Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

ooter wrote: »
    Does anyone know what date it was in June last year that they opened up the application process for GFA?
    It says on their site mid June and I've been checking every day this month but still nothing.

Same here :)

Also, what do you need at registration time by way of proof of residence or does that come into play later?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Also, what do you need at registration time by way of proof of residence or does that come into play later?

Are you not coming to Boston with the rest of the Berlin '14 crew? :)

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Are you not coming to Boston with the rest of the Berlin '14 crew? :)

Ha! No, going to try my luck with London. Although if that doesn't work out I might be seeing you there yet :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They have not specified anything in particular previously. But things like UK driving license would cover all angles (address and proof of age). For those that may not be in possession of a UK driving license then a scan of your gas/ water/ electric bill would do the job.

Using a scan of your Irish passport for the proof of age will be fine and won't raise any queries.

And erm, for those not in possession of a gas/ water/ electric bill??... :rolleyes:

Anyone know what may have worked for other eager non-UK residents in the past?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

And erm, for those not in possession of a gas/ water/ electric bill??... :rolleyes:

Anyone know what may have worked for other eager non-UK residents in the past?

You'll need to get a copy of the bill from your "housemate" then.

The GFA is only open to UK residents. How you prove that you are a UK resident we dare not say as there are eyes everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

You need to scan your proof of residence and age and send them in with your application. To prove your time, you normally put in the URL of the marathon you did and a link to the results.

Best get them all ready in the meantime.

Good For Age applications can now be submitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭ooter

Seen that earlier, deadline is July 9th so plenty of time to apply.
    Does anyone know if a council tax bill will do for proof of residency?

Seen that earlier, deadline is July 9th so plenty of time to apply.
    Does anyone know if a council tax bill will do for proof of residency?

I am sure that will be fine, I have seen a lot less convincing proof being accepted ;)

• Advertisement

Early days yet I know, but has anyone heard anything back yet re. their GFA application?

Early days yet I know, but has anyone heard anything back yet re. their GFA application?

I had an email back from them the following day (23rd) confirming that my time was acceptable. That email then contained a link to complete the payment.

Cool. I only filled out the application today, was only wondering if I'd have to wait it out until the deadline to hear back or if they rattle through as they come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Q7

Filled mine out on the 23rd as well. still waiting back. Can take upto 15 working days according to the reply. GFA time was from this years London marathon. Fingers crossed the email arrives later this week.

Lads you won't get rejected as it's guaranteed entry. Check you spam folder in case it goes there. If you haven't heard back by the deadline give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭RubyK

menoscemo wrote: »
    Lads you won't get rejected as it's guaranteed entry. Check you spam folder in case it goes there. If you haven't heard back by the deadline give them a call.

I'm really hoping they won't be too strict about what type of bill they accept. I don't have a utility bill (eletric/water etc), I sent them a copy of an invoice, from an online purchase.

Fingers crossed.

Just checked my junk folder just in case and nothing there.

Woo hoo :-) place for next year confirmed :)

Congrats ruby.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

RubyK wrote: »
    Woo hoo :-) place for next year confirmed :)

Well jell! Fingers crossed for the lotto. Really really want in

• Advertisement

Just got the email, I'm in. :)

That's a nice email to get on a miserable Monday!

Only £39 to enter, for a marathon major, I thought they'd made an error when that price came up, absolute bargain.

Only £39 to enter, for a marathon major, I thought they'd made an error when that price came up, absolute bargain.

IMO the best value for money race out there with what you get for that £39.

Well apart from parkrun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Has the draw for the plebs taken place yet..

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Has the draw for the plebs taken place yet..

Not until October usually.

Nice one ooter. Can I ask - how long was it between you registering and you getting the email? It's been a week for me. I know it can take up to 2, but I'm getting nervous / impatient :)

Nice one ooter. Can I ask - how long was it between you registering and you getting the email? It's been a week for me. I know it can take up to 2, but I'm getting nervous / impatient :)

I registered on June 23rd and got the email yesterday so 13 days.

I was looking at hotels last night, the prices of some of them are :eek:

I was looking at hotels last night, the prices of some of them are :eek:

Might be worth checking out airbnb. I used it for the Paris marathon in the past (among other times), worked out great. Might have to check back closer to May though. Could always book a hotel with free cancellation too just in case though to be covered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Anyone else waiting to hear about GFA entry? Applied on 26th of June - 15 working days will be up this week.

Advertisement