Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

+1 any easy way to watch this online? Their website says PPV is on Youtube but I dont see it on their Youtube channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Gallagher might have more success with the baller image he tries to project if he owned more than one belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

D.Q wrote: »
    Craic lads, any idea how to watch the NYC card?

Thought the prelims were on channel 5 but not on their TV listing's.

Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I've just seen an ad on TV saying that the Bamma card from Dublin is being shown live on Dave on July 7th. I wonder how much of it they will show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

KJ wrote: »
    I've just seen an ad on TV saying that the Bamma card from Dublin is being shown live on Dave on July 7th. I wonder how much of it they will show.

Usually the main card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭The White Feather

D.Q wrote: »
    Craic lads, any idea how to watch the NYC card?

:eek:

https://twitter.com/SandhuMMA/status/878256078462627840

Only for the UK. Not for Ireland

https://twitter.com/wesg/status/878258850855399425

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Yeah I wouldnt be paying for no stream get the boat will go with my usual way of watching Bellator.

https://twitter.com/MMA_Jim/status/878376877454270464

Hes at it again, cant even do a weigh in without copying McGregor WAR Machida

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Love that Machina didn't even feel the need to raise his arms initially.

In all likelihood Gallagher will grab an unimpressive win and they'll sell it off the back of the Machida name. Either way it's a step up for him. Be interesting to see how he gets on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I hope Chinzo axe kicks the face off of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I hope James gets clattered around the place. I've never seen someone in such a dire need of being brought back down to earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

Gamebred wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MMA_Jim/status/878376877454270464

Hes at it again, cant even do a weigh in without copying McGregor WAR Machida

I really want to like the fella but my god he comes across like a ****ing twat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

He literally copied every single aspect of a Conor weigh in.

First the same roar.
    Second the same face-off pose.

He even went as far to try mimic Conor's facial ticks and expressions.

It's the cringiest thing I've ever seen. The only defence I can come up with for him is he's very young.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Yes he is clearly copying Conor and I did an eye roll when I saw it :rolleyes:

Someone should be having a word with him to tell him to just be himself.

In saying that, I will always support one of our own.If I thought he would lose or was crap I would say it too though.

At least Bellator have seen sense and put him live on youtube for Irish viewers.So if your stream f&cks up, you will have a backup! :pac:

https://twitter.com/niallmcgrath4/status/878513631108923392

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Yes he is clearly copying Conor and I did an eye roll when I saw it :rolleyes:

Someone should be having a word with him to tell him to just be himself.

In saying that, I will always support one of our own.If I thought he would lose or was crap I would say it too though.

At least Bellator have seen sense and put him live on youtube for Irish viewers.So if your stream f&cks up, you will have a backup! :pac:

https://twitter.com/niallmcgrath4/status/878513631108923392

I agree that you should support your own, and in this case I genuinely believe the best thing for this lad is to get beaten tonight. Fighters say it all the time, you learn more from a loss than a win. I listen to JG talk and I just roll my eyes, demanding title shots and all this. It's ridiculous and I believe a loss would be the best thing for him at this point.

dulux99 wrote: »
    I agree that you should support your own, and in this case I genuinely believe the best thing for this lad is to get beaten tonight. Fighters say it all the time, you learn more from a loss than a win. I listen to JG talk and I just roll my eyes, demanding title shots and all this. It's ridiculous and I believe a loss would be the best thing for him at this point.

He might fill out over time but to me he looks more of a natural bantamweight than a Featherweight. I can't even begin to imagine what a low-ranked UFC Featherweight like Mirsad Bektic or Dennis Bermudez would do to him currently.

Conor definitely found improvements after the Duffy defeat and the Diaz defeat, so it wouldn't be a terrible thing for a reality-check loss.

I don't know what it is but I haven't found any of his fights entertaining. I love jiujitsu exchanges but even with guys like Tim Elliott, Wilson Reis etc you feel like they're still dangerous on the feet. With JG, he's more likely to put the viewers to sleep than his opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Is the full TV card being streamed on YT or are they literally just showing Gallagher?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

What time is he due to fight?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What time is he due to fight?

He's 3rd fight up on the prelims which start at 1am here.

So depends how the first 2 fights go but I'd guess just after 2am (especially as there are decision machines fighting in front of him).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

He might fill out over time but to me he looks more of a natural bantamweight than a Featherweight. I can't even begin to imagine what a low-ranked UFC Featherweight like Mirsad Bektic or Dennis Bermudez would do to him currently.

He's absolutely tiny for a featherweight, makes Conor look like a giant. Even Artem looks big compared to him, and he's a smurf as well ha

Bantamweight would probably be a better fit for his build at the mo alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I would love if Matt absolutely wrecks Fedor tonight. Bader and Davis might actually fall asleep in each others embrace tonight. I would love of Ryan could land a big overhand putting Phil to sleep but I see the lads just trying to cuddle each other to death. Sonnen v Silva is an absolute joke. I remember a few years back Wandy scaring the **** out of Cheal in the back of a car. If Silva can stay standing, the cardboard gangster is gonna get KO'd. Although, I sense another grapple fest with that one ending in controversial fashion.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    He's absolutely tiny for a featherweight, makes Conor look like a giant. Even Artem looks big compared to him, and he's a smurf as well ha

Bantamweight would probably be a better fit for his build at the mo alright.

Honestly, he looks like he could probably make flyweight with a big weight-cut lol.

I wish him well but if he loses I really hope we don't see an Instagram essay about never shying away from a challenge and vowing to overcome adversity.

That post only worked for Conor because he took on an elite Nate Diaz on 10 days notice. James is taking on a 40-year-old karate teacher, let's be honest.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I would love if Matt absolutely wrecks Fedor tonight. Bader and Davis might actually fall asleep in each others embrace tonight. I would love of Ryan could land a big overhand putting Phil to sleep but I see the lads just trying to cuddle each other to death. Sonnen v Silva is an absolute joke. I remember a few years back Wandy scaring the **** out of Cheal in the back of a car. If Silva can stay standing, the cardboard gangster is gonna get KO'd. Although, I sense another grapple fest with that one ending in controversial fashion.

Tonight is basically a retirement party.

Chael is like a weird anachronism. He fights like a 2000's MMA wrestler, trash talks like a 1980's WWE wrestler and has a 1950's hair cut.

I know he had a tough time with the death of his daughter but I honestly think he'd be better off sticking to his podcast and tv work at this stage. He's not stuck for a few bob and you can see his heart isn't in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Honestly, he looks like he could probably make flyweight with a big weight-cut lol.

I wish him well but if he loses I really hope we don't see an Instagram essay about never shying away from a challenge and vowing to overcome adversity.

That post only worked for Conor because he took on an elite Nate Diaz on 10 days notice. James is taking on a 40-year-old karate teacher, let's be honest.

Nate took the fight on ten days notice, not mcgregor. Mcgregor was in camp and had an opponent change.

Here we go.....

So what can we watch on youtube?

prelim card, ppv is 17e

Nate took the fight on ten days notice, not mcgregor. Mcgregor was in camp and had an opponent change.

Not this again :(

Conor took the fight on 10-days notice, just like Nate.

Jon Jones refused to take the fight with Chael on 8-days notice for UFC 151.

It doesn't matter one iota if Conor was in camp for a year straight, he still had to accept a late-notice change of fight.

So your logic is when Rockhold accepted Bisping he wasn't taking the new style matchup on short notice because he was already in camp?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭tinpib

I see on Sherdog that they have live coverage of prelims from 6pm ET, which is 11pm GMT going by my fingers and thumbs.

• Advertisement

Conor was booked for a fight. Nate wasnt.

Your blindness and bias is astonishing.

Your ability to try and manipulate wording to suit your argument is to be commended

Advertisement