Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2015 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Ah ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Its like a line-up of the who's who of wanna-be hard men tramps in the GAA.

Which is extremely pointless as its actually a very good game of football

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

This is what makes Ulster interesting, the fights lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Great half of football, lots of niggly stuff off-the-ball but it does add to the overall intensity. In general, it has flowed pretty well. Some very cynical trips could have resulted in black cards rather than yellows.

Tyrone were doing really well but that's a very soft goal to concede just before half-time. Donegal were out of that game completely for so long, but now go in 2 points up. Tyrone have missed 3 frees too, can't be doing that against a top team.

Still, it should be an interesting 2nd half, Tyrone have been making inroads through the Donegal defence but their game has been based around huge work rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

It's nearly as bad as Barcelona vs Real Madrid for off the ball nonsense and general bullsh1t,

It might sound excessive, but I think they should bring in a rule that you are not allowed to speak to your opponent, with the punishment of a booking if you do. (With the obvious exception if the opposing is seriously injured and your trying to help him)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Dem durty nordrinners ! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Dont see why the Donegal management team went after the ref there at half time, he's been very lenient towards them.

Doing ok in whats probably a hard match to referee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Jaysus. Black cards galore coming up in the second half.

Paddy power got markets on this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I think Donegal may push on and win quite comfortably.They are getting their scores a lot easier than Tyrone and with the wind it looks to me to be worth at least a 5 point advantage.

Tyrone were far too negative earlier in the game and played right into Donegals hands.They really should have been playing direct football, it's pointless hand passing the ball endlessly when you have a strong wind behind you.

Decent enough game so far, hopefully Tyrone can push Donegal to the wire.

What was McCurry at with the simple free he missed.He hits one from 50 yards from the ground and just misses he then gets a free from 30 yards and decides to kick it from his hands for some reason.Very odd considering that from the ground is almost always the most consistent option for free taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Slattsy wrote: »
    Tripe football.

Eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

typical nordies looking for a scrap

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

The sledging is really poor, as is the off the ball hitting.

Murphy and Cavanagh being targeted in particular.

Some good football at times.

McHugh lucky to have escaped a black card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭threeball

Tyrone up to their auld tricks again

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Micky Hartes jacket looks like it came straight off the hanger.

Enjoying the game. Thought Gallagher escaped a black card for a trip maybe the guy bing tripped needs to have the ball to warrant a black card

Stoner wrote: »
    Micky Hartes jacket looks like it came straight off the hanger.

Enjoying the game. Thought Gallagher escaped a black card for a trip maybe the guy bing tripped needs to have the ball to warrant a black card

I actually thing McQuillan got that one right.
    It wasn't a deliberate foot trip IMO, but a late tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Pat going out of his way to praise Ulster football now.

Joe Brolly really irritates me.. Slouched down in his chair, interrupting everybody.. He really needs to learn a bit of respect..

Pat going out of his way to praise Ulster football now.

He's right. Its not free flowing football but it's enthralling and entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

DDC1990 wrote: »
    He's right. Its not free flowing football but it's enthralling and entertaining.

I agree, I think he's going out of his way to praise it seeing he has the 'anti-ulster' tag though.

I think Donegal may push on and win quite comfortably.They are getting their scores a lot easier than Tyrone and with the wind it looks to me to be worth at least a 5 point advantage.

Tyrone were far too negative earlier in the game and played right into Donegals hands.They really should have been playing direct football, it's pointless hand passing the ball endlessly when you have a strong wind behind you.

Decent enough game so far, hopefully Tyrone can push Donegal to the wire.

What was McCurry at with the simple free he missed.He hits one from 50 yards from the ground and just misses he then gets a free from 30 yards and decides to kick it from his hands for some reason.Very odd considering that from the ground is almost always the most consistent option for free taking.

Are you watching the same game as me. Donegal were awol large periods of the end of that first half.

I dont know about pushing on. They certainly would want to wake up and start playing and stop stepping into the lulls.

The wind will be be a huge factor as will be the cards. Its a good game though.

• Advertisement

This really bugs me.. How hard would it be for the referee to blow the whistle when the teams are due out on the pitch.. And then penalise them a point for every minute they are late back to the pitch...

Well done Mikey Harte, that's a real psychological coup right there..

Smart tactics by Tyrone. Take your man on and try to draw the free. With McQuillan reffing, it will work most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

It might sound excessive, but I think they should bring in a rule that you are not allowed to speak to your opponent, with the punishment of a booking if you do. (With the obvious exception if the opposing is seriously injured and your trying to help him)
    This really bugs me.. How hard would it be for the referee to blow the whistle when the teams are due out on the pitch.. And then penalise them a point for every minute they are late back to the pitch...

Well done Mikey Harte, that's a real psychological coup right there..

I'm glad you're not in charge of updating the rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Lovely point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

full time in carrick, galway 1-13 leitrim 0-8

poor game but battling leitrim performance. they had 3 good goal chances and didn't take any. leitrim kicked 10 wides to galways 4.

mayo will be hot favourites next month when they meet galway in salthill you would assume

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Hang on, didn't he stop play because of the collision. What was the Donegal free in for?

It's a shame the weather is so bad, as there are some absolutely gorgeous points being kicked.

Intensity had to slow down. Its a game of keep ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

James74 wrote: »
    Hang on, didn't he stop play because of the collision. What was the Donegal free in for?

Indirect free, Donegal were in possession

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Nice move by Donegal.

They'd want to give that camera another wipe down.

Advertisement