Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭yellow50HX

Kovu wrote: »
    If we took all your half built things and stuck them together, would we get a Transformer? :D

strange-russian-tractor.jpg

Reckon you would need 4 people to operate the controls to make it move, tight squeeze in the cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭White Clover

mengele wrote: »
    close that back window. know a lad that a hydraulic top link on it and for some reason it went wrong and ram went in and pulled post driver back and broke the window. that was a 7740 though with a big back window.

+1. U'd be put off the tractor around here if you were seen going around with the back window open !!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

I almost killed one of my drivers one day over driving around with the back window open

a feckin 80 grand tractor with aircon ! and he has the aircon on full blast and all windows open and dust everywhere

jesus im in a bad mood now after remembering it

on another occasion a few years ago I had a man spreading fertiliser for me and he obviously had the back window open all day, I swear to god the tractor started rusting from the inside out ever since

I have encountered so many apes on machinery over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I'd have to back window open most of the time, close it I'm gonna be travelling at speed over bumpy ground(like drawing bales)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

mengele wrote: »
    close that back window. know a lad that a hydraulic top link on it and for some reason it went wrong and ram went in and pulled post driver back and broke the window. that was a 7740 though with a big back window.

It can't as the whole hydrailuc block locks up when the lever ain't pulled inside the tractor so nothing can move on it.

• Advertisement

I almost killed one of my drivers one day over driving around with the back window open

a feckin 80 grand tractor with aircon ! and he has the aircon on full blast and all windows open and dust everywhere

on another occasion a few years ago I had a man spreading fertiliser for me and he obviously had the back window open all day, I swear to god the tractor started rusting from the inside out ever since

5 mins a day to give the glass a wipe down. When it's done daily the s**t doesn't be welded to it

I always work the tractor with the window open where possible. Can't see how that would make someone an ape or poor reflection on their driving ability. Have that tractor 9 years now and never broke a window in it yet even with the rear one open 90% of the time

Reggie. wrote: »
    I always work the tractor with the window open where possible. Can't see how that would make someone an ape or poor reflection on their driving ability. Have that tractor 9 years now and never broke a window in it yet even with the rear one open 90% of the time

its not the window its all the electrics in modern tractors
    forked out money for ecu's on newish tractors and I am not doing that again because its €€€€€€

dust plays hell with electrics

youd fel my pain if you were running newer machinery

never seen any of my contractors with the window open either no matter what they are at, and that speaks volumes

• Registered Users Posts: 29,220 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

We gave up replacing back window in 390t. Bale grab was worst offender

its not the window its all the electrics in modern tractors
    forked out money for ecu's on newish tractors and I am not doing that again because its €€€€€€

dust plays hell with electrics

youd fel my pain if you were running newer machinery

never seen any of my contractors with the window open either no matter what they are at, and that speaks volumes

So it's only because I've old machinery that I'm getting away with not having trouble with having my back window open while working!!!

Don't agree with that at all. See many people here. Contractors included. Worked with contractors for years and drove a wide variety of machines but was never told my habits were wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

I wish I had a tractor with a back window.

whelan2 wrote: »

Bale grab or driver ;-)

Bale grab or driver ;-)
    A bad workman/woman always blames his tools. Hated reversing into silage trailers too as the hitch was very hard to see. Window broke a few times like that not just by me

Reggie. wrote: »
    So it's only because I've old machinery that I'm getting away with not having trouble with having my back window open while working!!!

Don't agree with that at all. See many people here. Contractors included. Worked with contractors for years and drove a wide variety of machines but was never told my habits were wrong.

im not trying to have a go at you reggie

you can drive your own tractor what ever way you like

but if you are on my farm working my machinery you will get a fierce sour look from me if I see ya with the window open , ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Mowing, I'd have the back window open for the first lap of the field and for tedding and raking first round. I've a habit of opening the back window when reversing a load of silage in or putting on an implement other than that shut the whole time unless aircon ain't working, even still rather have it shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Backing into cattle trailer with drawbar on the ground and broke back glass on 7740 , boss man went ape shlt
    Guess what not a month later he did the same thing himself ,turned out the trailer had a short drawbar .

cute geoge wrote: »
    Backing into cattle trailer with drawbar on the ground and broke back glass on 7740 , boss man went ape shlt
    Guess what not a month later he did the same thing himself ,turned out the trailer had a short drawbar .

so for the price of 2 back windows ye could have bought a telescopic pick up hitch

im only sayin
    not tryin to start a war

telescopic pick up is a great invention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

so for the price of 2 back windows ye could have bought a telescopic pick up hitch

im only sayin
    not tryin to start a war

telescopic pick up is a great invention
    Or else put a mirror on the mudguard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

C0N0R wrote: »
    Mowing, I'd have the back window open for the first lap of the field and for tedding and raking first round. I've a habit of opening the back window when reversing a load of silage in or putting on an implement other than that shut the whole time unless aircon ain't working, even still rather have it shut.

Same as this.. Never leave back window open working , dust, noise and heat from the back end (the tractors..) way more comfortable with it closed..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

whelan2 wrote: »

Have the clutch side door off the 390t loader tractor here with three years, in and out of it all day and couldn't be arsed opening and closing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I see your point about the dust alright. However like onyerbikepat above, ours lost it a long time ago, then the replacement cracked perspex was repaired with screws and even that didn't keep it from being fecked off one day. It had to be held open by pliers by that time anyway.

Now we have one door. Tied shut and removed in summer. The other door is in perfect condition as it actually still has a latch. :D

LHS door of digger is always open when working, only time I would close it is if it was raining into the cab.

Bottom half window of tractor is always tied up when working but window is almost in the closed position unless it's summer time and warm. Hard to see what's going on with in closed. That said I'll leave it closed when rotovating or doing other dusty work.

Don't have aircon ( wll,actually I do but it only works at full speed) so will open side windows to stop the windows from misting up when it's raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

yellow50HX wrote: »
    LHS door of digger is always open when working, only time I would close it is if it was raining into the cab.

Bottom half window of tractor is always tied up when working but window is almost in the closed position unless it's summer time and warm. Hard to see what's going on with in closed. That said I'll leave it closed when rotovating or doing other dusty work.

Don't have aircon ( wll,actually I do but it only works at full speed) so will open side windows to stop the windows from misting up when it's raining.

Its low in gas.

I would love to have a first world tractor

dzer2 wrote: »
    Its low in gas.

I would love to have a first world tractor

Plenty of gas, it's the switch was banjaxed, haven't checked it for a few years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Plenty of gas, it's the switch was banjaxed, haven't checked it for a few years now.

It's doubtful it's the switch....near certain it'll be the resister

caught the door of our 3cx -well it wasnt me- a few weeks ago, had to get jcb man out to straighten door and put in new glass and catch:cool: door is closeed now when driving around yard

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

You can hear the silky smooth purr of a straight six Deere much better with the door/window open....
    Just saying like...

If you have a rattley oul perkins, close them surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Zoo4m8 wrote: »
    Same as this.. Never leave back window open working , dust, noise and heat from the back end (the tractors..) way more comfortable with it closed..

Actually had to power harrow for drilling maize once with no back window, you can imagine how dusty that got, more soil in the bottom of the shower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Only time back window is closed here is when we're on the road or there not being used. I hate to see a tractor sitting in yard with the window open. Window open for everything from spreading fert to drawing bales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Only time back window is closed here is when we're on the road or there not being used. I hate to see a tractor sitting in yard with the window open. Window open for everything from spreading fert to drawing bales.

Ah yes but your in the sunny south east.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement