Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 NBA Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Is it time to bring up that missed goaltending call on the Clips from the 1st half?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Wowowow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Unbelievable play by Paul, that should do it for the Clippers. Will take a miracle now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

What a shot by CP3

• Advertisement

LOL what a fcuk up.

That could psyche the Spurs out.

Thats BS right there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

What. A. Game.

Not sure about that last play. You have to go for 3.

Anyway, what a game. Best I've seen in a long time. Well done Clippers.

What a ridiculous series. Congrats to the clippers. CP3 was ridiculous

Tim Duncan is unbelievable

• Advertisement

Ginobili's last game surely. He looked a spent force.

No shame in that. He will be a HOF'er

What a ****ty way to end the best series I've ever seen. The Clippers got to see the Spurs play and then adjust and defend it. That wasn't an inadvertent whistle, that was the buzzer going off just before the ball came in, from the clippers scorer table. Leaves s sour taste. Fair play to the Clippers, there a hell of a team and will put it up to the Dubs

Can't even deal with the thought that that could be the last time we see Tim Duncan on an NBA court.

buyer95 wrote: »
    What a ****ty way to end the best series I've ever seen. The Clippers got to see the Spurs play and then adjust and defend it. That wasn't an inadvertent whistle, that was the buzzer going off just before the ball came in, from the clippers scorer table. Leaves s sour taste. Fair play to the Clippers, there a hell of a team and will put it up to the Dubs

Yep, Pop will rightfully be pissed off after this.

As great as a game it was, that's little consolation to Pop. The missed goaltending call was horrific. Cost them in the end, along with the highly dubious call on Duncan late on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

don't want to say i told you so and yes i was serious...

FBYEUYD.jpg

Well done Nostradamus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I don't like moaning about officiating but I can think of 3 calls that really messed it up for the Spurs.

To be fair, other than that, the Spurs let themselves down by missing easy layups. Duncan bricking 2 FTs in a row, Kawhi playing below par. Giving up rebounds easily. You think they would learn after 2013. The Clippers did play great. Made their shots when they needed to etc. so fair play.

Pop cheerful enough in the post game interview.
    We'll probably come back. The pay cheque is pretty good.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Yep, Pop will rightfully be pissed off after this.

As great as a game it was, that's little consolation to Pop. The missed goaltending call was horrific. Cost them in the end, along with the highly dubious call on Duncan late on.

Pop copped it straight away and went after the clippers scorers table guys. They knew exactly what they were doing. There was no reason for them to set off the buzzer, other then to stop Boris checking in the ball so LA could get a look at the Spurs play. Can't blame the clippers players though, they were amazing. Has to be one of the most even series of all times. Accumulated final score after 7 games is 724-721 to the Spurs. Congrats to the Clippers, but they had some huge calls go there way. Timmy didn't lay a finger on CP3 on that foul at the end, they missed the goal tend and then the scorers table bs at the end.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    don't want to say i told you so and yes i was serious...

FBYEUYD.jpg

Brave call.. if you had money on it. Spurs have history of doing this, winning it all and following it up with a round 1 loss, so it's not entirely shocking in that context.

And all you said was "could", lol.

Game 6 cost them more than anything IMO. To come out with some poor effort in a close out game on home floor was ridiculous. They just let the Clippers take over in the second half. Gave the Clippers new life.

I think today, the spell where Paul was out and they didn't extend the lead is what will annoy Pop most.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

I don't like moaning about officiating but I can think of 3 calls that really messed it up for the Spurs.

To be fair, other than that, the Spurs let themselves down by missing easy layups. Duncan bricking 2 FTs in a row, Kawhi playing below par. Giving up rebounds easily. You think they would learn after 2013. The Clippers did play great. Made their shots when they needed to etc. so fair play.

Pop cheerful enough in the post game interview.

A part of me thinks that Duncan missed one free throw intentionally, remember the one that they got an offensive rebound and scored a basket

Spurs definitely should have finished them.

Definitely a game of inches or half inches.

Just finished it there.

I think ultimately the Clippers will be undone on the boards.

They have nobody to grab any second chance points, Jordan is basically fighting 2/3/4 trying to tip it out while other teams will have 2/3 crashing the boards.

It was the same in every game, with only really Matt Barnes standing out as taking any for the Clippers.
    Blake offers little in this regard.

It's a bit easier to manage defensively but again there's just too much reliance on Jordan to take the boards.

It possibly cost them the game 4(?) where they messed up after the Spurs missed FT which effectively ended the game.

Crawford has been his usual self again in the play offs..... more a negative than a positive.
    Just shoots far too many tough shots and all too often early in the shot clock.
    Reminds me of JR with New York, great for the crowd but it's toxic at this time of year and I'd be looking to move him on if they could get a big man for him.

Would be an amazing feat if they can pull it off but there's just far too many passengers in the squad and if CP3 or Blake have an off game there's almost certainly in trouble.

If I was in control, I'd wager resigning Jordan solely on whether the NBA changes the Hack A Jordan rule.
    He's too expensive of a luxury when teams can get him out for periods without anyone in reserve to come in and be a presence under the rim.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saw Kevin Arnovitz of ESPN tweet that the Hawks starters have only been on the court together tonight for 12 of a possible 40 minutes. Strange.

Yeah, Wizards win 104-98. Looks an even worse decision now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Wizards take Game 1 in Atlanta, 104-98. Hawks blew it in the second half, were just ice cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I have:

Wizards in 6
    Cavs in 6
    GSW in 5
    Rockets in 7

Stuck on a €5 acca earlier (tweeted it too when I did so not jumping on the Wiz bandwagon after their win).

Outrageous 3 point shooting from GSW

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Outrageous 3 point shooting from GSW

Not really, they've been doing that all year (and the last number of years to be fair).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Memphis just looked so flat without Conley, for a team that was supposed to dominate in the paint, they were out hussled. I was kind of disapointed in them and iam a Warriors fan, Warriors did shoot extremely well and never really let them in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Memphis just looked so flat without Conley, for a team that was supposed to dominate in the paint, they were out hussled. I was kind of disapointed in them and iam a Warriors fan, Warriors did shoot extremely well and never really let them in the game.

It was a beat down. Won't happen all series and as you point out, they're not the same without Conley. It's a horrible match up for GSW on paper, but they got off to a pretty good start. I see GSW winning in 6, but wouldn't be surprised if it goes 7.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Curry has won MVP, terrific season all around. First PG since Magic to lead his team in scoring in a 65 win season.

Advertisement