Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leona Maguire - LPGA Winner 2022/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Think it’s fair to say of Lisa wasn’t Leona’s identical twin sister the level of sponsorship and exposure would not be there. Either would the invites.

Hopefully it clicks for her in some event and she can turn things around but her later results as an amateur and early pro finishes are not encouraging.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Mod note: This is the Leona thread, not sure a discussion on her sister’s game belongs here. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Remind me wrote: »
    Think it’s fair to say of Lisa wasn’t Leona’s identical twin sister the level of sponsorship and exposure would not be there. Either would the invites.

Exactly - to be fair - it’s still a good marketing tool having the ‘Maguire sisters appearance’ etc

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭paulos53

The pair of them have invites again to this weeks European Tour event in Dubai. Limited field of just 56 players

Leona is currently in second place on -4 after 9. They are trialling a day-night tournament so she will be playing the final few holes under floodlights

Lisa finished on +3. Currently T44 but should move up a few spots by the end of the day

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Leona currently in a tie for the lead at -6 after 13 holes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Leona is finished her round and at the moment has a three shot lead.

Not so good today. +3 for the round and no birdies. Currently 5 off the lead

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

She's 4 off the lead going into the final round but still a great chance as it seems like a get able course. Her caddy might have cost himself a bonus though, lol
    Maguire is still in the hunt, despite her bogey at the 17th and double on hole seven. She said: “I didn’t give myself many chances today. On seven, I wanted to hit 7-wood, my caddie wanted me to hit an iron and I hit an iron in the water, which was quite annoying to finish with. I didn’t give myself enough chances and didn’t hole any putts, so no birdies today. I need to play a lot better tomorrow and hit my irons better to give myself some more chances.”

https://ladieseuropeantour.com/?p=59237

Lisa shot +4 to be +7 overall and in a tie for 49th

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

Currently joint shares the lead. -3 thru 8 holes

Leaderboard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

SEORG wrote: »
    Currently joint shares the lead. -3 thru 8 holes

Leaderboard

She finished tied 5th in the end. Still a good result!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Leona into a 4 way play off now on the symetra tour event in georgia

Their twitter page has some live coverage of the playoff

https://twitter.com/road2lpga

Looks to be from somebody's phone so it is fairly basic

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

After first play off hole 3 including Leona made birdie so playing 18 again now

Birdies for three players, including Leona. On to the second playoff hole.

That feed isn't too bad. Leona and 1 of the others with long eagle putts on the 2nd playoff hole.

Interesting that 1 of the players doesn't have a caddie. Not enough money at that level to justify the expense I suppose?

Birdies for all 3 on the 2nd playoff hole.

Leona seems to be the shortest off the tee which puts her at a disadvantage when they are using a reachable par 5 for the playoff hole

Eagle attempts all-round on the 3rd hole result in tap in birdies for each of them

A switch of hole for the 4th playoff hole. Pars for all 3 of them on the par 4 1st hole.

Back to the par 5 18th for the 5th playoff hole

• Advertisement

Beaten by an eagle on the 5th playoff hole

Pity seeing as she birdied the hole herself and the third player was eliminated. Still a great performance and another big step to her getting her LPGA tour card.

Going well again this week. In a 7 way tie at the top after her 2nd round

Still a number of players out on the course so that is likely to change

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

2 ahead now

1 shot lead for Leona now, playing the 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Stephanie Na just double bogeyed 15 so Leona has a 3 shot lead with 3 holes left!!!

Leona has a 4 SHOT LEAD playing the last on 9 under!!!!

Leona birdies the 18th to win by 5 shots. Looks like she'll definitely be playing on the main LPGA tour next season.

• Advertisement

Leona Maguire is the Symetra Classic Winner 2019 with a total of -10!!!

Advertisement