said wrote: »

All the prices gonna start to rise now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

I said wrote: »

So I get quoted 14k for new tank
    60% of 14k is 8400- that's what the an eligible grant is worth? Yes?

14k ex or inc vat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Yes but it will be added to 14000 if ya get my drift prices will only rise with the grant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Applied for the GLAS scheme there today. Did any of ye consider applying?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

davidk1394 wrote: »

I'd say a lot did , my planner hasn't time to deal with anything else until after the deadline anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭orm0nd

considered it ok and discussed with my planner, decided not to join,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Was getting drum of oil and filter for tractor in machinery place earlier. Lad behind counter ask if I sure I wanted filter. Seemed someone earlier not want filter as they only change filter every second time. Does anyone else do this? Think it false economics as a filter is not very dear and why would you want to keep the crap in the engine. :confused:

You'd have to wonder at some lads, and wonder even more at the dealer telling ya, think he'd be doing his best to sell ya the filter aswell, he may only be getting a few euro for each one but it's still something like...

But definitly would be changing the filter along with the oil, if it's doing its job, even with a clean engine, dirt will be building up in it and slowly blocking it up reducing oil flow... Might be minute amount but it's still something...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

orm0nd wrote: »
    considered it ok and discussed with my planner, decided not to join,

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Loads of sac land so money for nothing for us. Have zero to do for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Going straight from AEOS into it later on this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Im on offaly border, beside edenderry. Do ye travel that far? If so what price per 20 tonne load of clause 804. Ill be paying cash dont need a vat invoice 

He said they don't go that far because he would have to add on too much money for diesel and you'd get it cheaper nearer there. Sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

Loads of sac land. Have load of backbreaking and time consuming work that will improve farm practice and benefit the rich biodiversity of the Burren, for a few quid that will be all spent in the local economy .

Fixed that for you LC.

Sent off BPS and BGS today, Glas plan uploaded tomorrow by planner. Fu#k all chance of getting in as I'm tier 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭ihatewinter

I'm got into GLAS. I went with the commonage and low input permanent pasture measures. Well to me, it's a bit of financial help to what I'm already doing. I won't have to make changes or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

What's the longest people here have had cows carry over? I've a LM/SH cow that is at 298 days to ch FGG today and there's nearly more sign of me calving than her. Seen the calf kicking in her so there's definitely one in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

Had a black white cow carry a lim bull for 306 days years ago, wasn't a bother on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Fixed that for you LC.

Sent off BPS and BGS today, Glas plan uploaded tomorrow by planner. [EMAIL="Fu@k"]Fu@k[/EMAIL] all chance of getting in as I'm tier 3.

I actually have a load of backbreaking time consuming work to do for the burren life, glas is just a paper exercise though! That's a balls being in tier 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Kovu wrote: »
    What's the longest people here have had cows carry over? I've a LM/SH cow that is at 298 days to ch FGG today and there's nearly more sign of me calving than her. Seen the calf kicking in her so there's definitely one in there.

Any progress?
    Or did a friendly, obliging, neighbouring bull/rig do the job on the repeat? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭davidk1394

We went for the bird cover and low in put pasture. Only tough job is this coppicing of hedgerows

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Kovu wrote: »

Careful now:P

Any sign of her springing? I think I'll scan everything a month after the bulls go away from cows this autumn, it will take a lot of the guesswork out of it.

With the lim and ch breeding you would get a longer gestation anyway, and a bull calf would go a few days more as well.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement