Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaked Episodes [**Read Mod Warning - Post 1**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm actually surprised at the amount of people refusing to watch because of "the quality", which is actually grand...

Sure I'd still be happy with VHS quality if that's how they were released. None of this First World HD Problems for me... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Wasting a show like this on standard definition is very silly unless you have a CRT TV.

all this talk of hd 720p and 1080p for these leaked episodes is complete rubbish imo.its far from 1080p most of us were rared.

ive seen the quality of the four episodes and they are 100% watchable.
    and if anyone decides not to watch them because of the quality they are deluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭C0MM0D0RE64

I have all four episodes loaded up on my flashdrive ready to go, couldnt care a less about 1080 tbh, thats my sunday viewing sorted, thanks for the heads up gentlemen :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

crazygeryy wrote: »
    all this talk of hd 720p and 1080p for these leaked episodes is complete rubbish imo.its far from 1080p most of us were rared.

ive seen the quality of the four episodes and they are 100% watchable.
    and if anyone decides not to watch them because of the quality they are deluded.

Not saying they aren't watchable,just inferior...that's a fact, people wouldn't shell out for a large HD TV if it was the same as a CRT. I'm not deluded, just patient. Waiting over a month for the next episode is the biggest thing putting me off, would rather space them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,343 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AH now I had just signed up to HBO Now to watch this.

Then the go and leak it :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

camz09 wrote: »
    Hey guys, does anyone know where the scene with Bronn and his wife and jamie is located?? Somewhere in Northern Ireland perhaps? (I presume the castle was not CGI) Thanks!!

If people are going to start posting about parts of the episodes could they at least spolier them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭McGrath5

If people are going to start posting about parts of the episodes could they at least spolier them.

Yes, please please people spoiler any content from these episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

Wow, people here have no morals as all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Is it just the first four? Seeing a few reports on Twitter that the full season is in the wild. Someone done f'd up me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Is it just the first four? Seeing a few reports on Twitter that the full season is in the wild. Someone done f'd up me thinks.

It is only the first four. Anything masquerading as episode five onwards is a hoax.

I do hope that anyone downloading this has done so from a private rather than a public tracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I haven't even finished binging on Daredevil yet, and my sky planner is waiting for me to catchup on stuff too. I couldn't handle the pressure of having to watch 4 GoT episodes. One week at a time suits me graaaand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

petrolcan wrote: »
    It is only the first four. Anything masquerading as episode five onwards is a hoax.

I do hope that anyone downloading this has done so from a private rather than a public tracker.

Bit pointless so, only waiting to catch up. Weekly will do me just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I just watched the first episode and i dont know why people are complaining about the quality,it was near perfect for me just as good as HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Just found out about this now =)
    This is making study break very difficult :P

Mr.S wrote: »
    Are you kidding? 0 difference.

You carry on believing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Over 70,000 seeds on episode 1. I think you're fairly safe downloading it. Almost impossible to follow the sheer numbers downloading it.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Over 70,000 seeds on episode 1. I think you're fairly safe downloading it. Almost impossible to follow the sheer numbers downloading it.

Fairly easy to grab all the IP addresses in a download swarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

You carry on believing that.

well why don't you enlighten us.what is the difference?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

It's Sky Atlantic who'll be more affected and worried by these leaks I'd say because they depend almost entirely on the advertisements. Not saying HBO won't be affected as well but they depend more on subscriptions, of which they have est. 28m, so they already have their money and lots of people will probably still rewatch the episodes with them for the better quality. Really puzzled how this all happened though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

It's Sky Atlantic who'll be more affected and worried by these leaks I'd say because they depend almost entirely on the advertisements. Not saying HBO won't be affected as well but they depend more on subscriptions, of which they have est. 28m, so they already have their money and lots of people will probably still rewatch the episodes with them for the better quality. Really puzzled how this all happened though.

If I had to guess I'd say somebody uploaded the content from the press preview packs. Also that's what the OP said.

4 episodes seems like a lot.

Sky could possibly renegotiate the price with HBO if they wrote the contract correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

The watermark is probably traceable right?

crazygeryy wrote: »
    well why don't you enlighten us.what is the difference?

A good private tracker site will ensure the security of its users. Invite only making it highly unlikely that someone from the film industry is a member and even if they were, they'd have to maintain a healthy ratio to maintain membership.

IME, private tracker sites also have active forums with advice on setting up torrent clients easily available.

Many years ago, when I lived in a shared house, we got a threatening letter about the download of some film or other. Haven't used a public tracker since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Fairly easy to grab all the IP addresses in a download swarm.

Lol. Do u think HBO or sky are going to come knocking at my door over this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Many years ago, when I lived in a shared house, we got a threatening letter about the download of some film or other. Haven't used a public tracker since.

It was just that, a threatening letter. Nothing, bar maybe having your internet cut off, would come of it.

It was just that, a threatening letter. Nothing, bar maybe having your internet cut off, would come of it.

You're most likely correct but I'm not going to chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Tinfoil hat brigade out in force. The early summer sun must have gotten to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Tinfoil hat brigade out in force. The early summer sun must have gotten to them.

Just as a precaution I've covered the tv in tin foil also.

And changed my name by deed poll.

Oh, and switched off the microwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

^ The main TV forum is like a ghost town. It is a press pack - there was grumbling in the Sunday Times this morning about certain media being excluded from press previews. If that was going on worldwide, not a problem for a few of them to leak it.
    Nobody loses, the pirates will do what we do and the ardent fans will still fork out for the boxset. Not to mention a free publicity news item.

...now, back to episode 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lol. Do u think HBO or sky are going to come knocking at my door over this?

If they do, demand a trial by combat.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gk4qBPo.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement