Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International cricket thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭MFPM

Not really to be honest, horrendously low scoring, Trinidad winning all their matches, but a lot of that is due to a low standard, and brainless decesion making. There have been about 10 games where the batting side made between 90 and 110, and funny enough, last Sunday, Barbados who are on a miserable run, lost by 3 runs, chasing 93. Shai Hope looks to have forgotten how to bat.

Doesn't sound great. Hard to know what's happened to Hope - he was terrible in the recent series.

Onwards to Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Tom Curran was born to bowl pressure overs like that. Jordan excellent again. Two fast men came back well too. Great pace.

Australia had a lot of luck and still lost. Almost chopped on half a dozen times and chances landing in no mans land. They rely so much on Warner and Finch.

Gillespy wrote: »
    Tom Curran was born to bowl pressure overs like that. Jordan excellent again. Two fast men came back well too. Great pace.

Australia had a lot of luck and still lost. Almost chopped on half a dozen times and chances landing in no mans land. They rely so much on Warner and Finch.

True but they've played no cricket for six months, England have played quite a bit and Stokes and perhaps Roy aside, it was full strength team. It's could be a great 20/50 over series.

It's off to a very good start. England should look at Buttler lower in the order I think. More shots for when the field is out facing spin and death bowling. More experience of finishing an innings. Banton could open and be every bit as destructive. Roy will come back anyway so I don't know why they have made a problem for themselves saying Buttler will open.

It's funny them saying England's problem is not taking early wickets while at the same time saying Willey's problem is he can only take wickets with the brand new ball. Against a team as overly reliant as Australia are on their openers, who cares if he doesn't bowl his four overs. CricViz have a stat on twitter showing Warner's weakness is left arm bowling, average halves compared to right arm. Sam Curran could do that role too.

• Advertisement

Gillespy wrote: »
    It's off to a very good start. England should look at Buttler lower in the order I think. More shots for when the field is out facing spin and death bowling. More experience of finishing an innings. Banton could open and be every bit as destructive. Roy will come back anyway so I don't know why they have made a problem for themselves saying Buttler will open.

It's funny them saying England's problem is not taking early wickets while at the same time saying Willey's problem is he can only take wickets with the brand new ball. Against a team as overly reliant as Australia are on their openers, who cares if he doesn't bowl his four overs. CricViz have a stat on twitter showing Warner's weakness is left arm bowling, average halves compared to right arm. Sam Curran could do that role too.

Hard not to feel sorry for Willey, think he deserves a squad place at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

England have been fined 20% for their slow over rates against Australia. I have to say it was an absolute disgrace how long it was taking to get through the last few overs. 7-8 minute overs. A chat and few field changes after every ball. I found it infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

What a start from Archer, wicket, almost a run out, beating the edge five times and bowling at 93 mph all in the first over.

It looked for a while that the Aussies wouldn't bat the 20 overs, a good response at the end to get them to a half decent score, it won't be enough though.

Barstow out hit wicket, not something you see every day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Pretty comfortable for England today. Butler fantastic.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Buttler was opener and finisher today. Early wickets left a manageable target. Malan good again and very important cameo by Ali. Australia needed something like that in the first game.

Decent performance with the ball so far by Australia in the 3rd T/20 - England are 98/4 off 14. No Morgan as expected for England, Buttler out too, Ali captain.

Australia have bowled well, in particular the spinners. Full, straight, slow with the batsmen given an odd fired in quicker one they need to be aware of, no width and room to free up their arms without moving their feet first. I’d say a total of 150 is realistic.

Great catch by Smith to dismiss Ali.

It looked like a good catch. Boot could only have been about one centimeter away from the rope. Surprisingly no technology like zoom to get a better look.

England 145/6...really good effort by Australia, England will have to bowl very well or Australia bat poorly to win.

Strumms wrote: »
    It looked like a good catch. Boot could only have been about one centimeter away from the rope. Surprisingly no technology like zoom to get a better look.

I thought they did have zoom feature, they've certainly used it previously, maybe not available at the ground?

MFPM wrote: »
    I thought they did have zoom feature, they've certainly used it previously, maybe not available at the ground?

Yep, just thinking the same.

That's putting it up to Archer...16 off the first over, the final ball goes for a huge 6!

• Advertisement

What a drop by Bairstow....I would have caught that!

Really poor and uncharacteristic drop from Bairstow. He made the ground, ok it was coming a little over his shoulder but he made the hard yards... got there, not stretching and let it through his hands, he’ll be disappointed.

Still couple of balls later the catch is taken.

Strumms wrote: »
    Really poor and uncharacteristic drop from Bairstow. He made the ground, ok it was coming a little over his shoulder but he made the hard yards... got there, not stretching and let it through his hands, he’ll be disappointed.

Still couple of balls later the catch is taken.

it was like he caught it and then dropped it!

MFPM wrote: »
    it was like he caught it and then dropped it!

He’s ticking now, a cold stare to the fielder for a wide throw when there was half a chance of a runout.

Wicket !

Maxwell fails again...

Jeez what a delivery, that’s unplayable almost.

Great ball by Rashid..Finch was holding the innings together.

Malan looks about two feet too close to Bairstow and in fact seems to have taken a step to his right now

Rashid again, Smith gone,...Great by England, but this is really poor by Australia.

• Advertisement

Nice 6 by Marsh, Australia needed that.

Advertisement