Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Deere engines in all them Claas yokes, up till this year.....

What are they gone to now.....I seen on another forum a man that deos heads for a living put up pics of a class head and the finish from factory was terrible and they wonder why there blowing gaskets???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Gone to Fiat Power Train engines since last summer.
    Deere have always built their European engines in Saran in France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

You want some horsepower infront of this yoke. This was the mower the local Agricultural college had. they get special deals from manufacturers in Germany to use and trial new products

dEVzzWPl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Reggie. wrote: »
    Twin beacon alert

zlOHXVdl.jpg

bGnoh68l.jpg

Not a bad looking yoke.
    I'd prefer beacons on back of cab though

• Registered Users Posts: 24,366 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Not a bad looking yoke.
    I'd prefer beacons on back of cab though

You'll upgrade yet gg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

You'll upgrade yet gg

Definitely not the other tractor is barely used any more

Definitely not the other tractor is barely used any more

Hedgecutter only

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

You want some horsepower infront of this yoke. This was the mower the local Agricultural college had. they get special deals from manufacturers in Germany to use and trial new products

dEVzzWPl.jpg

Weren't they 16ft mowers? 2 contractors had them here. Not for long though. Needed another tractor on the rake as they left single swarths.
    Used to eat U joints and pto stub shafts for fun from what i heard. Rare sight now I'd say

Be some job to get it through a 12ft gate off a road id say

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

The wee set up.

HFw3Iyxl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Only a donkey of a yoke. Butterfly mowers much easier to manoeuvre and take wider cut. Half the day gone taking that yoke up and down off the trailer but some lads would be in their element at it and all the while the silage still standing!!

Muckit wrote: »
    Only a donkey of a yoke. Butterfly mowers much easier to manoeuvre and take wider cut. Half the day gone taking that yoke up and down off the trailer but some lads would be in their element at it and all the while the silage still standing!!

there's no trailer. the roads wheels lift up an the drawbar swings around to the field position. in approx 25 to 30 seconds. its built fir the wide ebtrances and flat fields of Germany and France. they were never ment to be for the UK or Ireland, but the dealerships wanted them a a toy/showpiece. This machine had 2 seasons done and the picture was taken in September 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

there's no trailer. the roads wheels lift up an the drawbar swings around to the field position. in approx 25 to 30 seconds. its built fir the wide ebtrances and flat fields of Germany and France. they were never ment to be for the UK or Ireland, but the dealerships wanted them a a toy/showpiece. This machine had 2 seasons done and the picture was taken in September 2010

A red one something like it (Taarup I think) cut silage here for a couple of years, but narrow entrances on to narrow roads wasn't a problem to it, they just used the drawbar as a kind of steering axle. It was a 15ft cut, the one in the pic looks more, but there was a swarther as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

rangler1 wrote: »
    A red one something like it (Taarup I think) cut silage here for a couple of years, but narrow entrances on to narrow roads wasn't a problem to it, they just used the drawbar as a kind of steering axle. It was a 15ft cut, the one in the pic looks more, but there was a swarther as well

90% of lads using a trailed mower haven't a clue how to pull one along or get hem into narrow entrances. Would only need the road to be as wide as mower is long and entrance to be 6" wider to get it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Once you're turning left into the field you're grand most of the time. Use the ram to steer the mower through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

No point in me putting up a pic of what I have at home, so here's some blue for Reggie.

Nearly 20 years ago when I was a harvest student in England. One of the best machines I ever drove (6640) super handy tractor for all kinds of work, tried to cajole the father to buy one when I came home but they were very rare here.

And what has to be the worst yoke I ever set foot in (Sanderson) straw stacking bales and filling a grain drier, loading chicken shyte with no air con is not pleasant in 30 deg heat. Not a day went past that she didn't burst a seal or a hose...

The F140 was a hoor of a cumbersome tractor, but she was great for ploughing as she could grip something super, fastract was kept on the baler and others were mostly used for feeding and spraying.

ijMoQfnl.jpg?1

hf1PJlIl.jpg?1

DhOXNiKl.jpg?1

No point in me putting up a pic of what I have at home, so here's some blue for Reggie.

Nearly 20 years ago when I was a harvest student in England. One of the best machines I ever drove (6640) super handy tractor for all kinds of work, tried to cajole the father to buy one when I came home but they were very rare here.

And what has to be the worst yoke I ever set foot in (Sanderson) straw stacking bales and filling a grain drier, loading chicken shyte with no air con is not pleasant in 30 deg heat. Not a day went past that she didn't burst a seal or a hose...

The F140 was a hoor of a cumbersome tractor, but she was great for ploughing as she could grip something super, fastract was kept on the baler and others were mostly used for feeding and spraying.

ijMoQfnl.jpg?1

hf1PJlIl.jpg?1

DhOXNiKl.jpg?1

Nice except for the blue :P

I helped out on this maize harvest one weekend in Germany as i had nothing eslse to do and they were looking for help. They love fendt in Southern Germany but have a good few Styer also. The wagons are massive coupled with flotation tires that are about 2 foot wide.

tIm1X3xl.jpg

2UQ57lxl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

I helped out on this maize harvest one weekend in Germany as i had nothing eslse to do and they were looking for help. They love fendt in Southern Germany but have a good few Styer also. The wagons are massive coupled with flotation tires that are about 2 foot wide.

The wee fendt in the second picture looks tiny infront of the wagon!

C0N0R wrote: »
    The wee fendt in the second picture looks tiny infront of the wagon!

The "wee" fendt is a 818 and the big bus was a 930 or a 936, i cant remember which.

• Advertisement

This one of the Styers. I dont know much about them, but i think they have a lot of Agco parts. This has an ordinary tipping trailer, which i dint see many of in Germany.

0eyRwpZl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

This one of the Styers. I dont know much about them, but i think they have a lot of Agco parts. This has an ordinary tipping trailer, which i dint see many of in Germany.

0eyRwpZl.jpg

Same as a Case CVX or New Holland TVT.
    No AGCO in them. Steyr owned by CNH.

Dawggone wrote: »
    Same as a Case CVX or New Holland TVT.
    No AGCO in them. Steyr owned by CNH.

I'm busted... a bull****ter will always get caught out by someone that knows what they are on about

I'm busted... a bull****ter will always get caught out by someone that knows what they are on about

There's always someone in this world that knows a little more than you or can do something a little better than you darragh. Learned that a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Does anyone know anythibg about linder tractors in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Man of Aran

Or as John Wayne supposedly said " never try to bulshxx a cowboy, pardner"
    :)

Just feeding the habit here at the minute :)

S5clWJMl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

Just feeding the habit here at the minute :)

S5clWJMl.jpg

are you in tullamore at the plant show ??

are you in tullamore at the plant show ??

I was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Just a taster for the diesel heads..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement