Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I think Sterling will have higher ownership than Hendo. There are still differentials such as Leicester def (even double ups), Chelsea def double up v Fabregas, which two out of Hendo/Sterling/Coutinho, Leicester strikers

Hadn't the nerve to do double up on any defenders, Pool had the best chance I thought but that means a -12 and I don't have the bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Right.

This is my current team (DGWers in bold)
    Mignolet
    Terry Alder Coloccini
    Silva Eriksen Hazard Fabregas
    Aguero Kane Vardy
    Myhill ; Walters, PvA, C. Dawson

£6.2m in bank.

And my GW34-37 plan. 6 transfers for an 8 pts hit this week. Which will give me 8 DGWers in 34 and 4 in 37. I may try to fit 5 in 37 for an extra 4 pts hit if ... there is an if :p.

Dawson, Walters and Eriksen out. Now if Silva is not fit I may sell him instead of Eriksen.

So basically my questions are the following:
    1. Is Schlupp (with its OOP possibility) the best Leicester pick at the back?
    2. Sterling or Henderson? Think I'm happy enough to have nailed it down to these 2.
    3. Cambiasso or Albrighton or... none of them?
    Now to complicate it a bit. My decision for 2. (and to a lesser extent 3.) is important since it will alter my next transfers.
    Let's be clear. Giroud will replace Vardy unless he or Agüero/Kane get injured.
    And Fabregas (or Silva if he doesn't perform better) and Coloccini will make way.

So.

If I go Sterling, that leaves me with this Arsenal dilemma for 37:
    1. Sanchez & Bellerin (I currently have exactly what is required in bank for this so it's risky since I can't afford any price change going against me)
    2. Ozil/Ramsey & Koscielny
    If I go with Henderson I can afford any combinations and the dilemma will be which Arsenal midfielder?

What do you guys thinK?

--- edit ---
    There's also a wilder possibility in going all out for this DGW. Dawson, Eriksen, Silva & Walters out for Schlupp, Cambiasso, Sterling & Henderson (for example). That would solve my question 2 for GW34 and my cash dilemma for 37. But with Silva back in training and thus likely to feature at the week-end (*) I'm not sure this extra -4 is really worth it.

(*) => https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/591194905604657152

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

iroced wrote: »
    Right.
    1. Is Schlupp (with its OOP possibility) the best Leicester pick at the back?
    2. Sterling or Henderson? Think I'm happy enough to have nailed it down to these 2.
    3. Cambiasso or Albrighton or... none of them?
    Now to complicate it a bit. My decision for 2. (and to a lesser extent 3.) is important since it will alter my next transfers.
    Let's be clear. Giroud will replace Vardy unless he or Agüero/Kane get injured.
    And Fabregas (or Silva if he doesn't perform better) and Coloccini will make way.

So.

If I go Sterling, that leaves me with this Arsenal dilemma for 37:
    1. Sanchez & Bellerin (I currently have exactly what is required in bank for this so it's risky since I can't afford any price change going against me)
    2. Ozil/Ramsey & Koscielny
    If I go with Henderson I can afford any combinations and the dilemma will be which Arsenal midfielder?

What do you guys thinK?

--- edit ---
    There's also a wilder possibility in going all out for this DGW. Dawson, Eriksen, Silva & Walters out for Schlupp, Cambiasso, Sterling & Henderson (for example). That would solve my question 2 for GW34 and my cash dilemma for 37. But with Silva back in training and thus likely to feature at the week-end (*) I'm not sure this extra -4 is really worth it.

Schlupp is my preference but Huth is coming with a pretty decent goal threat.

Sterling would have more points potential but they value wise they are probably fairly close.

Cambiasso or Albrighton? Neither! Cambiasso has been picking up the points lately but wouldn't be expecting much from either.

So it basically comes down to Sanchez & Henderson or Sterling and Ozil/Ramsey/Caz. Thats pretty dam tricky! Sanchez seems like the safe pick but I would expect one of the other mids at least to bring in a score the problem is it looks next to impossible to guess which one! I'm planning on bring in one too but leaving it as late as possible to decide in the hopes that it some how becomes clearer!

jimmii wrote: »
    Schlupp is my preference but Huth is coming with a pretty decent goal threat.

Sterling would have more points potential but they value wise they are probably fairly close.

Cambiasso or Albrighton? Neither! Cambiasso has been picking up the points lately but wouldn't be expecting much from either.

So it basically comes down to Sanchez & Henderson or Sterling and Ozil/Ramsey/Caz. Thats pretty dam tricky! Sanchez seems like the safe pick but I would expect one of the other mids at least to bring in a score the problem is it looks next to impossible to guess which one! I'm planning on bring in one too but leaving it as late as possible to decide in the hopes that it some how becomes clearer!

Cheers for the details :cool:.

I can't get Sanchez & Koscileny if I keep Walters. Which was also the idea behind Cambiasso. But I too can't really see Cambiasso recent form lasting forever. That said, there was also the fact Leicester are on a good run and as a consequence are back in the fight for saving their position in the PL.

As for Arsenal... I just checked and Ramsey is on a glorious form since his return. Now I see he "only" got 61min home to Liverpool so should that be a worry? Or was it just Wenger not willing to rush him back before their FA semi?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

As for Arsenal... I just checked and Ramsey is on a glorious form since his return. Now I see he "only" got 61min home to Liverpool so should that be a worry? Or was it just Wenger not willing to rush him back before their FA semi?

He picked up a slight knock so came off as a precaution. Don't hold me to it, but if we have top 3 secure then I expect Sanchez to be the first out of him, Ozil, and Ramsey to be rested either against Sunderland or GW38.

• Advertisement

He picked up a slight knock so came off as a precaution. Don't hold me to it, but if we have top 3 secure then I expect Sanchez to be the first out of him, Ozil, and Ramsey to be rested either against Sunderland or GW38.
    Yeah but if you beat Chelsea and then Leicester creates an upset. And then Murray & Bolasie go wild at the Bridge and winning Pardew runs on the ground like Mourinho in the Camp Nou and with the pressure increasing on the Portuguese he loses his nerves and try put his finger in Brendan Rodgers' eye and simulates a kick in Fabregas' head (ah no he can't do this now :P)... well... Sanchez will be needed to get the PL title :cool:.

Right :o. Do we agree on Cambiasso -4 outscoring Walters this week more probable than my little fantasy :pac:?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Would it be asking for trouble not to get any Liverpool cover in for this week?

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Would it be asking for trouble not to get any Liverpool cover in for this week?

It does seem like a bit of a gamble. Guess it depends on what position you are in. If you go poolless and they blank that will give you a big edge on pretty much everyone. It could ofbcourse go horribly horribly wrong!!

Cheers for the details :cool:.

I can't get Sanchez & Koscileny if I keep Walters. Which was also the idea behind Cambiasso. But I too can't really see Cambiasso recent form lasting forever. That said, there was also the fact Leicester are on a good run and as a consequence are back in the fight for saving their position in the PL.

I am going with two mids and Giroud. Its hard to know what Wenger is going to do line up wise we've always known him to stick to his guns but lately it appears that he has been adapting his formation a little more than usual to allow for opponents tendencies and he obviously has a ton of options in midfield we will surely see Walcott get some game and even the Ox should be back soon seems most likely that it will be Ramseys game time that is effected by that the most. Its frustrating as we know Ramsey is a points machine given the chance! If he gets a couple of 90 minutes between now and 36 I think I may well opt for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Purely having fun with the DGW, things have been going that bad.

Gerrard, Sterling, Aguero and Skrtel IN

Eriksen, Sanchez, Sturridge and Alder OUT for -12

Leaving me with:

Schmeichel
    Skrtel Ivan Berty
    Gerrard Sterling Hazard Silva Walters
    Remy Aguero

Subs: Giroud PVA Dawson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I'm trying to decide between Sterling & Henderson. I'll be getting rid of Silva for one of them so money is not an issue.

With Sturridge out, Sterling will surely start up front. But Henderson has been an assist machine. I'm very torn between the two.

It's basically a toss-a-coin decision at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Transfers made but have a selection dilemma:
    Start Silva(AVL) or Murray(HUL)?

John83 wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide between Sterling & Henderson. I'll be getting rid of Silva for one of them so money is not an issue.

With Sturridge out, Sterling will surely start up front. But Henderson has been an assist machine. I'm very torn between the two.

It's basically a toss-a-coin decision at this stage.

If you can use the spare funds getting Henderson well then that may be best if the funds are likely to just sit in the bank then you may as well spend the extra on Sterling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

This is my starting team at the moment. Already on -4. Do I make room for Sterling for a -8? I'd be dropping one of Bolasie/Kane/Benteke for him and transferring out Eriksen.

Dilemma :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Yeah but if you beat Chelsea and then Leicester creates an upset. And then Murray & Bolasie go wild at the Bridge and winning Pardew runs on the ground like Mourinho in the Camp Nou and with the pressure increasing on the Portuguese he loses his nerves and try put his finger in Brendan Rodgers' eye and simulates a kick in Fabregas' head (ah no he can't do this now :P)... well... Sanchez will be needed to get the PL title :cool:.

Right :o. Do we agree on Cambiasso -4 outscoring Walters this week more probable than my little fantasy :pac:?

Would you consider Walters to Ibe.

Would you consider Walters to Ibe.
    What's the craic with this Ibe a lot of you have been talking about this year? OK he's cheap but he barely played this year and has not returned anything FPL-wise. I've seen little of Liverpool this year so is there something obvious I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What's the craic with this Ibe a lot of you have been talking about this year? OK he's cheap but he barely played this year and has not returned anything FPL-wise. I've seen little of Liverpool this year so is there something obvious I'm missing?

He was on loan at Derby till xmas. Rodgers put him in the team a good few weeks back played 4 in a row as rwb looked really good. He then got injured was out for a month and then was put straight back into the team in the front 3 against newcastle. It's a bit of a punt but may make sense for you as if he starts both he should outscore Cambiasso or albrighton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭shano_88

That makes sense in theory. Ozil and Ramsey missed significant parts of the season so would have less wear and tear/fatigue issues.

The fact that Sanchez wants to play every minute of every game and doesnt care if his leg is hanging off would lead me to believe he wont want to be rested! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

considering going a further -4 to take me to -8 to do
    (a) Bertrand to skertl for a double up with mignolet (also have alderweireld so will be selling Bertie next week for kos if not this week )
    I can then also play Kane or mata ........

(b) sell mata for sterling for a double up with henderson
    this will mean I will play Bertie but will have to play 352 dropping Kane
    I'm not mad on the idea of selling mata before west brom at home either

or I could
    (c) stick with what I have !
    I'm leaning towards either (a) as I think double pool defence may bring more point than double mid or (c)!
    what do ye think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Rose or Alder to Skrtel? Which would you go with. I have Davis as one of my GK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

km79 wrote: »
    considering going a further -4 to take me to -8 to do
    (a) Bertrand to skertl for a double up with mignolet (also have alderweireld so will be selling Bertie next week for kos if not this week )
    I can then also play Kane or mata ........

(b) sell mata for sterling for a double up with henderson
    this will mean I will play Bertie but will have to play 352 dropping Kane
    I'm not mad on the idea of selling mata before west brom at home either

or I could
    (c) stick with what I have !
    I'm leaning towards either (a) as I think double pool defence may bring more point than double mid or (c)!
    what do ye think ?

I'd stick with what you have. Don't think I'd double up on Liverpool defence. Not after seeing them on Sunday.

I need to decide whether to take Sanchez or Silva out for Henderson. Thoughts please? Still undecided about Remy. What are other folk doing with him? Keeping or selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'd stick with what you have. Don't think I'd double up on Liverpool defence. Not after seeing them on Sunday.

I need to decide whether to take Sanchez or Silva out for Henderson. Thoughts please? Still undecided about Remy. What are other folk doing with him? Keeping or selling?

I'd sell Remy but for who...........if I had Sanchez I'd keep him at this stage with their dgw in mind ........selling Silva this week is a tough one though . and QPR in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

km79 wrote: »
    I'd sell Remy but for who...........if I had Sanchez I'd keep him at this stage with their dgw in mind ........selling Silva this week is a tough one though . and QPR in 2 weeks

Yeah I've no idea who for. Was thinking on keeping him this week and going for Giroud next GW. Will Henderson score more than Silva or Sanchez this GW? Hard to tell. Still think I want him though as most will.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Is it in any way worth a hit to get in Huth (for Naughton) and play him ahead of Bertrand (Spurs h)?

FHFC wrote: »
    Is it in any way worth a hit to get in Huth (for Naughton) and play him ahead of Bertrand (Spurs h)?
    As I said to another boardsie yesterday, in my view, it all depends on who you're gonna play at the back (and again I mean up to GW38) if you don't go for it. If you think you're overall well set up the it's probably a useless hit. Otherwise go for it :P!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Team at the moment with -4
    krul (Panti)
    Ivan,Schlupp,Skrtl(Alder,Bellerin)
    Silva,Hendo,Haz,Fab(Eriksen)
    Kane,Vardy,Aguero
    Tempted Eriksen>Sterling but then would have to drop Silva or Kane 8 DGW is tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Is anyone even remotely considering Mo Diame or am I very much on my own here?

I'm currently hovering between -16 and -20 with my playing around with things too...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Currently considering:

Craig Dawson -> Skrtel
    Coleman -> Terry
    Silva -> Henderbus
    Ameobi -> Mo Diame
    Pelle -> Vardy

Myhill
    Schlupp - Skrtel - Terry
    Henderbus - Hazard - Sanchez - Diame
    Aguero - Kane - Vardy

Subs: Phillips - PVA - Alderweireld

40k and who gives a crap about pride. It's just a shame there's no real forward options or I'd ditch Kane too

FHFC wrote: »

I already got rid of Naughton for a hit, DGW is a perfect excuse to get myself back up to a full bench.

• Advertisement

Currently considering:

Craig Dawson -> Skrtel
    Coleman -> Terry
    Silva -> Henderbus
    Ameobi -> Mo Diame
    Pelle -> Vardy

Myhill
    Schlupp - Skrtel - Terry
    Henderbus - Hazard - Sanchez - Diame
    Aguero - Kane - Vardy

Subs: Phillips - PVA - Alderweireld

40k and who gives a crap about pride. It's just a shame there's no real forward options or I'd ditch Kane too

Could you do Albrighton and Ivan instead of Diame and Terry? You're making my -12 look like child's play :P

Advertisement