Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭ooter

robinph wrote: »
    It has been online for the last couple of years, and you would just submit a scan of the required documents.

Great stuff,thanks.
    Do you know if it has to be a utility bill?
    I'm sure it's been asked before but I've looked and can't find it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

ooter wrote: »
    Great stuff,thanks.

I've used my driving license before, as I don't have utility bills in my name, but then my driving license has a UK address on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ooter wrote: »
    Great stuff,thanks.

I have used a car insurance renewal letter before, others have used account statements. A far as I can see anything official which shows you love there should be fine.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

No chance in hell of me running a 3:45 for GFA any time this decade, so UK ballot it is for me because I refuse to go down the charity route. Expecting my 6th rejection in a row :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

From what I can see on the website, there's no overseas ballot this year. Just travel agency overseas entry. I could be wrong.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭SummerSummit

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    From what I can see on the website, there's no overseas ballot this year. Just travel agency overseas entry. I could be wrong.......

Do you think a ParcelMotel address would work??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

RunRoryRun wrote: »

I think when you select ballot entry it gives you an option for uk or international. I could be wrong. Just going from memory of 2014 when I entered via uk ballot.
    Will find out tomorrow, one way or the the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

RedRunner wrote: »
    I think when you select ballot entry it gives you an option for uk or international. I could be wrong. Just going from memory of 2014 when I entered via uk ballot.
    Will find out tomorrow, one way or the the other.

Thought that would be the case, but can't see any mention of it. Applied through overseas ballot before and it was listed as same.

It's there. Entered through the UK ballot, expecting my 6th rejection.

Chanced my arm on the overseas ballot. You never know might get lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If the reference number they give you is actually a sequence starting from zero, then the ballot entry I just submitted means that they have already had over double the number of entries they would have allowed in the previous system for the ballot.

If the reference number they give you is actually a sequence starting from zero, then the ballot entry I just submitted means that they have already had over double the number of entries they would have allowed in the previous system for the ballot.

Don't know if the overseas and uk ballots use similar system but I applied almost as soon as it appeared on the page in the early hours and I got a high six digit number. ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

RedRunner wrote: »
    Chanced my arm on the overseas ballot. You never know might get lucky.

Done the same myself, not to hopeful, but sure worth a shot.

tang1 wrote: »
    Done the same myself, not to hopeful, but sure worth a shot.

If you're not in..you can't win! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Just out of curiosity... How difficult is it to join a UK related club?

Doesn't seem massively difficult.

http://www.serpentine.org.uk/pages/member_howjoin.html (Serpentine is ridiculously big, if you just need it for the club vest it's probably a good choice)

http://www.londonheathside.org.uk/forms.htm

https://webcollect.org.uk/highgate

The GFA times seem to be unchanged.
    https://www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/en-gb/how-to-enter/good-age-entry/
    Sadly that means I am out for next year. I'll chance my arm in the ballot anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Is it the age you are on race day? I'm 40 now & ran my time on Sunday but will be 41 by the time race day rolls around.

Bulmers74 wrote: »
    Is it the age you are on race day? I'm 40 now & ran my time on Sunday but will be 41 by the time race day rolls around.

I pretty sure that you will be able to benefit from the extra 5 minutes for the 41+ category. What time do you have?

I pretty sure that you will be able to benefit from the extra 5 minutes for the 41+ category. What time do you have?

Ran 3:08 in Limerick. If it's not age on race day I don't have a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

You'll be fine Bulmers - it is age on race day.

I am not sure actually. A clubmate got refused for 2014, while he had ran a q time for the 50+ group and was 50 on race day he was 49 when running it IIRC. They never said why he was refused but we suspect that. He got in this year btw

Boston specifically states that age applies on race day but London doesn't say either way. It's definitely worth clarifying with them though before putting all hopes in one race. I'd give them a ring

BTW was last year not 18-39 for the senior group and 40-49 for the next group?

menoscemo wrote: »
    Nope, they have always had the weird 41+ age category just to confuse people. I guess it's just a way of limiting the numbers slightly in who can manage to get the times.

This makes me very happy.

I am not sure actually. A clubmate got refused for 2014, while he had ran a q time for the 50+ group and was 50 on race day he was 49 when running it IIRC. They never said why he was refused but we suspect that. He got in this year btw

Boston specifically states that age applies on race day but London doesn't say either way. It's definitely worth clarifying with them though before putting all hopes in one race. I'd give them a ring

Rang them today & I was told it's age on race day - although I would prefer to see it written on the website like Boston.

Bulmers74 wrote: »
    Rang them today & I was told it's age on race day - although I would prefer to see it written on the website like Boston.

As in the day of London 2016?

If so; good to know!!

As in the day of London 2016?

If so; good to know!!

Yeah - your age on the day of London 2016 is what counts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

I got an email confirming my entry to the ballot. There were 247,069 entries received! They don't say how many places but it looks like a real lottery. Just have to wait til October....

Does anyone know what date it was in June last year that they opened up the application process for GFA?
    It says on their site mid June and I've been checking every day this month but still nothing. Does it stay open for a while or is it only for a certain period of time?
    Just want to make sure I don't miss it.

• Advertisement

Can't remember exactly without going through last years thread, but it will only be open for about a week. You'll then get a confirmation of your option for a place through a couple of weeks later and will then have to pay for the place by approximately the middle of July.

Advertisement