Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Kay's Car Share

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Wow, tonights episode is terrible. This smurf character made me turn it off. Ruined it.

I am one that cheated and watched all 4 episodes at once, don't worry the next 2 are so much better.

I hated that 2nd episode, Elsie was funny for about a minute then got so annoying. By far the worst show of either series. Stick with it, the next 2 are back to form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Disagree with the above. I found Smurfette hilarious, reminded me of my auntie.

Your Auntie Smoking??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

I'd say episodes 3&4 are as good as series 1. Episode 2 was a failed experiment.

Episode 1 was slightly hampered by her being on the bus at the start - but given the ending last series that was inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭space2ground1

My stupid DVR box didnt record S2 episode 2. Is there anywhere I can watch it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

YooToob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭squonk

Argh!!! That wasn't the ending I wanted!! :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

*insert Alan Rickman upending a table gif*

• Registered Users Posts: 32,270 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

*insert Alan Rickman upending a table gif*
    Definitely didn't want that ending!! They have got to bring it back even for a one of special!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Nice video here showing most of the 'blink and you miss them' visual jokes and adverts in Car Share Series 2

There is a full list of them in the video description (in Youtube)

• Advertisement

As some people predicted, there will be a final two episodes of Car Share in 2018 (one improvised and one scripted). They were filmed at the same time as the last series, they could have shown them then

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2017/11/17/38457/surprise%21_peter_kays_car_share_to_return
    Peter Kay's Car Share is to return next year.

He and co-star Sian Gibson have unexpectedly revealed that a 'season finale' was recorded at the same time as the second series.

Before the special episode, BBC One will air a standalone special, unconnected to the main storyline, in which Kay and Gibson improvised a half-hour show without a script.

https://twitter.com/BBCCiN/status/931615349480591360

Final two Car Share Episodes Coming Soon

Monday May 7th - the unscripted stand alone epsiode, then repeats of Series 2 on Mondays night until the final concluding episode on May 28th

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a855130/peter-kay-car-share-2018-air-date-bbc-one/

So the unscripted one is in character but not part of the overall story? Bit odd to put it on before the finale.

Unscripted episode was alright. Funny in parts, not so great in other places. Did laugh at the Halaldi shop in the background :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Unscripted episode was alright. Funny in parts, not so great in other places. Did laugh at the Halaldi shop in the background :D

Poor show....did you notice the skip lorry."Pies of Wigan" and the complimentary moustache sign on the tree.....trying to remember the barbers at the end...MONSTER CLITS......:D.......??.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Not to mention the bus with "Vengabus" as the destination on the front..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Finale tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Finale tonight.

another new one or a repeat?

Seve OB wrote: »
    another new one or a repeat?
    No, it's new. It's the final episode filmed and announced late last year.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    No, it's new. It's the final episode filmed and announced late last year.

ok, i thought the finale was when she jumped out and got herself a cab instead

was there more since then? i did see the unscrpited one a few weeks back, but was there any others?

Seve OB wrote: »
    ok, i thought the finale was when she jumped out and got herself a cab instead
    It was meant to be the finale.. but I've a feeling the outcry from people about that ending led Kay to do another one (airing tonight) in which they'll presumably get together.

It was meant to be the finale.. but I've a feeling the outcry from people about that ending led Kay to do another one (airing tonight) in which they'll presumably get together.

I don't know, from what he was saying for awhile this finale was always planned, they just chose to air it later on. Genius move if true as the anticipation and build up is most likely going to see it be huge.

i guess the unscripted one was meant to be set somewhere in bewteen the others
    but i thought i remembers seeing that even in the others, there was always an element of ad libbing, a general plot alright, but a lot of making it up as they went. .... then again, maybe im thinging of something else

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

Finale tonight.

If this is too short notice for anyone, it gets a repeat on Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭griffin100

Predictable but still funny in parts, especially the last 5 minutes.

They went overboard on the funny signs / billboards in this episode. Every couple of minutes there's one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,504 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Very good.
    Heart warming funny.

I smiled a lot throughout this whole thing, it varied in quality at times but probably one of the most heartwarming and naturally funny shows on TV. Nice way to wrap it up too.

This show works best when they are both in the car listening to the radio, and there wasn't much of that in this one.

I know they claimed this was the last ever but the plot seemed unfinished and the wedding invites seems to leave the door ajar for another episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,504 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Skid X wrote: »
    This show works best when they are both in the car listening to the radio, and there wasn't much of that in this one.

I know they claimed this was the last ever but the plot seemed unfinished and the wedding invites seems to leave the door ajar for another episode.

I hope so, I'm missing them already.:)

Advertisement