Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International cricket thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭MFPM

Decent start by India 35/0 off 4.

Kohli opening the batting lookibg like a good move right now. 52 after 5

Rohit in the mood here, great striking. This could be a big score to chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,936 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Going to be 210-220 or around... every over is going for 10 plus. That one 19.

Rachid is really a piss poor fielder. In term of ability and effort.

Suryakumar over taken his captain in just 13 balls.

• Advertisement

England bowling ... 6 of the last 14 deliveries were 4’s or 6’s

What a fûcking catch, Jesus !

That's great work by Jordan one handed catch on the run on the boundary to remove Surykamur.

Don’t think the English bowlers can be too pleased with that effort with the exception of Stokes... too many gimme deliveries banged in short of a length and on leg stump too.

224/2 big big score to chase. India big favourites but England have the batters to do it. Malan can't take 10 balls to get going, needs to start hitting as soon as he gets in.

• Advertisement

Good start for England notwithstanding the loss of Roy.

2 great overs from India that have probably swung things firmly in their favor... two and a half over since a four or six... need to find the fence.

Bairstow reaching for that.

Malan gone and that's likely to be the game for India...it is now Morgan gone for 1...18 an over needed.

Apart for that great effort by Malan and Buttler, the next highest partnership is 10.. won’t beat anybody with that level of performance..

India won comfortably in the end. England fell apart a bit. Both sides will be there or thereabouts come the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭Gillespy

India deserved winners. Wrong side of the toss in all but one of the five I think. Done it without Bumrah too. India finally picking the likes Kishan and SK Yadev will make them a lot more dangerous. Kohli and Rohit opening might be the way they go from here on too. Scary good team in there if they get it right.

Hard to know where England are. Batting never really fired. At their best they would have blitzed the powerplay today and made the rest of the chase comfortable. Wasting Bairstow not opening with him I think.

close, if Morgan or Sam Curran could have stuck around for 5 overs it would have been a different result I’m guessing...getting both out cheaply was the winning of that match, delicately poised heading into the decider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Gary Wilson has retired to take up a coaching role, as some may know, I was a huge critic of him, and what exactly will he bring to coaching, teach them to block for an hour and then get out? I'm amazed he played 292 games for Ireland. I thought he was a harmless player who had a few mates picking the team

Johnny Bairstow on the charge

• Advertisement

1st ODI today India 317/5...they laboured a bit in the middle overs to reach a decent target but England have blasted their way to 137/1 off just 16 overs. Provided they don't lose a cluster of wickets this will be a cakewalk...some batting by Bairstow.

MFPM wrote: »
    1st ODI today India 317/5...they laboured a bit in the middle overs to reach a decent target but England have blasted their way to 137/1 off just 16 overs. Provided they don't lose a cluster of wickets this will be a cakewalk...some batting by Bairstow.

They have lost a cluster of wickets, now 176/5

They have lost a cluster of wickets, now 176/5

Yep and scoring has slowed considerably. Rate is still under 6 an over so very doable but one more wicket and England might be in trouble.

This is turned into a disaster for England.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭dohboy

Eoin Morgan's in a poor run of form which is something I'm petty enough to be happy about lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Cracking test match in Antigua. Sri Lanka had a 100 run deficit after the first innings but are now 140odd ahead with 6 wickets in hand. Draw looks unlikely and the pitch is starting to do things.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

dohboy wrote: »
    Eoin Morgan's in a poor run of form which is something I'm petty enough to be happy about lol

I do wonder if he will be immune to being dropped from the 50 over team. 2 and half years until the World Cup and I reckon the higher ups at the ECB are not too keen on 2 different captains for red and white ball. There's been a lot of media gripes about how Morgan got hod team for the T20s and Root didn't for the Tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Haven't seen anything about the split captaincy being an issue. Isn't Buttler being primed to take over? Root will be test captain for a long time and I can't see him getting the other two. Especially the way they're going with workload managment and rotation.

Anyway I don't think Morgan's form is that big of a concern. Batted very well since the world cup. Not going to panic after a few low scores in this series.

Cracking test match in Antigua. Sri Lanka had a 100 run deficit after the first innings but are now 140odd ahead with 6 wickets in hand. Draw looks unlikely and the pitch is starting to do things.

The second wicket pair batted really well, and 153 is a big lead as it stands, but they will be looking for 275-300, and have really done well to turn it around. I watched it up to the tea break, they were 43 ahead with 9 wickets remaining, and had played patiently, from here it looks like Sri Lanka, but the new ball will be taken at the beginning of day 4, and West Indies could turn it around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭dohboy

West Indies look out of ideas now, and a bit gassed. Sri Lanka in the box seat.

Advertisement