Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Animella

Still waiting in hope ...!

Woden wrote: »
    I'm in! 3rd time lucky. Dont' feel so bad about skipping Dublin this year now! I guess the 20 milers will need to come back
    Lucky you, congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭unirunner2

tang1 wrote: »
    Yeah just got the rejection via email. Like being rejected by a good looking lady!!!

at least that good looking lady took time to contact you..i am still waiting. she must not like me :(

Hard luck, next time

I've spent the last 30 mins looking at pictures of people's Bee or Spider-man magazines! Imagine the suspense of opening the envelope!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyBingo

Animella wrote: »
    I've spent the last 30 mins looking at pictures of people's Bee or Spider-man magazines! Imagine the suspense of opening the envelope!
    So are bees good or bad??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Bees good, spiders bad.

Bees are good and all the recipients are naturally buzzing!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

No Bee or Spider for me as yet, No email either so fingers and toes are still crossed.

Ok , I need to step away! Every time one of you replies I get a notification which makes me check my emails - again!

Sure we could be waiting till next Tuesday .

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Outside

Computer says: Nooooooooooo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Outside wrote: »
    Computer says: Nooooooooooo!

There's always Rotterdam.......

the longer i wait the more i suspect it will be a no!!!

Least productive afternoon in work for a long time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Rega

Just got my rejection via email.

Balls to that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Bob_the_dog

Nothing yet, I'll go with no news is good news!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

......and the second rejection is in. Didn't want to do it again anyway - Sh1te atmosphere - rubbish race ��

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

We regret that we have to advise you that your application to run in the 2016 Virgin Money London Marathon has not been successful due to massive over-subscription.

Ah well. I'll throw my name in the ring again next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Waiting on the sorry but pay for a tour spot e-mail too.....
    I always seem to get into NY even when I don't care for it, London is a joke of a ballot, you'd think they would have kept the 5th attempt and you are in as at least people would get to do it someday.

Anyone else rejected don't waste money on a tour, go do the Barcelona marathon. It's a far nicer city than London, the people are very welcoming and the trip can be extended for a small holiday rather than the rat race of London either side of the race time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

I always seem to get into NY even when I don't care for it, London is a joke of a ballot, you'd think they would have kept the 5th attempt and you are in as at least people would get to do it someday.

Anyone else rejected don't waste money on a tour, go do the Barcelona marathon. It's a far nicer city than London, the people are very welcoming and the trip can be extended for a small holiday rather than the rat race of London either side of the race time.

How much is the tour?

Why enter the ballot if that's the way you feel about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Rega

Kissy Lips wrote: »
    How much is the tour?

Starts at €1,049

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

tang1 wrote: »
    Why enter the ballot if that's the way you feel about it?

Have done Barca and Conn already, Brighton fills up before I ever notice its open these days too.

London course would be nice to take in the once, seeing you can watch live and end up very familiar with it.

Reason I enter is that the plan would be in the Sat morning and out Sun night purely to enjoy the race and be home the same night. It's a convenient place for a race for the Irish.

Have done Barca and Conn already, Brighton fills up before I ever notice its open these days too.

London course would be nice to take in the once, seeing you can watch live and end up very familiar with it.

Reason I enter is that the plan would be in the Sat morning and out Sun night purely to enjoy the race and be home the same night. It's a convenient place for a race for the Irish.

Brighton is giving out extra places if you register your interest by certain date at the minute, probably ballot job to though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

Rega wrote: »
    Starts at €1,049

Faaaahggedaboutit

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

It's a no for me too :(

Negatorious they said. Ah well. There's always next year.

And a big fat no for me too. It arrived in via my junk mail email box ironically enough
    Next year

Haven't heard yet. Wonder if they send replies out alphabetically? Has anyone got a yes yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Just got my big fat no. Friday treat!

• Advertisement

LaHaine wrote: »
    Just got my big fat no. Friday treat!

Me too :-( Waah!

Going to do Amsterdam instead

Advertisement