Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Kay's Car Share

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

fryup wrote: »
    well in fairness if it was called just car share no one would give it a second notice

but with peter kays name associated with it you know its comical

John Cleese's Fawlty Towers.

Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Not having the writer's name tagged on did those programmes no harm whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

padd b1975 wrote: »

His first major show was 'That Peter Kay Thing', its something hes done since early in his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Also when those shows you mentioned were first aired most people probably had a choice of a handful of channels with no online access, nowadays people are inundated with programmes to watch so they needed it to grab people's attention Id imagine.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The titles on the actual show just say Car Share. It may be a BBC thing to ensure people know it's a comedy rather than a Peter Kay ego thing. Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

padd b1975 wrote: »

yes but "car share" on its own might be mistaken for some kind of boring fly on the wall type documentary about workmates driving to work everyday...and these days people flick through the channels willy nilly but add on peter kays name to it and they might say.. hang on this might be a laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

yes but "car share" on its own might be mistaken for some kind of boring fly on the wall type documentary about workmates driving to work everyday...and these days people flick through the channels willy nilly but add on peter kays name to it and they might say.. hang on this might be a laugh

I'd have assumed it was something like that godawful tv3 programme from a few years back. "Driving me Crazy" was its apt title.

Really enjoyed the Peter Kay series. Thought it improved as it went on, hope it comes back for another run.

^^^^^^^^^^

its not over yet another two episodes to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Did anyone catch what that handmade poster said on the side of the road in the last episode? I think it was fairly rude.

Did anyone catch what that handmade poster said on the side of the road in the last episode? I think it was fairly rude.

Check out Post 15 :D

We should start a drinking game. Whenever we see one of those signs, a shot of Vodka.

Cheers! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

quality comedy. wednesday nights must be the best for comedy between, this and newzoids on itv.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

snoopy12 wrote: »
    quality comedy. wednesday nights must be the best for comedy between, this and newzoids on itv.

I see the final episode is on Friday at 9.30pm.

The scheduling has been all over the place, it's almost as if they want to direct traffic to the BBC Iplayer instead.

Great show though. It's been a while since there was a decent Sit Com on BBC One, they must be delighted with the response to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Yer wan Kayleigh is a fine thing!

Tonight's episode was great. Him falling over was hilarious and then she bought him a Creme Egg instead of Pain Killers. None of that should be funny and yet it is.

they're going to end up together aren't they ;)

Someone who works on the show confirmed my suspicions on Twitter last night that the back window is always dirty for continuity. You can see out the back window in 3 of the 5 main shots they use from inside the car. Far too difficult to cut it together if you could actually see what's out there.

Great chemistry between Peter Kay and Sian Gibson.The out takes must be hilarious,hope they put them on the DVD release!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

My favourite series since The Trip. Loved the last episode watching it with a stupid grin on my face.

Is there going to be another series? I suppose that could be the end but I don't want it to be :(
    macpac26 wrote: »
    My favourite series since The Trip. Loved the last episode watching it with a stupid grin on my face.

I too had a stupid grin on my face the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Very gentle comedy, very well observed.
    Sian Gibson is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I loved it, and the numbers were terrific for the BBC
    Car Share, which concludes its run on Friday night, has proved to be a belter for BBC1 with consolidated figures showing 6.85 million people watched its opening episode on television, while another 2.5 million viewed it on BBC iPlayer.

That makes it the most-watched episode of a new sitcom since 2011 and compares favourably even with BBC1’s other sitcom giants such as Mrs Brown’s Boys, which began with fewer than 3 million viewers when it first aired on BBC1 in 2011.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/may/22/car-share-becomes-highest-rated-sitcom-to-premiere-on-any-channel?CMP=share_btn_tw

The last scene with the lyrics to Hear'say was terrific. There has to be more of this show, hopefully they will be able to keep it at the same standard.

Did anyone spot the shop next door to the cafe was called B & S Carolgees? Nice throwback to the Services there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Why is the rear window of the car always dirty?

Even after they came out of the car wash it was filthy. Dirt must be on the inside!

Great series. Just did a blitz on the 6 of them there.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

here's your answer.....
    Someone who works on the show confirmed my suspicions on Twitter last night that the back window is always dirty for continuity. You can see out the back window in 3 of the 5 main shots they use from inside the car. Far too difficult to cut it together if you could actually see what's out there.

i wonder does he actually drive the car?? or is it on some kind of trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

here's your answer.....

i wonder does he actually drive the car?? or is it on some kind of trailer

The link below is an interesting read re filming and post production. Came across it after seeing a snap in the Guardian with the inside of the car where it showed the camera set up which piqued my interest! http://m.broadcastnow.co.uk/5088588.article

I would doubt then that they were really driving with all that get up around the front window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

I would doubt then that they were really driving with all that get up around the front window.

lower down in the article, it mentions the engine noise "which was not running" sound effects added in later in post production.

tampopo wrote: »
    lower down in the article, it mentions the engine noise "which was not running" sound effects added in later in post production.

Ha! Sorry, I skimmed through it and must have missed that bit. He does excellent "looking in the mirror" acting then.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Peter Kay makes it very natural looking. One thing I hate in American shows is that the characters seem to have a full conversation without having to look at the road.

• Advertisement

Second series commissioned.

Advertisement