Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

"Straight Up for Equality".

It's the equivalent of "I'm right on and I support them, but Good God don't think I'm one of them".

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

Maybe they just want people to know that they are a heterosexual proudly supporting the rights of homosexuals, I don't see the problem.

You seem almost aggrieved that people want to vote yes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

"Straight Up for Equality".

It's the equivalent of "I'm right on and I support them, but Good God don't think I'm one of them".

I think some on the No side have claimed that only LGBT are interested in this referendum being passed.

The above gives the lie to this.

crybaby wrote: »
    Maybe they just want people to know that they are a heterosexual proudly supporting the rights of homosexuals, I don't see the problem.

But why feel the need to state your own sexuality at all?

I haven't made up my mind, much less feel aggrieved. This is a thread solely about Facebook.

I have never seen anyone post "I hate racism, but I'm not black or anything" or "I'm perfectly able bodied, but I still want rights for those with disabilities".

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I haven't made up my mind,

I just dug this, its mine.

XfKilPk.jpg

I have never seen anyone post "I hate racism, but I'm not black or anything" or "I'm perfectly able bodied, but I still want rights for those with disabilities".

Are there many people declaring their racism on facebook or in public or their dislike for disabled people or how they need to be kept out of things that are for white or able bodied people? No, cos that would be wrong , wouldnt it? We're at a stage now where its fully accepted that racism is wrong. Maybe we'll get there for others too.

But by all means if you feel that the causes of lack or disabled people need to be forwarded, start a facebook campaign. Dont get pissy when racists start giving out about you on here though......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

But why feel the need to state your own sexuality at all?

I haven't made up my mind, much less feel aggrieved. This is a thread solely about Facebook.

Are there referenda about black rights or disability rights?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Pherekydes wrote: »

No but there are threads for the Same Sex Referendum elsewhere... I come here to laugh at dumb FB posts not to learn or take part in a debate :pac:

Pherekydes wrote: »

My facebook friends have opinions even when it's not referendum time. Crazy bunch.

And yes, I have seen contributions and comments about racism, disability etc.

I just dug this, its mine.

XfKilPk.jpg

Are there many people declaring their racism on facebook or in public or their dislike for disabled people or how they need to be kept out of things that are for white or able bodied people? No, cos that would be wrong , wouldnt it? We're at a stage now where its fully accepted that racism is wrong. Maybe we'll get there for others too.

But by all means if you feel that the causes of lack or disabled people need to be forwarded, start a facebook campaign. Dont get pissy when racists start giving out about you on here though......

The point you came back to make doesn't really make sense.

I didn't know racists were giving out about me...although you are...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Any chance of like, you know more statuses and less bickering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"Funny how certain people are nice to your face but bitch about cha behind your back. if you have something to say to me say it and dont be a wuss. Dont bitch bout me to my girls* (*at this point I thought she meant her daughters, but then I realised she meant her friends). people always have opinnions on me and my life but ya know in the words of beyonce biatches be hatin #livingmylifeandignoringthehaterstalktomyfaceandnotbehindmybackok??"

Under this was the reply:

"Hope your ok hun"

I laughed like a drain.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jaysus that was the Longest hashtag ever!! Haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

fussyonion wrote: »

"Hope your ok hun"

I laughed like a drain.

Reply with the Marylin Monroe quote to her, please..just for our amusement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

A girl I know just posted a photo via instagram declaring it's her birthday.

A girl I know just posted a photo via instagram declaring it's her birthday.

Snap, with the caption Happy Birthday to me... haha...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭No_Comply

"Funny how certain people are nice to your face but bitch about cha behind your back. if you have something to say to me say it and dont be a wuss. Dont bitch bout me to my girls* (*at this point I thought she meant her daughters, but then I realised she meant her friends). people always have opinnions on me and my life but ya know in the words of beyonce biatches be hatin #livingmylifeandignoringthehaterstalktomyfaceandnotbehindmybackok??"

"Hope your ok hun"

I laughed like a drain.

She's doing everything BUT ignoring 'the haters'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

"Hope your ok hun"

I laughed like a drain.

"in the words of Beyoncé"?! Seriously, who lives by what she has to say?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

eternal wrote: »
    "The Foole doth thinke he is wise, but the wiseman knowes himselfe to be a Foole"

I always did like Shakespeare.

Socrates got there first:
    "True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us."

"To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge."

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Socrates got there first:
    "True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us."

"To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge."

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

“To be is to do”—Socrates.
    “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre.
    “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

“To be is to do”—Socrates.
    “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre.
    “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.

Scooby dooby doo where are you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

ratmouse wrote: »
    "in the words of Beyoncé"?! Seriously, who lives by what she has to say?!

Kanye :D

Says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

''i lve my huzband too peace's''

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

Lucyfur wrote: »

I have my husband's toupee???

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

tampopo wrote: »
    I have my husband's toupee???

No.

''I love my husband to pieces''

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lucyfur wrote: »

I bet he would love some peace too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

"Hope your ok hun"

I laughed like a drain.

#butshe'sbitchingbehindtheirbacksandnotsayingittotheirfacessoshe'sabloodyhypocritetelpis :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

Just deleted a lot of people who have "reported that they are safe" after the earthquake in Nepal.

what the **** is wrong with people?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

spud82 wrote: »
    Just deleted a lot of people who have "reported that they are safe" after the earthquake in Nepal.

Huh?? Ya how dare they let their families and friends know they're okay!
    ??

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

anna080 wrote: »
    Huh?? Ya how dare they let their families and friends know they're okay!
    ??

Am they are all in Ireland, not in Nepal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

spud82 wrote: »

A few of my friends doing it too, wtf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement