Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Is she a 5612 ?

She is a 5610

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Reggie. wrote: »
    Yours is the 4612 gg

Mines 5610

She is a 5610

She looks alot bulkier than ours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Dawggone wrote: »
    Take a chill pill there Reggie!
    Enough with the schoolyard name calling!! :)

Phew glad your not my neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Take a chill pill there Reggie!
    Enough with the schoolyard name calling!! :)

Well I'm not the first to say it and I bet I won't be the last.

• Advertisement

Mines 5610

Was looking at one today. They are bigger than you think

Was looking at one today. They are bigger than you think

Wheel size make a big diff to how they look. 34s on ours this foxers has 38S?

She looks alot bulkier than ours

I got the bigger wheels on it for working on straw rows, makes it look a bit bulkier but wouldn't change back to standards for love nor money. Make it more solid with the loader too

540 65s on her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

Well I'm not the first to say it and I bet I won't be the last.[/quote

Keyboard warrior? :)
    With the chance of the breakup of the 'British Empire' on the cards you may be closer to being a real warrior than you realise...
    We may be a lot closer to having to protect our own borders real soon...

• Advertisement

Wheel size make a big diff to how they look. 34s on ours this foxers has 38S?

I know what ya mean. The large wheels on the 398 make her as wide as hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Jaysus lads, cool the jets there please!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Well I'm not the first to say it and I bet I won't be the last.
    Well I'm not the first to say it and I bet I won't be the last.[/quote

Keyboard warrior? :)
    With the chance of the breakup of the 'British Empire' on the cards you may be closer to being a real warrior than you realise...
    We may be a lot closer to having to protect our own borders real soon...

Have to agree with Reggie on this one, Yes they are only machines and nobody was hurt nor life lost, But we all know It's not just an insurance job, The contractor may not be covered for consequential loss, and with one digger burnt out, another damaged, a tractor wrecked and a turf hopper needing to be reshod, It'll be a big claim.

On another point, Im more of an occasional visitor than a regular poster here,but even I've noticed more than one occasion where you two have been throwing digs at each other, Ye're not kids like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Have to agree with Reggie on this one, Yes they are only machines and nobody was hurt nor life lost, But we all know It's not just an insurance job, The contractor may not be covered for consequential loss, and with one digger burnt out, another damaged, a tractor wrecked and a turf hopper needing to be reshod, It'll be a big claim.

On another point, Im more of an occasional visitor than a regular poster here,but even I've noticed more than one occasion where you two have been throwing digs at each other, Ye're not kids like?

Of course its a big loss to anyone when machinery gets damaged like that but there are far worse things happening in this country that insurance or money can't replace .

My digger got burnt to a crisp two summers ago and i hadn't it insured , it was a sickner when scrap value was all i had to trade against another but that was my own fault . We had a sick child a few months ago that really put things in perspective, all the machinery or money in the world could have burned and it pales in insignificance to things like that

Bullocks wrote: »
    pajero12 wrote: »

My digger got burnt to a crisp two summers ago and i hadn't it insured , it was a sickner when scrap value was all i had to trade against another but that was my own fault . We had a sick child a few months ago that really put things in perspective, all the machinery or money in the world could have burned and it pales in insignificance to things like that

I completely understand where your coming from bullocks but at the short time after the incident I bet you were annoyed as hell. You never mentioned if it was an accident or deliberately done. The thoughts of someone doing that out of badness to something that I owned would drive me mad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I completely understand where your coming from bullocks but at the short time after the incident I bet you were annoyed as hell. You never mentioned if it was an accident or deliberately done. The thoughts of someone doing that out of badness to something that I owned would drive me mad

It was lit , I was annoyed alright but know that things can be alot worse .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Everyone's machinery is at a potential risk when parked in a public place. Insure insure insure and hope for the best.

I've come out from the mart on more than one occasion to find the winders opened on the ramp. Springs keep it up until a bounce on the road, then down on the bonnet of a car. I always remove the toplink But lift arms etc are fair game if alad was bad/mad enough.

But nobody ever wins out of insurance claim. Downtime, inconvenience and the stress alone.

The smashing of a few windows l wouldn't worry about Once the machine worked. Insurance would fit these on site in an hour while he's ating the sandwiches. A few vandal guards would prevent any future damage. on the plus side he won't need to change the wiper blade in the meantime. .

Muckit wrote: »
    Everyone's machinery is at a potential risk when parked in a public place. Insure insure insure and hope for the best.

I've come out from the mart on more than one occasion to find the winders opened on the ramp. Springs keep it up until a bounce on the road, then down on the bonnet of a car. I always remove the toplink But lift arms etc are fair game if alad was bad/mad enough.

But nobody ever wins out of insurance claim. Downtime, inconvenience and the stress alone.

The smashing of a few windows l wouldn't worry about Once the machine worked. Insurance would fit these on site in an hour while he's ating the sandwiches. A few vandal guards would prevent any future damage. on the plus side he won't need to change the wiper blade in the meantime. .

And what about the burnt out machine Muckit and found out last night that they messed up the other diggers control real good. The cables or something so now he is left with nothing to load with even tho he has the tractors windows replaced after the sandwiches and insurance don't work overnight so what's he to do in the meantime

Say I'm overreacting or whatever but when I had to go to a man yesterday and try to chat him when his whole live hood was nearly wiped out in a blink. He was shaking with the fear of what else would happen. I'm finding some of the reply to this man's plight terrible. He lost his brother last year handling stock and now this a year later.

I hope none of you lot ever have the color of this hardship put on you but completely disgusted with the attitude so people have of "sure he'll be grand". People have taken their own lives over less but unfortunately that seems to be boards lately that if you ain't farming like the general consensus or the big lads your doing it wrong.

Once the cows are ok **** everything else is the main attitude here too it seems. Well for the narrow minded here, some guys make a living from machinery. Sure where else do your contractors come from that save you buying your own machines.

Ah but sure what about it. Us lads who like operating machinery for ye farmers are only here for your service and sure if something goes wrong, Ah its only an insurance job or you should have known better. Not all of us make a living from the cows.

Disappointed in people, very disappointed but that seems to be boards of late.any wonder the old guard left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

And what about the burnt out machine Muckit and found out last night that they messed up the other diggers control real good. The cables or something so now he is left with nothing to load with even tho he has the tractors windows replaced after the sandwiches and insurance don't work overnight so what's he to do in the meantime

Say I'm overreacting or whatever but when I had to go to a man yesterday and try to chat him when his whole live hood was nearly wiped out in a blink. He was shaking with the fear of what else would happen. I'm finding some of the reply to this man's plight terrible. He lost his brother last year handling stock and now this a year later.

I hope none of you lot ever have the color of this hardship put on you but completely disgusted with the attitude so people have of "sure he'll be grand". People have taken their own lives over less but unfortunately that seems to be boards lately that if you ain't farming like the general consensus or the big lads your doing it wrong.

Once the cows are ok **** everything else is the main attitude here too it seems. Well for the narrow minded here, some guys make a living from machinery. Sure where else do your contractors come from that save you buying your own machines.

Ah but sure what about it. Us lads who like operating machinery for ye farmers are only here for your service and sure if something goes wrong, Ah its only an insurance job or you should have known better. Not all of us make a living from the cows.

Disappointed in people, very disappointed but that seems to be boards of late.any wonder the old guard left.

Put it this way. If a lad had 150cows, a massive set up everything going right, breeding down to a T the way he always wanted. Grass and soil index perfect. Years and years of breeding and reseeding and blood sweat and tears put into it!! One REACTOR blood test. Lose 49 cows. Second test 5 reactors and PB Hereford bull gone. Have to slaughter rest of the cows and the two PB limo bulls. Have all animals gone bar 4 young cows 6 sucks and 14 replacements and have one clear test and then have a 8week old suck go down when everything thing else passed??? Not made up story. Was on the farm a few wks back. Saw the two pits of silage un-opened and thought what is going on here. Thats the same feeling this fella had yesterday morning.

Put it this way. If a lad had 150cows, a massive set up everything going right, breeding down to a T the way he always wanted. Grass and soil index perfect. Years and years of breeding and reseeding and blood sweat and tears put into it!! One REACTOR blood test. Lose 49 cows. Second test 5 reactors and PB Hereford bull gone. Have to slaughter rest of the cows and the two PB limo bulls. Have all animals gone bar 4 young cows 6 sucks and 14 replacements and have one clear test and then have a 8week old suck go down when everything thing else passed??? Not made up story. Was on the farm a few wks back. Saw the two pits of silage un-opened and thought what is going on here. Thats the same feeling this fella had yesterday morning.

Exactly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MFdaveIreland

On a lighter note.

Anyone at the grass yet ? getting a bit of a silage horn already ...

c6c34f41-0ea9-4564-85ae-07b9effbde20.jpg

On a lighter note.

Anyone at the grass yet ? getting a bit of a silage horn already ...

c6c34f41-0ea9-4564-85ae-07b9effbde20.jpg

Silage already cut in a few places around here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Greengrass I've removed your posts referring to your claim. I really don't think it's wise referring to it here when nothing has been settled yet. Can we carry on as normal please, Reggie I understand it's a very heartbreaking and tough situation for your friend but try to keep it civil.

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Yes nobody has died or is seriously ill.and if the man Reggie is on about had a death in the family or something else significant go wrong his current issue would pale into significance. But when ya take like with like then it obviously is heartbreaking for this man and his livelihood. Not fair when ya bring personal issues up against work related issues and start a slagging match over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Some pictures from a show I visited years ago in Holland.
    There is even one for Reggie............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Is that a V8 in the Massey?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭MfMan

Mines 5610

Any harm to ask ballpark price for it? Thinking of pricing, but don't need loader.

MfMan wrote: »
    Any harm to ask ballpark price for it? Thinking of pricing, but don't need loader.

74 I think is list price with loader. They come with loader brackets any way I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭MfMan

74 I think is list price with loader. They come with loader brackets any way I think

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement