Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

washing and drying machines in bathroom?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

Quick question related to washer and a dryer, do people generally have them on the same circuit or have them on individual circuits?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Quick question related to washer and a dryer, do people generally have them on the same circuit or have them on individual circuits?

I can't think of any reason to put them on separate circuits. They would generally always be on the same circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

aido79 wrote: »
    I can't think of any reason to put them on separate circuits. They would generally always be on the same circuit.

Thought so, just wanted to be sure, cheers

Would they need separate above counter isolators or will one do when plugged into the same double socket

Thought so, just wanted to be sure, cheers

Would they need separate above counter isolators or will one do when plugged into the same double socket

It would be like putting a kettle and a toaster on different circuits. You could do it but there's no need.

There's no need for separate isolators either. The purpose of the isolator is to ensure the machines can be safely removed without unplugging them as there is no way to access the plug. Being metal there is a chance that they could become live so this reduces the risk of a person getting a shock from the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭meercat

There's no need for separate isolators either. .

Every appliance shall be provided with a separate isolating switch ..........
    The device shall be installed within 2mts .........

• Advertisement

I’d put them on separate circuits

meercat wrote: »
    Every appliance shall be provided with a separate isolating switch ..........
    The device shall be installed within 2mts .........

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. Is that a new thing?

My oven and dishwasher are on the same isolator so I presumed it was alright to have more than one appliance on a single isolator.

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. Is that a new thing?

My oven and dishwasher are on the same isolator so I presumed it was alright to have more than one appliance on a single isolator.

That’s from the 4th edition which have been out a fair while. The new 5th edition are out but I don’t have them to hand just yet.

Your oven and dishwasher shouldn’t be on the same circuit never mind being on the same isolator

That’s from the 4th edition which have been out a fair while. The new 5th edition are out but I don’t have them to hand just yet.

Your oven and dishwasher shouldn’t be on the same circuit never mind being on the same isolator

What's wrong with putting an oven and a dishwasher on the same circuit?
    They're rarely used at the same time.

What's wrong with putting an oven and a dishwasher on the same circuit?
    They're rarely used at the same time.

The oven is most likely on a 32amp circuit and not rcd protected
    The dishwasher should be on a 20amp circuit and be rcd protected

• Advertisement

The oven is most likely on a 32amp circuit and not rcd protected
    The dishwasher should be on a 20amp circuit and be rcd protected

The hob is on a 32 amp circuit. The oven is plugged into a 10 amp socket(as most ovens are these days) so is on a 20 amp circuit which is rcd protected.

Advertisement