Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 NBA Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

An absolute joke, Perkins is pathetic, they should suspend him for a game.
    And then when the Celtics player hurts his knee and the Cleveland bench is laughing and jeering him, wtf, what a bunch of classy guys

Well, they are probably thinking "ye messed up our boy" (Love) "we will now return the the Fava, my Ni.... "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Well, they are probably thinking "ye messed up our boy" (Love) "we will now return the the Fava, my Ni.... "

Of course that is what happened. And I don't mind it to be honest. I think the Cs were over physical and putting Perkins in there to help stop getting pushed around was the right thing to do.

And before everyone gives out Im sure ye have done it too in your own leagues.
    Quick PG tearing your D apart. Hit him with a hard foul to make him think twice about attacking the basket the next time. No intent to injure of course but just a hard foul.

killwill wrote: »
    Of course that is what happened. And I don't mind it to be honest. I think the Cs were over physical and putting Perkins in there to help stop getting pushed around was the right thing to do.

And before everyone gives out Im sure ye have done it too in your own leagues.
    Quick PG tearing your D apart. Hit him with a hard foul to make him think twice about attacking the basket the next time. No intent to injure of course but just a hard foul.
    Hell ya, all sports. Lesson #1 Let the fecker know you're there.

I say that as a Celtics fans. Loved how they played hard especially Chowder (I know it's not the correct spelling) but, you gotta take it if you're going to give it

Someone witty said this about Perkins. He's the X Pac (WWE wrestler) who's always around stars but you don't know why. Hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭BQQ

You expect physical play in the playoffs, but J.R. Smith crossed the line IMO. Dude was knocked cold.
    If his head hit the floor instead of him twisting his knee....
    Smith deserves a long suspension for that one.

Perkins, I don't mind. It was a hard blatant foul, but at the end of the day he just shoved him.

Olynik, I'm on the fence. At first, it looked like a natural instinct. Love was holding him off, he had no chance to get the ball, so he grabbed the arm to prevent Love getting it.
    However, in the replay it looks like he yanks on it a bit and Love seemed in no doubt that it was intentional when interviewed postgame.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

BQQ wrote: »
    You expect physical play in the playoffs, but J.R. Smith crossed the line IMO. Dude was knocked cold.
    If his head hit the floor instead of him twisting his knee....
    Smith deserves a long suspension for that one.

Perkins, I don't mind. It was a hard blatant foul, but at the end of the day he just shoved him.

Olynik, I'm on the fence. At first, it looked like a natural instinct. Love was holding him off, he had no chance to get the ball, so he grabbed the arm to prevent Love getting it.
    However, in the replay it looks like he yanks on it a bit and Love seemed in no doubt that it was intentional when interviewed postgame.

Yeah I'd agree with that. It looked innocent initially but the more you look at it he's clearly yanking on Loves arm and the ball is nowhere close. Love was maybe a little strong with his comments afterwards but yeah I think there was a small bit of purpose from Oleynik.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Rick fox tweeted this picture from seconds before. Two lads were both at it. Didn't see the game but tangling up like this happens a lot.

Either way it'll create an us vs everyone else mentality for the Cavs and could be harder to beat

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Rick fox tweeted this picture from seconds before. Two lads were both at it. Didn't see the game but tangling up like this happens a lot.

Either way it'll create an us vs everyone else mentality for the Cavs and could be harder to beat

Ah Fox needs to get real with that, that photo is under the basket, the incident actually occurred over near the sideline. Obviously what's seen in ^ that pic is an everyday occurrence in the league but that's not what caused the injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

They won't be harder to beat if Love is out injured and two players out suspended (one potentially multi games).

The Raps are insufferable and I'm glad they got swept even though Washington's idiotic attempt to make a statement against us in game 81 probably ended up costing The Pacers the season.

Regardless, Masai's two "I'm a badass quotes" at the start of both of the playoffs have blown up in his face as have a lot of his roster moves. Kyle Lowry was the most overrated player in the NBA for most of the season and a team that is debating between starting Amir Johnson or Tyler Hansbrough at power forward doesn't deserve to win anything.

It doesn't get much more embarrassing than what has happened to the Raptors the past two years. Lose two straight first round series where you had home court and in one you lost in a game 7 in your arena and in the other one you weren't even close to being competitive and got completely destroyed in a decisive game 4.

Funny, normally you would be , "meh, its only JR Smith" if you found out someone would be missing, but, he has been very very very good for Cleveland , so has the other former Knicks guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I don't think Olynik meant to dislocate Love's shoulder. I don't think that kind of attempt was there.
    But it was a very hard foul all the same. Alot worse than Perkins' but not as bad as Smith's.
    I have really enjoyed watching JR playing for Cleveland, consistent and a great athlete. Deserves everything he gets and will be a huge loss for the Cavs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

NufcNavan wrote: »
    The Raps are insufferable and I'm glad they got swept even though Washington's idiotic attempt to make a statement against us in game 81 probably ended up costing The Pacers the season.

Regardless, Masai's two "I'm a badass quotes" at the start of both of the playoffs have blown up in his face as have a lot of his roster moves. Kyle Lowry was the most overrated player in the NBA for most of the season and a team that is debating between starting Amir Johnson or Tyler Hansbrough at power forward doesn't deserve to win anything.

It doesn't get much more embarrassing than what has happened to the Raptors the past two years. Lose two straight first round series where you had home court and in one you lost in a game 7 in your arena and in the other one you weren't even close to being competitive and got completely destroyed in a decisive game 4.

2qwokly.jpg

Ah, sure, he got a lot of experience tanking in the play offs with Denver.

Last year was laughable but to do it again this year, is pathetic. That's a lot of money gone down the drain for a potty mouth. That's someone's annual salary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

They really need to blow up the roster, living in Canada now, every regular season game I went to they were dominant but you could tell the interior defence was going to be their problem come playoffs.
    Think they have some cap room this off season time to go big get a PF and a shooting guard who shoots decent 3s since DeRozan aint stretching the field anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Can someone with more knowledge of nba then me( which isnt much tbf) please explain to me wtf happened to the raptors, how the fcuk did they go out in such a wimper like that i mean they were well beaten in all 4 games, to beat the wiz 3 times in regular season and then have this happen there must be more to this then meets the eye:confused:

Compared to last year, the entire first round has been very poor watching with the exception of Spurs Clippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Breaking. Kevin Love is out of round 2 of the playoffs. Bulls Cavs just got interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jr smith is going to miss games for being a thug. And he has previous form.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

buyer95 wrote: »
    Breaking. Kevin Love is out of round 2 of the playoffs. Bulls Cavs just got interesting.

Yup, that's a huge leveller. Though Love hasn't been at superstar status since moving to Cleveland his inside presence from a rebounding persecutive and his shooting depth from 3 (and the spacing that brings) will be missed.

Bit surprised at his reaction and calling out of Olynk. I don't personally think it was deliberate, but it's hard to know I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I still think Cleveland take care of that series. It goes 6, tops. I can see it playing out like the Heat/Pacers 2nd round a few years back where the Pacers gave them an almighty scare before the Heat copped on and took the last two with ease. For whatever reason, maybe due to the unrest around Thibs, the Bulls are making hard work of a series that should be in the can by now. I don't see them beating Playoff LeBron and 2015 Kyrie four times, or even three.

• Advertisement

Yup, that's a huge leveller. Though Love hasn't been at superstar status since moving to Cleveland his inside presence from a rebounding persecutive and his shooting depth from 3 (and the spacing that brings) will be missed.

Bit surprised at his reaction and calling out of Olynk. I don't personally think it was deliberate, but it's hard to know I guess.

His reaction doesn't surprise me, Love is known as a "difficult" player around the league. His relationship with his teammates and front office at Minesota was borderline toxic in the last 2 seasons. I've heard Simmons say on his podcast that he's s but of an outcast, and he hasn't integrated that well with his new teammates in Cleveland either. Love seems to love(excuse the pun) himself and have a big ego, and to be honest if you were to ask me to name a player who would come out with a comment like he has about Olynk, I would have said Love.

leggo wrote: »
    I still think Cleveland take care of that series. It goes 6, tops. I can see it playing out like the Heat/Pacers 2nd round a few years back where the Pacers gave them an almighty scare before the Heat copped on and took the last two with ease. For whatever reason, maybe due to the unrest around Thibs, the Bulls are making hard work of a series that should be in the can by now. I don't see them beating Playoff LeBron and 2015 Kyrie four times, or even three.
    Disagree strongly. I'll write a proper response tomorrow to this, but in the meantime all I'll say is " Spacing, Size and depth." A game changer imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Disagree strongly. I'll write a proper response tomorrow to this, but in the meantime all I'll say is " Spacing, Size and depth." A game changer imo

Cavs also won the regular season 4-1. Yeah, that mightn't count for much, but the playoffs tend to be won more on "Who has the best player?" and the Cavs have the best in the world and Kyrie, possibly top 10 right now. Rose and Butler would prob be top 20 in the league on current form. Even if you say, "Yeah but Cleveland had Love playing then," that forgets to take into account that he was pretty ineffective until recently.

You can probably come up with a compelling argument to sway me a little, and I'd be happy to buy into it for the sake of enjoying the series, but I bet it still goes 6 (tops) regardless. LeBron and Kyrie will carry the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

3 teams I banked on last night all lost #cursed:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jr smith is going to miss games for being a thug. And he has previous form.

only one game :eek:

His reaction doesn't surprise me, Love is known as a "difficult" player around the league. His relationship with his teammates and front office at Minesota was borderline toxic in the last 2 seasons. I've heard Simmons say on his podcast that he's s but of an outcast, and he hasn't integrated that well with his new teammates in Cleveland either. Love seems to love(excuse the pun) himself and have a big ego, and to be honest if you were to ask me to name a player who would come out with a comment like he has about Olynk, I would have said Love.

Yeah I know all that but still it's a huge step above even that again to say a fellow pro tried to injure you deliberately. I don't get Love at times, huge talent but something about his attitude stinks. I greatly admire his skill set but he plays zero D and seems to have been unable to play the 3rd option role after being "the man" for so long. It probably didn't help that this happened against Boston as he flirted with them last year and should have gone there in my opinion (and I say that as a C's Fan) as he'd have been option 1 and under a very good coach. I know he says he's committed to Cleveland but it will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

D2D wrote: »
    3 teams I banked on last night all lost #cursed:(

Yup, cost me a small fortune, esp. the Grizzlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The basketball viewing continued last night with Brooklyn vs Atlanta.

I loved every minute of it. Absolutely enthralling stuff. The momentum swings are insane in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If the Bulls don't cop on quickly, they might not even be playing in the second round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

love likely to miss the entire playoffs apparently

Advertisement