Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Kay's Car Share

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,821 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Second series commissioned.
    Can't find any news article indicating this - got a link Harry?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Peter Kay makes it very natural looking. One thing I hate in American shows is that the characters seem to have a full conversation without having to look at the road.

Or when their hands are wiggling the steering wheel the whole time Like they're avoiding potholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

I assumed he was robbing Robert LLewellyn's car pool idea, which was a pity as I had therefore missed the first 4 episodes. It's one of those constant-amusement comedies which doesnt need a lot of LOLs.

I have the highest respect for shows that can pull off two-handed dialogue in a confined space for a whole show.

Red Dwarf-Marooned
    Bottom-Hole (the Ferris wheel) spring to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Second series commissioned.
    Basq wrote: »
    Can't find any news article indicating this - got a link Harry?

Ha! No, I was going on a comment elsewhere :o Hey they'd be daft not to make it, the media talk of 'discussions ongoing'. I certainly think a Christmas special is nailed on.

Ha! No, I was going on a comment elsewhere :o Hey they'd be daft not to make it, the media talk of 'discussions ongoing'. I certainly think a Christmas special is nailed on.

They have to do a Christmas special so we can find out if Kayleigh made it onto John's Christmas team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Second series commissioning was mentioned on the shows Facebook page last week. I definitely read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

I think they should release a soundtrack, loved all the music they played.
    Love Love this show.......Watching it for a second time and realised I missed loads of little small things.

megapixel wrote: »
    I think they should release a soundtrack, loved all the music they played.
    Love Love this show.......Watching it for a second time and realised I missed loads of little small things.

They had play lists on the BBC website, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

They had play lists on the BBC website, I think.

Wikipedia lists the songs played in each episode in the episode guide too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Only semi related but kind of along the same tracks but there's a new series of Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars getting Coffee starting this week if anyone's interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

JapSi! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The songs are a special level of non ironic cheese, not a patch on Alan Partridge. :)

Peter Kay looks like Drew Carey pre-weightloss in Kayleigh's dream part in the final episode

Peter Kay said on Alan Carr last night that he doesn't know if it's coming back yet, but a no-brainer for The Beeb surely.

Basq wrote: »
    Peter Kay said on Alan Carr last night that he doesn't know if it's coming back yet, but a no-brainer for The Beeb surely.

He was like someone on drugs last night. High as a kite!

It'll be criminal if they don't do a second season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

My bets are a Christmas special dealing with Peter Kays Christmas crew that he selected instore.

Edit: just saw it was already posted.
    Sorry for the duplicate theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I see Car Share Series 1 is getting a repeat starting this Friday at 9.30pm on BBC One (and continuing the following Friday).

2nd series confirmed and sadly no Christmas special due to it being dark in Winter (also why we'll probably have to wait until next Winter for the second series)

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a777063/peter-kay-confirms-car-share-will-be-back-for-series-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

thanks for the heads up a while ago that it was being repeated. it is the only 'laugh out loud' show in recent years. wonderful and very much looking forward to season 2. will they.... won't they? etc! :)

• Advertisement

snoopy12 wrote: »
    thanks for the heads up a while ago that it was being repeated. it is the only 'laugh out loud' show in recent years. wonderful and very much looking forward to season 2. will they.... won't they? etc! :)

If they "do", that kills the show. Dead as stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I don't think so, it opens up so many other avenues. Nothing much would actually change anyway as the show was built up around random conversations in the car, not purely on will they/won't they fall in love.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

My brother gave me a gift of the DVD recently. I wasn't sure of what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. I love the series, Kay and Gibson have a wonderful chemistry and there are so many laugh out loud moments. The music is really great (Thanks Skid for posting the playlist). Forever FM even use a jingle that my local radio station Clare FM have used in the past :eek: I can't wait for series two.

We will get a second series of Car Share, but it will only be 4 episodes and it won't air until 2017. Bit disappointing.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-06-01/peter-kays-car-share-will-be-back-for-a-second-series

Filming on the second series had to wait until this summer, because the show needed to be shot in brighter weather. Set to air in 2017, it will be slightly shorter – four episodes instead of six.
    As with series one, the second batch will premiere on BBC iPlayer in its entirety before broadcast.

Apparently there will be a tiny new bit of Car Share on Christmas Eve, a new sketch will be broadcast as part of Peter Kay's Comedy Shuffle (10.05pm, BBC One). The rest of the show is old clips from other Peter Kay shows.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-12-09/peter-kays-car-share-could-be-back-this-christmas
    “Peter has been trying to keep it a secret but there will be a Car Share clip of around three minutes," a source told The Mirror.

I've seen bits and pieces of Comedy Shuffle in the past and there's definitely bits of Car Share in there that weren't aired in the first series... whether they're simply deleted scenes or what, I'm unsure. But this just could be more of the same.

Back in April for the second season..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,705 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

2nd series starts next Tuesday 9pm on BBC1.

• Advertisement

Apparently there's only 4 episodes this series and then that's it over forever :(

Advertisement