Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Give it time. They always announce regionals later. Much to my annoyance I'll admit. Must check when they announced last yr

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Banbha32

Hopefully will get it soon but Ryanair have had public spats with Boeing about constant delays in new deliveries the last few months. Spring delivery was delayed and possibly early summer now too (probably why even our winter schedule was announced very late, like 6 weeks before official winter timeline start date and same with shannon it was across the board). Which could mean we get our summer schedule pushed back till they know, or we get a basic schedule for now and maybe drip fed anything extra next year. Theres defo appetite for growth from them here too when they speak to newspapers etc. But i dont think they will base an extra aircraft here to fill new routes till they get a good chunk more. But there is an untapped market here for sure to lots of places so i think we will get new things in 2024.

Aer Lingus have kinda given up on Cork and not sure who else would step in besides extra Ryanair. That being said Easyjet did buy slots at Dublin first time ever this winter but didnt seem to use them in the end. Maybe they'll eventually re-enter Cork too if that goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭TheBetsy

Current timings in Ryanairs schedule suggest a 4th based aircraft in Cork from 1st June. (+1 on 2023)

A reputable poster on the Aer Lingus thread mentioned Cork will be a 3 a/c base for Aer Lingus in S24. (+1 on 2023) .

I think all is not lost, just announcement happening later than in years gone by. If the above do come to pass i expect there will be new routes next year. Even last year Ryanair did not load their new routes for 2023 (Seville, East Mids, La Rochelle) until a couple of weeks before Xmas. EIs timing was similar last year.

If the 2 extra aircrafts come to pass that would be great for the airport. It will come down to delivery of aircrafts of the airlines though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Aerlingus had 3 planes in winter 22 but only 2 in summer 23?

Yes, and 3 again this winter although not very heavily utilised.

The 2 during the summer were definitely heavily utilised and with Malaga and some Faro flights operated by Dublin based aircraft on a W pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

The lack of a Berlin flight, ever I think, from Cork is a headscratcher. Oodles of RA and AL flights there daily from Dublin. As a one off summer city destination it would be a shoe in to be successful. Personally think it could sustain a year round route

For me Berlin, Madrid and even Lisbon would be the missing ones for Cork. Berlin is a lovely city. Plus it would have the added pull of 2nd/3rd trips

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

Ryanair to start flights to Zadar from next June.

hopefully this is the first of several new routes

• Advertisement

Great news. A route that was originally due to commence in May 2020 if I'm not mistaken.

That's a lovely alternative to Dubrovnik

• Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Some more new routes listed as well as Zadar:

Brussels (yay!)..... Charleoi (boo!).

Rhodes.

Venice Marco Polo is back.

Pisa (is that new?).

Can see Rhodes being very popular.....but at 4hr40 it's a long time caged up on board!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DylanQuestion

Pisa isn’t new, no. Great news about the rest!!!

Rhodes would be popular with the leaving certs 🤣. Where did you see the list

• Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

They're all on the app, available to book now. Zadar not on the website though for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 whispering1

• Registered Users Posts: 49 whispering1

Zadar is up on app now as is Marco Polo

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Very happy about Brussels. Brussels and Bruge are on the to-do list so might be one for next year 🙂

Looks like Brussels starts off as twice a week moving to 3 times a week from june

• Advertisement

Good times too. From March 31 to June:

Arrive there at 6:40pm on Wednesday, leave at 4:55pm Sunday

From June to October 25:

Arrive there at 9am on Friday, leave on Sunday at 6pm. Wednesday is the same

The Aer Lingus booking engine has CDG from ORK, and says the timetable hasn't been released yet. Is that new?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭snotboogie

It stopped operating during covid and never came back aside from a handful of Rugby World Cup flights, so would be a new route for 2024.

Could see it making a return alright for summer esp with Olympics etc. They are meant to be keeping the 3rd aircraft I'm Cork next summer

Aerlingus never removed CDG from booking engine. Anytime I’ve checked it over last few years it has given the message that the timetable is not released. I’d say it is incredibly unlikely that they will restart it (esp because AF have daily flights during summer to CDG and Ryanair are doing Beauvais now)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Delighted about Zadar :) Love the place! Really is gorgeous to walk around

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Great announcements altogether.

Brussels is a great one to have - it was an absolute pain to get to from Cork before - ok its Charleroi but still good. Could go one way with Ryanair, then back from Amsterdam after getting the train up maybe.

Rhodes will make a killing, I'll be going there I would think towards the end of the season when its quietened a bit, its been on my list.

Zadar also a good spot.

If Aerlingus are to start a new route with their third aircraft, my prediction would be Lisbon and perhaps Düsseldorf. They operated both in the past for summer months and Lisbon was quite successful

Decent enough flight times too. Flights Friday and Monday from 3rd of June to last week of september

• Advertisement

East Midlands route appears to have been cut. And it wasn’t running for that long in the first place

Advertisement