Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International cricket thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

KP sharing my frustration with Morgan’s captaincy calling for catchers. Exasperated that he’s just letting things drift towards an Aussie win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭MFPM

That is some hit for 6 by Smith....They can't find the ball!!

40 from 39 needed, should be a doddle from here.

Wicket for Rachid , too little too late you’d think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Strumms wrote: »
    KP sharing my frustration with Morgan’s captaincy calling for catchers. Exasperated that he’s just letting things drift towards an Aussie win.

They were well in command anyway, England didn't make enough, and the tail started at 7, or 6 if you like Moeen Ali as much as I do.

• Advertisement

Yes England didn’t make enough so England needed to try to establish a foothold by going aggressively at Australia, dying with their boots on... die trying, don’t lie down for the opposition...NOW he gives Rachid a slip, field comes in, some pressure on the opposition and a wicket

Wicket for Rachid , too little too late you’d think.

Two now, rubbish by Maxwell.

That looked fast and it was, 91 mph.... Warner hardly saw that.

Archer bowled Warner...this is a bit like the England innings but in this case the mini collapse is probably too late.

4 down now, but only 34 away, Maxwell has always struck me as completely brainless, as a person and a cricketer. Lots of batting left, Carey is a clever player, so I think he will see it through.

• Advertisement

Following up the wicket ball with a wide. That will drive everyone batshît crazy.

Great bowling, Carey bowled by Wood.

4 down now, but only 34 away, Maxwell has always struck me as completely brainless, as a person and a cricketer. Lots of batting left, Carey is a clever player, so I think he will see it through.

Another prediction gone up in smoke, getting closer than expected, but pie chucker Curran has to bowl, and he donates 8 runs every over

Nasser and Warne laying into Morgan’s captaincy.

Nasser and Warne laying into Morgan’s captaincy.

Nasser would want to look in the mirror, ODI snail

Nasser would want to look in the mirror, ODI snail

True, different era, though. Doesn’t mean his opinions are irrelevant though, Morgan is driving me nuts too, he’s odd.

True, different era, though. Doesn’t mean his opinions are irrelevant though, Morgan is driving me nuts too, he’s odd.

He's usually good though, so I'm surprised. I'm watching the cpl all the time, watch that if you really want to see some strange cricket

Good run out by Jordan.

Fûck, out by an inch, huge, advantage England.

He's usually good though, so I'm surprised. I'm watching the cpl all the time, watch that if you really want to see some strange cricket

Is the CPL any good, I've seen it listed but haven't had the chance to watch?

• Advertisement

Brilliant from Curran, 85mph, didn’t know Curran had that in him. Followed by a short and wide gimme, hit for 6 WHY ? Stupid.

9 from 3...Australia will be kicking themselves.

MFPM wrote: »
    Is the CPL any good, I've seen it listed but haven't had the chance to watch?

Not really to be honest, horrendously low scoring, Trinidad winning all their matches, but a lot of that is due to a low standard, and brainless decesion making. There have been about 10 games where the batting side made between 90 and 110, and funny enough, last Sunday, Barbados who are on a miserable run, lost by 3 runs, chasing 93. Shai Hope looks to have forgotten how to bat.

7 from 2....how did that land safe?!

Curran seemed to stop, he could have caught that

5 from 1...4 super over..

Absolutely brilliant game. Ebbed and flowed...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

That was a capitulation from Australia.

Aussies really chucked that away after a 98 run opening stand, but I thought 162 was 20 short, so my opinion is more wrong than right.

• Advertisement

Good win by England, Australia threw it away but credit to the English bowlers. The match will bring Australia on and they'll be happy enough that they pushed England.

Advertisement