Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Jayus tis yourself

Were you on tinder with genghis ,

The wesht's awake, snap chat is where it's at.
    Waved at genghis last week got no response maybe he didn't see me behind the big 99 I was devouring .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭davidk1394

What breed of ewe is that David?

Thats a blue texel out of one of the zwartable ewes. Her first lamb

• Registered Users Posts: 29,360 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Jayus tis yourself

Were you on tinder with genghis ,
    didnt recognise you on it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

td5man wrote: »
    The wesht's awake, snap chat is where it's at.
    Waved at genghis last week got no response maybe he didn't see me behind the big 99 I was devouring .

I'm often in a world of my own. Sharp as a sausage. Shur I even thought today was sunday earlier on.
    I suppose it was north Meath somewhere I met you?

I'm often in a world of my own. Sharp as a sausage. Shur I even thought today was sunday earlier on.
    I suppose it was north Meath somewhere I met you?

Yep sitting outside the local shop with a 99 in hand. You had company that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,360 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I heard a car going by with a bad exhaust. Was thinking the yobbos are in town and then he introduced himself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

Bit of cabin fever setting in, back is not good, and car was in ICU for a couple of days, not much getting done!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

td5man wrote: »
    Reverse psychology.
    F****r drove through the yard and out to where I was in the field, couldn't be seen from the road. Got rid of him fairly lively.

Sorry about that boss there's no reverse in the jeep so I had to turn somewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Bit of cabin fever setting in, back is not good, and car was in ICU for a couple of days, not much getting done!

Yea it's hateful, knowing there is work out there and not fit to do it.
    Hope the motor isn't too bad.

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Sorry about that boss there's no reverse in the jeep so I had to turn somewhere :)

Oh I could have directed to a perfect place to turn. ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Coming home from spreadin a few bags of fert. More smoke than normal comin from the engine so I pull in to have a look...feckin flames!!

No water around or anyone...phone out of battery......luckily enough once the the engine was turned off the flames died down
    Opened up the bonnet one crispy birds nest with 2 roasted eggs. Feckin tractor hasn't been parked up more than a few days!

ganmo wrote: »
    Coming home from spreadin a few bags of fert. More smoke than normal comin from the engine so I pull in to have a look...feckin flames!!

No water around or anyone...phone out of battery......luckily enough once the the engine was turned off the flames died down
    Opened up the bonnet one crispy birds nest with 2 roasted eggs. Feckin tractor hasn't been parked up more than a few days!

Close call..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

ganmo wrote: »

Dinner sorted anyway........... But too close for comfort!

_Brian wrote: »
    Yea it's hateful, knowing there is work out there and not fit to do it.
    Hope the motor isn't too bad.

Isn't it just, lambs to dose, stuff to move, sheep to move.

Car is back in action, first cheque comes in this door will see it turn into a van I reckon.

Isn't it just, lambs to dose, stuff to move, sheep to move.

Car is back in action, first cheque comes in this door will see it turn into a van I reckon.

Hard to beat something with a flat floor out the back, easy to get stuff out.. I've an Xtrail and its a gift, just a good height for getting stuff in/out of and nice upright position for driving whigh helps the back.. Good down the fields too..

Hard to beat something with a flat floor out the back, easy to get stuff out.. I've an Xtrail and its a gift, just a good height for getting stuff in/out of and nice upright position for driving whigh helps the back.. Good down the fields too..

A van like a hiace or something similar would suit me better tbh, for doing things like towing sheep trailer, collecting a ton of ration and that sort of work. Mechanic keeps saying crewcab jeep but I'd reckon myself could be a money pit. I find I am in no mans land with the car, or a smaller van. If you drive into a field around here, you've crashed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

A van like a hiace or something similar would suit me better tbh, for doing things like towing sheep trailer, collecting a ton of ration and that sort of work. Mechanic keeps saying crewcab jeep but I'd reckon myself could be a money pit. I find I am in no mans land with the car, or a smaller van. If you drive into a field around here, you've crashed :D
    Isn't there 4x4 in the vw transporter

Farrell wrote: »

Rare enough and expensive, ESB use them a bit so you see the odd ex about.
    Regular transporter are great van but expensive. Took a 151 for a spin and it was real nice. Worked in a place that had a 2.5 150 chipped up, was something to drive, but heavy on fuel.

Farrell wrote: »

I don't need 4x4, will only be driving on roads.

I don't need 4x4, will only be driving on roads.

Understandable, I don't need 4x4 really, I wanted it for towing the caravan, and needed something upright seated for back.

After pulling caravan for a while I reckon I can do without the 4x4. Have done it with the car and it was fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Understandable, I don't need 4x4 really, I wanted it for towing the caravan, and needed something upright seated for back.

After pulling caravan for a while I reckon I can do without the 4x4. Have done it with the car and it was fine.

The father has an X trail aswell . Nice to drive , good in bad ground and good to pull while still being a tidy size

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭the_blue_oval

is there any xtrails with a low range gearbox in them? would have made a great car out of them if they did. loads of power and very comfortable to drive no matter what sort of a road you are driving on. well able to pull but taking off on hills with a load behind you was fairly rough on the clutch...

is there any xtrails with a low range gearbox in them? would have made a great car out of them if they did. loads of power and very comfortable to drive no matter what sort of a road you are driving on. well able to pull but taking off on hills with a load behind you was fairly rough on the clutch...

No, no low box,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Con, the cousin bought a diesel Caddy last week.( Quick replacement for a Pajero that blew it's engine. )1000 euro. With a new NCT Delighted with it so far. Half the diesel consumption as the jeep.l

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Con, the cousin bought a diesel Caddy last week.( Quick replacement for a Pajero that blew it's engine. )1000 euro. With a new NCT Delighted with it so far. Half the diesel consumption as the jeep.l

Was that an old style caddy, god they are unbreakable, and awfully slow.

Small van as bad as the car to be IMO

Yeah, old style based on the polo. Non turbo.

Yeah, old style based on the polo. Non turbo.

They're like cockroaches. Nothing will wipe them out.

Watched a good horror there and a few beers, have to wait till herself is out for that sort if viewing.

• Advertisement

Used to like Zombie films, 28 days, that sort of stuff.
    Gone right off it since

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement