Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Do you drive it? What county out of interest

Hehe I drove it forward about 10 metres once and screamed.. so nope I don't drive it! I'll drive the dump truck or loading shovel no problem though! Offaly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Someone needs to figure out why our cows tend to get sick to calve when Dad is going away for the evening :pac: This yoke is heavy in calf as well, was finding it hard to get up after lying the last week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

KatW4 wrote: »
    Hehe I drove it forward about 10 metres once and screamed.. so nope I don't drive it! I'll drive the dump truck or loading shovel no problem though! Offaly!

Im on offaly border, beside edenderry. Do ye travel that far? If so what price per 20 tonne load of clause 804. Ill be paying cash dont need a vat invoice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

davidk1394 wrote: »
    the first zwartable ewes we have lambed this year crossed them with a blue texel ram. There a famous mother and plenty of milk and the lambs are thriving on the good grass

What's a blue texel ram like on ewe lambs ? I'm trying to make up my mind on what to get for my ewe lambs later this year that will leave good mothers

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Would you get €110 live weight for him. We've zwartble rams there some lads to grow and put on weight

Any lambs for sale ?

• Advertisement

Im on offaly border, beside edenderry. Do ye travel that far? If so what price per 20 tonne load of clause 804. Ill be paying cash dont need a vat invoice 

I'll ask himself when he gets back! I don't know how much anything costs ha. I'm sure they travel that far, I'll check :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,360 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Kovu wrote: »
    Someone needs to figure out why our cows tend to get sick to calve when Dad is going away for the evening :pac: This yoke is heavy in calf as well, was finding it hard to get up after lying the last week or so.
    always the way here too, anything strange normally happens when i am here on my own

whelan2 wrote: »
    always the way here too, anything strange normally happens when i am here on my own

Noticed her licking at her leg in the calving pen, assumed it was the dried dirt tugging her skin so started pulling them off her. Noticed my hand go warm all of a sudden, big abscess under one of them and I got covered in pus that smelled like satans asshole after an Indian. Bleuuuuugh.

just heard a woman up the road was in bed yesterday afternoon-she works nights- and 3 lads broke in to her house:eek: she locked the door of her bedroom and they tried to get in to her wtf, what would ya do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Noticed her licking at her leg in the calving pen, assumed it was the dried dirt tugging her skin so started pulling them off her. Noticed my hand go warm all of a sudden, big abscess under one of them and I got covered in pus that smelled like satans asshole after an Indian. Bleuuuuugh.

Not nice :(:(

• Advertisement

bottle it and sell it on donedeal as some fancy fragrance :)

Cleaned it out anyway, never seen that before. Wonder how that happened, was there in a while as it's left a good hole about the size of a €2 coin, shallow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

Cleaned it out anyway, never seen that before. Wonder how that happened, was there in a while as it's left a good hole about the size of a €2 coin, shallow though.

It might be no harm to squirt in some salt/water solution to kill off any infection in there.

tanko wrote: »
    It might be no harm to squirt in some salt/water solution to kill off any infection in there.

Iodine and silver spray. Was in the calving pen anyway :p

Iodine and silver spray. Was in the calving pen anyway :p
    silver spray should never be used on an infected wound..... hydrogen peroxide to wash it out

silver spray should never be used on an infected wound..... hydrogen peroxide to wash it out

Ah she'll be grand. More than likely licked off about 5 mins after it went on!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

just heard a woman up the road was in bed yesterday afternoon-she works nights- and 3 lads broke in to her house:eek: she locked the door of her bedroom and they tried to get in to her wtf, what would ya do.

I wouldn't waste time locking the door. In the meantime I'd have the rifle loaded, the shotgun loaded and probably a bow or two ready.
    Then I'd wait........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

I wouldn't waste time locking the door. In the meantime I'd have the rifle loaded, the shotgun loaded and probably a bow or two ready.
    Then I'd wait........

And the last one in the ceiling!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I'd cock the rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

With all the gun safe regs. etc., mightn't have time to get the gun out.

However, we do keep a Rounders bat in a handy location............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Bullocks wrote: »
    I'm sure he had 5 lined up the last night but I could be wrong

Yeah you were right bullocks he had 5 trucks lined up on the show

whelan2 wrote:
    just heard a woman up the road was in bed yesterday afternoon-she works nights- and 3 lads broke in to her house she locked the door of her bedroom and they tried to get in to her wtf, what would ya do.

This is happening down here too. Definitely need some sort of weapon next to you just in case. Sad that it's come to that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Bullocks wrote: »
    What's a blue texel ram like on ewe lambs ? I'm trying to make up my mind on what to get for my ewe lambs later this year that will leave good mothers

Blue texels would be a quiet breed good confirmation didn't kill any yet . We taught the 2 rams weren't working at all but they were all in lamb when scanning them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭davidk1394

ellewood wrote: »
    Any lambs for sale ?

Not for another 3-4 weeks id say. Maybe the odd single lamb in the mean time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

You've a way with words, Kovu:D

Having a really rough day here and needed the laugh.

Now, how do i get tea off my keyboard:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ameila

found out there what the shock in the fence is like at 4 bars on the tester , i think 5 bars would kill man or beast

Tried 5 bars yesterday put a bit of a pep in my step.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Better than any cup of coffee to wake you up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Muckit wrote: »
    Better than any cup of coffee to wake you up! :D

Wonder should I hook one up the the alarm clock

ganmo wrote: »
    Wonder should I hook one up the the alarm clock
    would be great for getting the kids out of bed:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Was getting drum of oil and filter for tractor in machinery place earlier. Lad behind counter ask if I sure I wanted filter. Seemed someone earlier not want filter as they only change filter every second time. Does anyone else do this? Think it false economics as a filter is not very dear and why would you want to keep the crap in the engine. :confused:
    Is it not a bit like washing your feet and putting back on your dirty socks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement