Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaked Episodes [**Read Mod Warning - Post 1**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Why the fudge don't HBO just release the episodes online as PPV service? Something like 5-10 EUR an episode. 5 for SD, 10 for HD+.

It's an excellent series and IMHO I believe a lot of people would be happy to pay to watch it.

A season I think you mean. Similar to their own HBO Go service, only in America I believe however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Can't understand how some people are put off by by video quality, yet are happy to watch on Sky Atlantic with an ad break every 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

It's not really a spoiler, more of a light observation but I'll spoiler tag it anyway. Littlefinger's
    accent has shifted even more. He's become more Irish than even Aidan Gillen's own accent. If he drifts any further, he's going to sound like Darby O'Gill!

He wasn't able to get out of CJH mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Just as a precaution I've covered the tv in tin foil also.

And changed my name by deed poll.

Oh, and switched off the microwave.

Don't forget the all purpose contingency plan.

post-30199-pocket-sand-gif-Imgur-Tumblr-K-n1X5.gif

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

eeguy wrote: »
    Can't understand how some people are put off by by video quality, yet are happy to watch on Sky Atlantic with an ad break every 10 minutes.

Most will still download it in HD or record it so ads aren't an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

eeguy wrote: »

Record + fast forward on the ads

Torrenting is still better though since you have them forever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Paid the Iron price for these episodes :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Bryan Cogman has asked us that if we are gonna steal them, then don't talk about it on social media and forums!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Basil3 wrote: »
    Never thought there were people that would refuse to watch something unless it was in full HD, but here they are, and all in one place.

I wonder how long before they refuse to watch anything in 1080p?
    If there were 2160p or 4320p rips available, that were actually easily downloadable, then yes I would refuse to watch 1080p and instead watch the better quality. Why not?

I'm sure the quality of the leaked episodes is fine for most people. But the quality of a 3-6 GB 1080p file, watched on a 55" HDTV like mine, is incredible. I can wait, I can avoid spoilers, no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,340 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Bryan Cogman has asked us that if we are gonna steal them, then don't talk about it on social media and forums!

https://twitter.com/b_cogman/status/587363044306489345

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He said "Stay classy".

That immediately makes me disregard anything he has to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I'm sure the quality of the leaked episodes is fine for most people. But the quality of a 3-6 GB 1080p file, watched on a 55" HDTV like mine, is incredible. I can wait, I can avoid spoilers, no big deal.

Sorry to burst the old bubble but most people have the same technology as you but just aren't willing to wait. I've enjoyed watching all these episodes today and I'll watch them all in 1080p when they've aired too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

If there were 2160p or 4320p rips available, that were actually easily downloadable, then yes I would refuse to watch 1080p and instead watch the better quality. Why not?

Go elsewhere with your measure tape!

Brian Cogwell pic

Deadly, so when my ISP sends me a solicitor's letter I can just show them that tweet?

Brian Cogman pic

Deadly, so when my ISP sends me a solicitor's letter I can just show them that tweet?

Sorry to burst the old bubble but most people have the same technology as you but just aren't willing to wait. I've enjoyed watching all these episodes today and I'll watch them all in 1080p when they've aired too.
    Okay? Cool for you? Fantastic for you? I wasn't implying that others didn't have large TVs too, or have the technology to watch them in 1080p. I don't know why people are getting upset at my ability to wait for better quality. I always wait until the whole season airs anyways, so I can binge watch, like with The Walking Dead or any show. I'm not the only person who's waiting for 720p/1080p rips, and whatever the resolution, I would never watch something with a watermark anyways.

I also never watch DVDs anymore, only Blu-ray files. Don't shoot me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Just watched it on my projector on a section of the great wall of China, man have been about 512"..... picture quality was spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Prince Duran? PRINCE DURAN??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What sort of statement is that? He just professed an interest in waiting as he prefers to watch in HD. Where is this 'bubble' coming from? :confused:

Liamalone wrote: »
    Just watched it on my projector on a section of the great wall of China, man have been about 512"..... picture quality was spot on.
    Why are you even on forums? You should be writing for HBO comedies with wit like that. The satire, the parody, glorious work. A 512" screen? It's funny because it's too big! Comedy gold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

No I mean an episode.
    A season I think you mean. Similar to their own HBO Go service, only in America I believe however

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You're waiting for HD quality, we get it. IRS gone on for 3 pages now. Let someone else have a turn.

OSI wrote: »
    I've watched the first 2. I have to admit, the poor quality does make it less of a spectacle.

That goes without saying. I even watched one of the episodes....on my phone :eek:

Luckily, I enjoyed the storyline first time through. Second time in HD, I'll enjoy the spectacle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

So no sign of 5 and 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The press pack only had the first 4 episodes. I wouldn't expect any further leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

^ This. The first four complement each other nicely - bit like the first movie in a trilogy. Any more and I would suspect it was a genuine leak. As it stands, HBO have generated enough online buzz to last about....eh, a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

^ This. The first four complement each other nicely - bit like the first movie in a trilogy. Any more and I would suspect it was a genuine leak. As it stands, HBO have generated enough online buzz to last about....eh, a month.

Yeah, people will be halfway through their sub for this month so wont be rushing to cancel and they might get a nice boost for next months subs when the 5th episode comes out. I'm definitely suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Squatman

just got episode 5 & 6 there now. I'm about 10 mins into ep 5..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Squatman wrote: »

Get out of it - no they havent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Squatman wrote: »

Yup, you're doing what I did this morning....watching The Good Wife on a breakfast of mushrooms.
    If she turns into Jabba the Hutt and threatens to make you do things, go outdoors, take deep breathes and avoid traffic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement