Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 NBA Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

As much of a bush league move it was by Giannis, I did enjoy seeing Dunleavy getting levelled. If there was ever a player who had it coming, it was him.

However, I have an issue with Giannis because the franchise guy can't be punking out like that in the 2nd quarter. Yeah, he wanted payback but he also wanted out of that game. He quit on his teammates.

If the guy at the end of the bench does that to Dunleavy that's fine. He had it coming. Giannis needs to understand he's a franchise player and he can't finish the season watching his team get destroyed from the locker room. There were still 2+ quarters left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

NufcNavan wrote: »
    As much of a bush league move it was by Giannis, I did enjoy seeing Dunleavy getting levelled. If there was ever a player who had it coming, it was him.

However, I have an issue with Giannis because the franchise guy can't be punking out like that in the 2nd quarter. Yeah, he wanted payback but he also wanted out of that game. He quit on his teammates.

If the guy at the end of the bench does that to Dunleavy that's fine. He had it coming. Giannis needs to understand he's a franchise player and he can't finish the season watching his team get destroyed from the locker room. There were still 2+ quarters left.

Very true BUT that was one sweet hit hahaha.
    I hate Dunleavy. I wont saw he deserved it or had it coming to him but I really enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Bucks 66 - Bulls 120

Good to win a playoff series. Making the playoffs in the NBA is no big deal, 16 of 30 teams do it, but it is nice to win a series. There's a stat being quoted a lot lately that Rose has been significantly better on 2+ day's rest as opposed to 1 day's rest. The Bulls had two days off before this game, and it wasn't just Rose, all the players came out sharp.

Even though it was only the 2nd quarter, I thought realistically the Bulls were never going to lose when Giannis got ejected (think they were up about 20). Of course they ran away with it then.

The Bucks can take a lot from this series, won 2 games including a road game. I don't mind the Giannis ejection, it was a bit of immaturity more than anything else. Hopefully he learns from it.

On to Cleveland, which will be the biggest series for the Bulls in 4 years (when they played Miami in the ECF).

Noah: "I never thought I'd say this but I'm excited to go to Cleveland."

Me too.

Fears came true about the Spurs. Had a chance to get the 2-seed by beating the Pelicans on the final day of the season, couldn't do it. Had a chance to close out the series at home last night, couldn't do it. I don't see them winning a game 7 in LA. The Clippers have frankly been the better team in this series. It's basketball, anything can happen in one game, but I expect he Clippers to progress now, and will possibly be the last time we see this great Spurs team together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

padraig_f wrote: »
    Fears came true about the Spurs. Had a chance to get the 2-seed by beating the Pelicans on the final day of the season, couldn't do it. Had a chance to close out the series at home last night, couldn't do it. I don't see them winning a game 7 in LA. The Clippers have frankly been the better team in this series. It's basketball, anything can happen in one game, but I expect he Clippers to progress now, and will possibly be the last time we see this great Spurs team together.
    Hmmm. I agree with a lot of what your saying, but the Spurs, more than any other team react to losing a big game and playing badly by going out and putting in a huge performance the next night. Pop will make adjustments for game 7, the Clippers are going into uncharted territory here as well. Im backing the Spurs to put in a huge performance and pull out the win. Pop wont let his team go out with 2 bad games back to back, of that im sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Pulling for the Clippers tomorrow. Yeah they're not very likeable, but they've played too well this season and got the short straw drawing the Spurs in round 1. The team is too good to be the team who constantly falls short in tough, 50/50 playoff series, year-after-year. As much as I don't want to see this Spurs team broken up, they had their moment last year, and Clippers/Rockets is a more intriguing series for me. They've been beefing the entire season and the added intensity of playoffs makes it can't miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Does anyone know which us TV station will be showing game 7

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

padraig_f wrote: »
    Bucks 66 - Bulls 120

Good to win a playoff series. Making the playoffs in the NBA is no big deal, 16 of 30 teams do it, but it is nice to win a series. There's a stat being quoted a lot lately that Rose has been significantly better on 2+ day's rest as opposed to 1 day's rest. The Bulls had two days off before this game, and it wasn't just Rose, all the players came out sharp.

Even though it was only the 2nd quarter, I thought realistically the Bulls were never going to lose when Giannis got ejected (think they were up about 20). Of course they ran away with it then.

The Bucks can take a lot from this series, won 2 games including a road game. I don't mind the Giannis ejection, it was a bit of immaturity more than anything else. Hopefully he learns from it.

On to Cleveland, which will be the biggest series for the Bulls in 4 years (when they played Miami in the ECF).

Noah: "I never thought I'd say this but I'm excited to go to Cleveland."

Me too.

Ah come on, Bucks getting to the plays offs, with a bit of comfort, even if it's the East was big deal. That's an interesting team for the future. And Kidd seems to be a better coach than people think

leggo wrote: »
    Pulling for the Clippers tomorrow. Yeah they're not very likeable, but they've played too well this season and got the short straw drawing the Spurs in round 1. The team is too good to be the team who constantly falls short in tough, 50/50 playoff series, year-after-year. As much as I don't want to see this Spurs team broken up, they had their moment last year, and Clippers/Rockets is a more intriguing series for me. They've been beefing the entire season and the added intensity of playoffs makes it can't miss.

Ah, Clippers not very likeable? A bit harsh. De Andre Jordan once again has been super. Griffin gives it all, even if a bit soft and is a header

Doc seems to like to put people into a glass case of emotion. Took Celtics 20 plus games to win the championship in 2008

Happy to see either go through.Still think Spurs are dangerous championship wise (no **** lol)

buyer95 wrote: »
    Hmmm. I agree with a lot of what your saying, but the Spurs, more than any other team react to losing a big game and playing badly by going out and putting in a huge performance the next night. Pop will make adjustments for game 7, the Clippers are going into uncharted territory here as well. Im backing the Spurs to put in a huge performance and pull out the win. Pop wont let his team go out with 2 bad games back to back, of that im sure

The bookies seem to partly agree with you as they have it a virtual coin-flip (Clippers 2.5 favourites, which is nothing). But I just see some bad signs the last couple of games. Game 6 it was really just Belinelli and Diaw keeping it close... Parker 8 points, Ginobili 3 points (!), Kawhi and Duncan with 12 points each. Maybe you can look at that and say they're due a bounce-back, but that's some bad form from some of your key players going into a game 7.

I'm sure Pop will make some adjustments, but they only go so far when a number of your players are hurt or underperforming.

It may be closer than I'm making out, but I dunno, I think the Clippers have been the better team the last 2 games, and now they've got a game 7 home crowd behind them.

• Advertisement

Ah come on, Bucks getting to the plays offs, with a bit of comfort, even if it's the East was big deal. That's an interesting team for the future. And Kidd seems to be a better coach than people think

I'm not knocking the Bucks, but when you can reach the NBA playoffs losing more games than you win, with a quarter of the league tanking, I don't put a huge amount of stock in the achievement (I was talking more from the Bulls' perspective than the Bucks).

I like the Bucks, I think they have a bright future and they acquitted themselves well in the first round. Probably everyone knew deep down Bulls were going to win, but they still played a proper playoff series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Ah, Clippers not very likeable? A bit harsh. De Andre Jordan once again has been super. Griffin gives it all, even if a bit soft and is a header

Doc seems to like to put people into a glass case of emotion. Took Celtics 20 plus games to win the championship in 2008

Happy to see either go through.Still think Spurs are dangerous championship wise (no **** lol)

Can't stand them and not just cos of the LA and SF rivalries.
    They have some great players, Chris Paul is fantastic to watch, he is such a competitor, probably dribbles too much but amazing player, on the flip side he flops around like a fish at times, yea most players too but I feel he really tries to sell it too much.
    Same for Griffin, for a big guy he shouldn't be acting like that.
    Then you got the likes of Barnes, didn't like him at Warriors, like him less now.
    Just as a whole they have this US v Them attitude, which they just created themselves, they have no problem playing hard but if a team does it back then they whine about it.
    They have been better than Spurs and probably should advance but spurs are the spurs.
    Harden v flippers would be good to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I'd hate to see the Spurs go out to a team that doesn't have it in them to go on and win it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I'd hate to see the Spurs go out to a team that doesn't have it in them to go on and win it out.

Who knows though? It's not just a case of the best team winning. Are GSW a granted to beat Memphis? They could win 4-0 but they could also have a job done on them. I could see the Clips edging Memphis, then they're likely facing a Cleveland minus Kevin Love in the finals. The playoffs are generally a long, dramatic road to a predictable outcome (so we're likely getting GSW/Cavs) but one series upset can blow the whole thing wide open. Just look at the Mavs a few years ago.

First article in a while lads, I know a lot of you will disagree, but this is on why I'm picking the Spurs tonight. http://www.punditarena.com/basketball/comahony/san-antonio-spurs-vs-l-clippers-game-7-preview-game-ages/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

leggo wrote: »
    Who knows though? It's not just a case of the best team winning. Are GSW a granted to beat Memphis? They could win 4-0 but they could also have a job done on them. I could see the Clips edging Memphis, then they're likely facing a Cleveland minus Kevin Love in the finals. The playoffs are generally a long, dramatic road to a predictable outcome (so we're likely getting GSW/Cavs) but one series upset can blow the whole thing wide open. Just look at the Mavs a few years ago.

I just don't believe they have it mentally. Also, their bench isn't the best, obviously. I don't know, they just don't have a championship winning vibe about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Spurs looking locked in. Parker and Green making shots for the first time this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Chris Paul looks like he knows he's done here. Hamstring.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

CP3 looks like he is gone for the night

Terrible to see CP3 go down, although I'm pulling for the Spurs you want to see the best players out their to decide the game. I'd imagine he'll go back in to give it another go soon, but it looked like his hammer went..

• Advertisement

What a game this has been so far.

Have to LOL at the karma for Pop playing hack a Shaq. Didn't get the rebound and Crawford knocks down the 3.

I don't disagree with the tactic, just thought it was funny.

Clippers looked the better team in the first half, lead by 2. Spurs still right there, need to tighten up on defense. Crawford has given LA a huge lift, he's been missing the whole series but 12 points in 12 minutes is something he is always capable of doing. Duncan leading the way for the Spurs, as he has for the last 20 odd years, leads all scorers with 13 points. Impossible to call at this stage.

bha, CP3 is injured, Big Baby's (having a super game)ankle could go at anytime, Griffin is in foul trouble, yet, they are still up.

Not looking great for Spurs, is it? You gotta be delirious if you are a Clipper fan

I think the Spurs will win this one.

bha, CP3 is injured, Big Baby's (having a super game)ankle could go at anytime, Griffin is in foul trouble, yet, they are still up.

Not looking great for Spurs, is it? You gotta be delirious if you are a Clipper fan

Game 7's take on a life of their own, Spurs will be quite contented to be down by just 2. Expect Pop to make an adjustment to nullify Jamal. Griffin sat for about 2 mins with foul trouble so that had no real baring. This is going to be close to the end I'm convinced.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Game 7's take on a life of their own, Spurs will be quite contented to be down by just 2. Expect Pop to make an adjustment to nullify Jamal. Griffin sat for about 2 mins with foul trouble so that had no real baring. This is going to be close to the end I'm convinced.
    They need to wind Griffin up a bit more, hot head. They need to burn CP3 when they are attacking, and possibly full court press on him when he's coming up with the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

My goodness, I think I'm a better basketball player than Austin Rivers.

What a game this has been.

MASSIVE PLAY! CP3 somehow, someway gets that shot to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hell of a game this. Unbelievable effort from Chris Paul with that hamstring injury.

• Advertisement

Spurs got 'em. Clippers are letting the refs get in their heads.

Advertisement