Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭thomil

Apparently, there's also an upscale in equipment on the Friday & Saturday flights. They'll be operated by A32x aircraft rather than the regular E190s, and judging by the flight numbers, these larger aircraft will operate the Friday & Saturday flights for the entirety of the summer schedule. To be honest, I'd prefer if they went year-round, but it's still not bad.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

A good strong summer for that route and it could change things for winter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Yes, very good. I would like it year round. Although that said, Air France / KLM and their partnership make this tempting, there is still the case that CDG can be far less user friendly than AMS.

Though CDGs lounges are much much better.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Have Air France amended/cancelled some of their flight times from Cork this Summer? The 10:50am Cork to CDG flight is no longer bookable for Saturday 3rd and 4th of August. I'm almost 100% certain that there was a flight at this time as I've been keeping an eye on the prices for the Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Per your link though it's supposed to run on Sunday's, which is the flight I had been looking to book. It's no longer available to book, I wonder why.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

It's showing for the Friday and Monday. Only reason I can think of for not showing Sunday is that it's sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Unlikely, it would massively rise in price before selling out.

Yeah it's hardly sold out 5 months in advance surely. Might have to use the Beauvais flight then so if the CDG one doesn't reappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭deeperlearning

August 4th is bang in the middle of the Olympics. A travel agent, or even a supporters' group, probably booked the Cork-Paris CDG seats en masse.

• Advertisement

I know it is, but all the others are still available so thought it a bit unusual. But maybe there really was that much demand for this specific flight.

Great to hear soundings of new winter routes hope they come to pass. But I wish they would drop the whole getting Dublin flight back. Just improve the public transport options for starters.

Actually the return of turkey even sun charter would be popular. Wasn't fond of it when I holidayed there 12 years ago but know people who love it and go on multiply return holidays there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Istanbul would be a great option once Turkish Airlines have direct flights to Australia.

And not just for onward to Australia. Would be great potential esp with changing demographics in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Istanbul is a fabulous city to visit! I'd love to go back!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Maybe in the future, at the moment it's pretty one way travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭scrotist

Are all the Gran Canary flights out of Cork at feckin 8pm?

And you land at midnight? Or 1am for the Tenerife flight. Probably don't get into bed until 2 or 3am.

What the feck? Do Cork people take those flights or do ye go from Dublin? Seems like a massive dose. Or am I over reacting?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Correct, they've changed a lot of these to Tenerife based planes and up to last month, were looking for ridiculous prices. there's also the possibility of going out at 11am but coming home at 6am which is equally as bad.

I read somewhere that Ryanair are cancelling a Fri lanzarote flight due to aircraft shortages.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭TheBetsy

Aer Lingus will have a 6.40 am flight on Monday and Fridays from June 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I was looking to book a few days away this week, obviously the choice was poor as usual but so many of the return flights are like 4/5am, it just totally takes the enjoyment out of a trip having to go to the airport at 2am.

I think flights from Cork are already more expensive than Dublin but I'd pay around €200 to avoid Dublin. Surely this is taken into account when Ryanair are adding flights in Cork, they can get more fare from Cork

• Advertisement

Noone wants to fly from the regionals eh. Here's hoping the momentum continues. Must be an increase of 100k for 1st quarter of the year

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2024/0404/1441634-dublin-and-cork-airport-passenger-numbers/

Great to see, shaping up to be a very busy year. Could do with some diversification from Ryanair though at this stage I feel and a few more hub/capital city airports would be great for options.

Iberia to Madrid, and TAP to Lisbon spring to mind as routes which have potential.

Lufthansa Group schedules could also be greatly improved. Zurich schedule is particularly bad this year, only once weekly for most of the season and ending in mid/early September. This route was 4x weekly before covid. LH could add Munich also, Aer Lingus ran that route successfully for many years (and still does for Jan - March as a ski route).

Agree would like to see it over dependant on ryanair. They ones you mentioned are good options. Would like to see maybe emerald running Glasgow too. As I said let the positive news for the airport continue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

It still baffles me why Aer Lingus don't do Munich December - March, rather than just January. You'd fill planes with Christmas Market traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Was only saying at home that I'd love to go to Christmas markets in Germany but there's a serious lack of flights from Cork and absolutely despise going to Dublin airport.

The lack of German city options (especially in winter) is one of the main glaring gaps in the Cork schedule.

Probably won't see any German routes I'd say unless Lufthansa want to expand Frankfurt to year round or add Munich. Ryanair aren't really adding much in Germany at the moment, and Aer Lingus have no real interest in expanding Cork.

Noticed some sweeping cuts from Ryanair for many routes for the month of October, whatever that is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Can Aer Lingus come back and compete with Ryanair on the Alicante route…PLEASE!

The prices to Alicante this of year is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Acosta

Aer lingus have no interest in Cork. I expect nothing at all from them except more frequency on existing resort type holiday destinations. There's no point getting wound up by them. More routes from other airlines besides Ryanair is what we need.

I would love to know why Ryanair have never had a flight to the biggest country in Europe out of Cork? when they have had plenty of routes to most other countries in central Europe over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Ryanair had Cork-Berlin for a while, before they moved them to Shannon, and then Kerry and then removed them completely. Each time they moved airport they had a big argument with the associated Irish airport about charges/costs. It's very disappointing but it looks like they perhaps just couldn't make it work out financially.

Munich is more disappointing to me: Cork-Munich used to be very frequent with Aer Lingus, perhaps even daily at one point. It's now down to weekly over three months of the year.

Lufthansa flights to Frankfurt are very expensive, I really hope they stick with it. Hard for me to justify the cost at the current prices.

Edit: I think there was another German flight, maybe Hamburg? No sign of it any more. Cork passengers are not connecting to Germany enough by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Love to see EasyJet have another go at the market here, think they tried 20 years ago but didn't last long.

Advertisement