Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

mayota wrote: »
    Interesting to try a few pans under a quarry's washed sand plant, for stuff that falls thru, there must be gold somewhere in this country.

There was a good bit years and years ago. Not much now, at least not much worth mining. Top gold mines are running at about %7 profit not very much atall. There is allot more money mining other natural minerals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

If sum one wanted to hypothetically move/relocate a pine marten how would one do it? hypothetically of corse.

What hypotheticall trap/bait would be best to use for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

In a hypothetical situation like this it's best to use PM's. Just in case people didn't realise that this situation was only being spoken about in a hypothetical sense.

(Check your PM's in about two mins)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

If sum one wanted to hypothetically move/relocate a pine marten how would one do it? hypothetically of corse.

What hypotheticall trap/bait would be best to use for this?

No legal way, that I'm aware of. Protected Species.
    If you're having a problem I'd be inclined to talk to the local NPWS Ranger.

What's the old Marten up to?

(PM me if you don't want to talk out loud about it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭C0N0R

There is gold in clontibret co monaghan, just waiting till it's economic to mine it I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

mayota wrote: »
    Interesting to try a few pans under a quarry's washed sand plant, for stuff that falls thru, there must be gold somewhere in this country.

Monaghan and Cavan aparrently both have some. There's a company getting ready to extract it in Monaghan.
    There were samples taken round all border counties I think. They sampled a small river/stream on our land, results are online somewhere, I'll search it out and stick up a link if I find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Bullocks wrote:
    I know that's why I was wondering would a normal quarry in a temperat climate give the same return on investment

Nope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

KatW4 wrote: »
    Nope :(

The poor mouth !

Bullocks wrote:
    The poor mouth !

What now?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

What now?

Don't listen to him kat. He's only contrary cos he had to look at big brother last night :)

• Advertisement

Bullocks wrote: »
    The poor mouth !

I thought you were saying there was no money in quarries . The lads with quarries around here are doing pretty well !

Reggie. wrote:
    Don't listen to him kat. He's only contrary cos he had to look at big brother last night 

Oh I see!

Bullocks wrote:
    I thought you were saying there was no money in quarries . The lads with quarries around here are doing pretty well !

Lucky them, no one is building around here so we have nothing going.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,360 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

found out there what the shock in the fence is like at 4 bars on the tester , i think 5 bars would kill man or beast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

HAHAHA Don't be soft!!

Lucky them, no one is building around here so we have nothing going.

Roads and windmills here are keeping them going . 3 different quarries here and three new jeeps in them

• Registered Users Posts: 29,360 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Bullocks wrote: »
    Roads and windmills here are keeping them going . 3 different quarries here and three new jeeps in them
    they might have new jeeps but they mightnt be paid for

Bullocks wrote:

Wonder if they can send some business our way :p

whelan2 wrote: »
    they might have new jeeps but they mightnt be paid for

I can't speak for 2 of them but the other lad has no never never man calling !

Wonder if they can send some business our way :p

You never know !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I see Derek Davis has died suddenly - RIP. He was only on the radio last Sunday talking about his weight loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

whelan2 wrote: »
    found out there what the shock in the fence is like at 4 bars on the tester , i think 5 bars would kill man or beast

And it did. :(

Bullocks wrote:
    You never know !

Funnily enough, I'm now in the lorry bringing loads to people!

The economy has turned !

Bullocks wrote:
    The economy has turned !

It only took a few hours :O goodbye recession haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

I have a 40kg black zwartble x dorset ram lamb and I'm wondering when will I sell him,and what sort of prices would lambs like that be making?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Do you drive it? What county out of interest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭davidk1394

IH784man wrote: »
    I have a 40kg black zwartble x dorset ram lamb and I'm wondering when will I sell him,and what sort of prices would lambs like that be making?

Would you get €110 live weight for him. We've zwartble rams there some lads to grow and put on weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Would you get €110 live weight for him. We've zwartble rams there some lads to grow and put on weight

They are someone said to me the factory's didn't like them because they were fattier than the rest,the zwartble ewes great for milk though.If I got him upto 45 or 50 would I be better of or worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭davidk1394

IH784man wrote: »
    They are someone said to me the factory's didn't like them because they were fattier than the rest,the zwartble ewes great for milk though.If I got him upto 45 or 50 would I be better of or worse.
    the first zwartable ewes we have lambed this year crossed them with a blue texel ram. There a famous mother and plenty of milk and the lambs are thriving on the good grass

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement