Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The all new, revised and easier quiz! (mod note posts 1 and 2042)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Bump. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

no questions I see so here I go again to rescue the thread..... A music question then for you die hard fans of the quiz, what nice rock track have I already mentioned in this question? and who was it by

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Rubecula wrote: »
    no questions I see so here I go again to rescue the thread..... A music question then for you die hard fans of the quiz, what nice rock track have I already mentioned in this question? and who was it by
    :D ?

Deja Boo wrote: »
    :D ?

ok clever clogs it is now your turn to set a question lol

ok clever clogs it is now your turn to set a question lol

The questioning part is hard, emmm... who played the voice of Orson on Mork & Mindy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Ralph James?

:D bingo, your turn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

What links:
    Denmark,
    Equatorial Guinea,
    Gambia,
    Mozambique (formerly),
    Nigeria (formerly),
    United Arab Emirates?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,109 ✭✭✭✭looksee

My complete and total inability to see any possible connection between them?

countries

• Advertisement

countries

Very weak response here. Do you all give up or should I let it run awhile?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Kingdoms?

Ruled by king

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Kingdoms?

Ruled by king

Nope.

used to be named after somebody?

Apologies folks - I owe a question from about 2 weeks ago!!

What is "tatting"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Mrs S does lace work that she says is tatting. What makes it tatting in particular, I don't know
    IrishZeus wrote: »
    Apologies folks - I owe a question from about 2 weeks ago!!

What is "tatting"?

used to be named after somebody?

No. Something geographical.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Same time zone? (Shot in the dark)

New Home wrote: »
    Same time zone? (Shot in the dark)

Denmark and UAE? No.

Yep, I didn't think so. :p

• Advertisement

Mrs S does lace work that she says is tatting. What makes it tatting in particular, I don't know

Yes, but I’ll leave it open until tonight to see if someone can provide more detail :)

You use a thread and a shuttle to create kind of blanket stitch knots round a thread which is linked together at intervals to create a lacy kind of effect. Its eyewateringly fine and tedious and makes arthritisy hands ache so gets cast aside.

looksee wrote: »
    You use a thread and a shuttle to create kind of blanket stitch knots round a thread which is linked together at intervals to create a lacy kind of effect. Its eyewateringly fine and tedious and makes arthritisy hands ache so gets cast aside.

This is essentially it, yes. It’s also a very strong weave.

You’re up :)

New Home wrote: »
    Yep, I didn't think so. :p

I'll let it stand until later and if I don't get the answer I'll post it before the night is out.

What does the Ross Tapestry depict?

Ok. Time for the answer.

All are continental countries whose capital city is (or was) located on an offshore island.

Denmark. Copenhagen is on the island of Zealand.
    Equatorial Guinea. Malabo is on the island of Bioko. However, the government is in the process of relocating the capital to Oyala aka Ciudad de la Paz on mainland Rio Muni.
    Gambia. Banjul was founded on Banjul Island aka St. Mary's Island. It has expanded to the mainland out of proportion to its original size but the seat of government remains on the island,
    Mozambique (formerly). Stone Town on the offshore Moçambique Island was the capital from the 16th century until 1898.
    Nigeria (formerly). Lagos was the capital from 1914 to 1991. It was founded on Lagos island.. It expanded to the mainland out of proportion to its original size but the seat of government remained on the island until the capital was relocated to Abuja.
    United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi is located on an island.

well done you came up with a stormer of a question be ideal in pub quiz.

No response to my question so just to be clear, that would be the Ross tapestry in New Ross, Co Wexford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Is it not the Ros Tapestry? A project to depict Norman Irish history, that's been ongoing a few tears I think.

• Advertisement

I know it's not my turn, but I hope it's ok if I ask a question, too, considering how quiet this thread has been, lately.

By what other name is R. Kreutznaer better known as?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement