Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaked Episodes [**Read Mod Warning - Post 1**]

Options

Comments

Mr.S wrote: »
    Like wise with a private tracker :confused: Look at the member numbers of all the major private sites, they are not exactly, exclusive.

Irish ISP's won't do a tap. That's my point!

But if you think that by being part of a private site is reducing your overall trace of copyright infringement, you need to take internet 101 again ;)

It's an interesting topic. I got a letter while in the UK about copyright infringement, but it was just a shady law firm that sent out thousands of threatening letters, and relied on a 5% hit on people who would settle.

I have friends in Germany, and over there it's up to you to prove that you didn't download something. Not quite sure how that works, but anyway.

In any case, I pay for Sky Atlantic, so wouldn't feel too guilty if I was to download.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Just saw dragons flying over dublin searching for people who watched these leaked episodes !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

On episode 3.
    The quality is absolutely fine, no complaints whatsoever.
    As regards the content of the episodes themselves, I won't go into great detail but
    by episode 3 there is a significant change from the books. I haven't read the books but I've read a good bit of their content online and I know that this storyline is completely different to the books

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

The watermark is probably traceable right?

I read the watermarks have been blurred out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

ps3lover wrote: »
    I read the watermarks have been blurred out.

They have been. There is a rectangular mark in the bottom left hand corner of the screen which probably once contained text of some kind but it has been distorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I don't have Sky Atlantic or HBO Go and I'm also guilt free.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Pretty sure a HBO producer (or something or other) came out publicly a while back and stated that they actually don't mind about it being pirated because it brings their material into the eyes of a wider audience.

It's a good point. Without streams and online downloads I don't think many people would be able to access HBO material as easily. Seeing the quality of show they make might convince a few folks to pay for a subscription (once they can afford it) so they can have it on demand.

Edit: I watched episode one earlier. I have to say the quality was pretty good. I'm extremely jealous of the technology others on this thread have if they can't bring themselves to watch GOT in the quality of those leaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭jaysblades

Well someone ****ed up folks they have released episode 1 of season 5

Mod Warning: Anyone who asks for links, asks for PM, says "PM sent" gets banned from this forum for 3 months (which will cover the whole season).

First, last and only warning.

Send me the link please . Up yours adolf mod

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Summer is coming.

See you in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PressRun

I've watched two of the new episodes. Absolutely no problems whatsoever with the quality. I don't understand why anyone would be complaining on that front.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

So should we make a start on the episode threads then?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Given the end of episode 4 I'd be sceptical of this being a big publicity stunt as it has the only real cliffhanger ending of the 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Is there going to be an episode 1-4 discussion thread any time soon? Lots to talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PressRun

Would it be better to have separate threads for the different episodes rather than putting 1-4 in one thread since not everyone is going to be caught up at the same time? I'm sure there are people who are going to wait for the episodes to be shown on television who would also want to take part in the discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Liam O wrote: »
    Given the end of episode 4 I'd be sceptical of this being a big publicity stunt as it has the only real cliffhanger ending of the 4.

Would you mind posting spoilers please.. FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Would you mind posting spoilers please.. FFS

I don't mind actually, I should have told you about the phone call that Cersei made at 4am to Daenarys while off her head on coke talking about being Jon Snows mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

PressRun wrote: »
    I've watched two of the new episodes. Absolutely no problems whatsoever with the quality. I don't understand why anyone would be complaining on that front.

After about five minutes it's not even an issue, I've seen the four episodes and the only thing that reminded me that I wasn't watchin them on tv was the banner that kept popping advertising the website. I can only imagine the people giving out about the quality are too young to remember video tapes..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Can a mod Verify whether we are allowed to discuss openly what happened in the 4 episodes ?

Can a mod Verify whether we are allowed to discuss openly what happened in the 4 episodes ?

Start a thread with a warning in the title that the first four episodes will be discussed..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

GerB40 wrote: »
    Start a thread with a warning in the title that the first four episodes will be discussed..

Should be 4 individual threads no?

Each episode will get a thread eventually, and people will catch up at various times.

• Advertisement

Essien wrote: »

Each episode will get a thread eventually, and people will catch up at various times.

Yes, I agree with this.

I'd imagine anyone who saw the episodes would have seen all four but there's no way of knowing that. I'm mad to discuss them too but I don't mind waiting until they've aired to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

i wonder who did it ? :)

Find out in season 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Could always throw up the 4 threads and anyone who has seen all 4 can discuss in thread 4 about what has happened if it applies to the series so far in general..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Makes more sense to do all 4 in one surely, anyone who downloads them will likely watch them all, anyone who wants to wait for better versions or watch them on TV can then start individual threads as each one airs?

I'd imagine anyone who saw the episodes would have seen all four but there's no way of knowing that. I'm mad to discuss them too but I don't mind waiting until they've aired to do so.

I simply wouldn't have the time to binge watch all at once so will watch over the course of the next week or so.

I'd barely have time for even an hour of tv most nights so there would be no chance of me settling in for a marathon watch of 4 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Well just for the sake of the forum, we'd be duplicating conversations. By this time tomorrow there will be an episode 1 thread for example.

In any case, Im dying to discuss it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Mr.S wrote: »
    I have a HBO Go account too, so i'm guilt free!

Off topic, but out of curiosity do you pay for this via US itunes credit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

It's not really a spoiler, more of a light observation but I'll spoiler tag it anyway. Littlefinger's
    accent has shifted even more. He's become more Irish than even Aidan Gillen's own accent. If he drifts any further, he's going to sound like Darby O'Gill!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Why the fudge don't HBO just release the episodes online as PPV service? Something like 5-10 EUR an episode. 5 for SD, 10 for HD+.

It's an excellent series and IMHO I believe a lot of people would be happy to pay to watch it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement