Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Tempted by a punt on Ulloa but hard to know if he'll start both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Myhill -> Mignolet - Done!

Bit of advice on the next one. I'm considering going for the -8

Eriksen Silva or Lucas -> Hendo, Sterling or Cambiasso

Which of the 2 on the left, should I transfer out for 2 on the right. I have the funds to afford any of the transfers.

To get Hendo and Sterling in, I would have to sell Lucas

(Yes, I know. I should have already quit the game by now instead of having Lucas in the team! ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Rikand wrote: »

Which of the 2 on the left, should I transfer out for 2 on the right. I have the funds to afford any of the transfers.

(Yes, I know. I should have already quit the game by now instead of having Lucas in the team! ;) )
    Better late than never to get rid of him :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Of course it depends on Silvas injury, but if he's not out, then I'd do Eriksen + Lucas out, Hendo + Sterling in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'd be seriously considering Albrighton instead of Cambiasso, and that's after putting Cambiasso forward all week. Albrighton is playing well, very attacking and possibly "due" a goal or assist at least.

Not sure what do do about Liverpool, in theory they still have something to play for, but they seem to have looked beaten docket on Sunday, Sterling was poor by all accounts. Didn't see the game.

Hard to know whether they'll respond well or just fizzle out from here. Form wise I possibly fancy Couthino over Sterling. While if they stupidly insist on playing Gerrard then Henderbus is much less appealing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

If you have to chose 1 Liverpool midfielder (money no issue) would it be Sterling, Henderson or Coutinho?

FHFC wrote: »
    I'd be seriously considering Albrighton instead of Cambiasso, and that's after putting Cambiasso forward all week. Albrighton is playing well, very attacking and possibly "due" a goal or assist at least.

Not sure what do do about Liverpool, in theory they still have something to play for, but they seem to have looked beaten docket on Sunday, Sterling was poor by all accounts. Didn't see the game.

Hard to know whether they'll respond well or just fizzle out from here. Form wise I possibly fancy Couthino over Sterling. While if they stupidly insist on playing Gerrard then Henderbus is much less appealing.

Coutinho was annonymous on Sunday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭shano_88

Have 2 transfers done for this week leaving me with 5 dgw players currently - Hazard, Coutinho, Vardy, Mignolet, Terry.

I will probably do one more for a 4 point hit but I cant afford Ivanovic. I have 2 options really.

Boyd to Henderson - Would end up having to leave Kane or Sanchez on the bench going this route.
    Naughton to Cahill - Would end up benching Wooly.

Unsure about either. Any opinions on what you would take?

Coutinho was annonymous on Sunday too.

Still scored though, and is way ahead of Sterling for attempts over the last 6. From FFS free "Scouting the Doubles" article...

Philippe Coutinho (7.8) hasn’t netted in five league outings yet underlined his goalscoring potential with the opener in Liverpool’s FA Cup loss to the Villains – his second strike in the last three over all competitions. In terms of goal attempts in his last league six matches, Coutinho leads Sterling by 21 attempts to 12 – given that only two midfielders have managed more over their respective previous six, the Brazilian has been a little unlucky only to score once in that run.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Henderson would be my mid of choice since he's the most consistent and cheapest. Sterling is the most explosive but highly dependent where he plays. Coutinho can't score 20 yard screamers evey match, too many shots outside the box for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

menoscemo wrote: »
    If you have to chose 1 Liverpool midfielder (money no issue) would it be Sterling, Henderson or Coutinho?

If sturridge is not fit, probably Sterling as he will play up top. Henderson is more consistent though and on set pieces. My personal preference would be Henderson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

zarquon wrote: »
    If sturridge is not fit, probably Sterling as he will play up top. Henderson is more consistent though and on set pieces. My personal preference would be Henderson.

Sturridge is not an option for me. I am happy with my forwards and he deosn't seem to stay fit for any period of time. I haven't had him all season and wouldn't touch him with a bargepole to be honest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

zarquon wrote: »

He won't be on set pieces if King Stevie plays. I have Sturridge and not sure what to do

Still scored though, and is way ahead of Sterling for attempts over the last 6. From FFS free "Scouting the Doubles" article...

Philippe Coutinho (7.8) hasn’t netted in five league outings yet underlined his goalscoring potential with the opener in Liverpool’s FA Cup loss to the Villains – his second strike in the last three over all competitions. In terms of goal attempts in his last league six matches, Coutinho leads Sterling by 21 attempts to 12 – given that only two midfielders have managed more over their respective previous six, the Brazilian has been a little unlucky only to score once in that run.

WEll yes he did well to get into position. However I'm convinced that goal was actually an OG, I think it was off target until it came off Okore.

ShaneU wrote: »
    He won't be on set pieces if King Stevie plays. I have Sturridge and not sure what to do

I have Studge, and fukit I'm gonna hold him. Not worth 2 transfers to get rid and get in a Liverpool mid. And might as well have a DGW striker even if he won't play 2x90. He only needs 20 minutes to score a goal off the bench, and I'm hopeful that he'll start at least one of them.

Of course if he's ruled out completely come Friday it'll be Hitzville.

Just did Eriksen to Albrighton btw.....stage 1 of Cunning Plan no 447 of the season.

Cunning Plan success rate.... 0.034% so far this season, but I'm quite hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Just did Eriksen to Albrighton btw.....stage 1 of Cunning Plan no 447 of the season.

you've just convinced me not to go albrighton lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭G1032

Sure you're not going to start Albrighton are you? I've had him as bench fodder since Jan WC but I don't think he'll be making my DGW team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm starting him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭G1032

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I'm starting him

Instead of who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

G1032 wrote: »
    Sure you're not going to start Albrighton are you? I've had him as bench fodder since Jan WC but I don't think he'll be making my DGW team.
    Would you not bench Kane away to Soutahmpton? They only conceded 10 goals at home. They only lost 1-0 in the first round.
    That could be a suiting DGW gamble...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

My team at the moment lads. Took a -4 to get Hendo and Schlupp in. Think it's worth taking a -8 to get Coutinho/Sterling in or am I fine as I am? Would ye change anything about my starting team? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

G1032 wrote: »
    Instead of who?

Fellani

Albrighton Oscar Hazard Hendo as my 4 and Afro man as sub

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Neoulous wrote: »
    Would you not bench Kane away to Soutahmpton? They only conceded 10 goals at home. They only lost 1-0 in the first round.
    That could be a suiting DGW gamble...
    I was a big supporter of the Southampton defence and I've been doubling up for a lot of the season, however Kelvin Davis is very unconvincing in goal.

At the time of him coming in I didn't think he'd make much of a difference and I was able to pull some data to show that it was down to the high performance of the defenders that led to clean sheets rather than the goalkeepers.

However, after several games, it's quite obvious that Davis doesn't have the same presence as Forster. If defenders begin to lose a bit of confidence in their keeper, they can quickly become vulnerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

AdMMM wrote: »
    I was a big supporter of the Southampton defence and I've been doubling up for a lot of the season, however Kelvin Davis is very unconvincing in goal.

At the time of him coming in I didn't think he'd make much of a difference and I was able to pull some data to show that it was down to the high performance of the defenders that led to clean sheets rather than the goalkeepers.

However, after several games, it's quite obvious that Davis doesn't have the same presence as Forster. If defenders begin to lose a bit of confidence in their keeper, they can quickly become vulnerable.
    The same thing happened last season when Davis went in goal he is a championship goalkeeper at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'm already in -4 but looking at possibilities for another dgw player I have landed at this.....

Sell Cork for Cambiasso then bench Kane, is it as mad as it sounds or a perfectly reasonable move???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dahat wrote: »
    I'm already in -4 but looking at possibilities for another dgw player I have landed at this.....

Sell Cork for Cambiasso then bench Kane, is it as mad as it sounds or a perfectly reasonable move???

It's not a move I'd make burnley have conceded 1 goal in there last 3 home games city spurs and arsenal although I do feel they will be a lot more attacking this weekend and then the other game is against Chelsea.

It's not a move I'd make burnley have conceded 1 goal in there last 3 home games city spurs and arsenal although I do feel they will be a lot more attacking this weekend and then the other game is against Chelsea.

Ah, I know its dodgy but I think I'm gonna chance it. Unless something sweet comes off for me I've no hope of a podium finish in the Harps league, so while not going full Prodston on it I'm going to take a few calculated risks and hits.

Fair points about K Davis, but Saints still havent conceded at home since he came in. I'd actually be more worried about the chopping and changing he did with Clyne and the contract saga there, plus Alder being out and Yoshida likely to be in, he was dodgy as fook against Stoke.

However, I suspect Kane is not likely to fill his boots, a goal maybe worst case, and a blank in certainly not unlikely. Meanwhile a rejuvenated Albrighton is central to Liecesters revival and has great attacking stats, and came very close to a goal, hit the post i think, against Swans. Worst case he gets 4 points to Kanes 6 or 7, best case he outscores Kane 11 or 12 to 2. Worth a punt if you've a mind for puntin IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

However, I suspect Kane is not likely to fill his boots, a goal maybe worst case, and a blank in certainly not unlikely. Meanwhile a rejuvenated Albrighton is central to Liecesters revival and has great attacking stats, and came very close to a goal, hit the post i think, against Swans. Worst case he gets 4 points to Kanes 6 or 7, best case he outscores Kane 11 or 12 to 2. Worth a punt if you've a mind for puntin IMO.

Just remember this is the same Kane who scored 18 against Chelsea, 12 against Arsenal and 11 against Liverpool, and another 4 double digit scores over the season. I'd say he almost certainly has the most points per minute in the whole game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

The problem with not playing Kane is that almost everyone in the top 10K will. If he blanks you do well but if he gets a big score you are screwed. Kane is a must have in a starting 11 purely to safeguard as everyone else has him too.

It's far too risky to not play him

Advertisement