Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

Conor isn't in Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc :pac: Dear jeebus dont turn this into a Conor thread also hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Early prelims start at 11pm our time. Options to watch this are either use a stream or a VPN to put yourself in America and watch via Spike.com.

Bellator 180 is the section that Gallagher will be fighting on. This section is free on YouTube and starts at 1am - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0r8CgVUa7Y

Bellator NYC is the PPV section of the card. That's available to watch on YouTube for the cost of €17.03 and starts at 3am - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsPTeB-P9Ck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭tinpib

Top man PaulyD. Now you just need to add in what time Conor is fighting at :pac::pac:

Did anyone see Cameron Else vs Damo Weeden on Cage Warriors tonight? If you haven't, watch it now!

Leah McCourt beaten on her debut just now via ground and pound. It was terrible fare all round really. Very poor standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Paully D wrote: »
    Did anyone see Cameron Else vs Damo Weeden on Cage Warriors tonight? If you haven't, watch it now!

Leah McCourt beaten on her debut just now via ground and pound. It was terrible fare all round really. Very poor standard.

Sage Northcutt's sister also lost today in a very lame stoppage (not on Cage Warriors). Hopefully Heather Hardy can at least win, if for no other reason I approve of her weigh-in costume choice.

• Advertisement

Any ideas what sort of number would represent success for Bellator for the Youtube prelims?

I'm thinking maybe 25,000 Watching wouldn't be terrible. The MMA Hour usually gets about 9,000 Watching the live stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

To be fair to gallagher I don't think its him watching McGregor and thinking ''if i do that then I'll get this.'' Hes in sbg since he was what 15? and conor is someone he clearly looks up to in a big way, unlikely enough you can be in close proximity to someone you idolize like that and not have a good bit of his personality rub off on you! Can get why its annoying alright but at the end of the day hes only a chap, has plenty of time to find his own identity or whatever and make his own mark on it. Like to see Irish guys doing well and looks like a lad with potential, would be nice to see him get a result tonight, biggest fight yet and it'll go a long way to showing where his skill levels actually lie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Depp wrote: »
    To be fair to gallagher I don't think its him watching McGregor and thinking ''if i do that then I'll get this.'' Hes in sbg since he was what 15? and conor is someone he clearly looks up to in a big way, unlikely enough you can be in close proximity to someone you idolize like that and not have a good bit of his personality rub off on you! Can get why its annoying alright but at the end of the day hes only a chap, has plenty of time to find his own identity or whatever and make his own mark on it. Like to see Irish guys doing well and looks like a lad with potential, would be nice to see him get a result tonight, biggest fight yet and it'll go a long way to showing where his skill levels actually lie.

A bit of imitation would be annoying but acceptable, he has ripped off everything about Conor from buying the same bloody dog as him to tattoos to clothes to talking to weigh in styles, joker he is hope he gets highlight reeled soon needs humbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Gamebred wrote: »
    A bit of imitation would be annoying but acceptable, he has ripped off everything about Conor from buying the same bloody dog as him to tattoos to clothes to talking to weigh in styles, joker he is hope he gets highlight reeled soon needs humbling.

I hope dee hasn't a 20 year old sister

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

McGregor-Aldo effort there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

You talking bout the main event in CW? Bit of an anti-climax.

Depp wrote: »

Yeah I think that's natural and something you see repeated often especially going back to secondary school days. There'd always be one personality in the group that you'd end up picking up some of his sayings or dressing similar to him.

It's usually something people grow out of so I'm hoping it's just a phase for the likes of James and Dillon Danis.

Mind you, if you look at a lot of Conor's older friends they have changed drastically in the last year or so in terms of copying. They all seem to be wearing the old-man glasses now that Conor likes to wear. And posting gym selfies saying "all day work" on their social media when they're not even fighters....

Has this started yet? I am watching a stream (legal stream) of Spke and cops is on.

Has this started yet? I am watching a stream (legal stream) of Spke and cops is on.

Yep, I'm using a VPN and there was a link right at the top of the homepage of spike.com I think. Crystal clear which is good.

It's nice to hear Goldie as well.

Is that the main arena in Madison Square Garden? At first I thought it wasn't but I think it is.

edit: I think signing Goldie is huge, will bring in plenty of semi casual viewers like myself. They can become a serious rival to UFC.

Hope this da Silva chancer loses here after trying to weigh in with one foot half off the scale yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Thought it was more porier myself

tinpib wrote: »
    Yep, I'm using a VPN and there was a link right at the top of the homepage of spike.com I think. Crystal clear which is good.

It's nice to hear Goldie as well.

Is that the main arena in Madison Square Garden? At first I thought it wasn't but I think it is.

edit: I think signing Goldie is huge, will bring in plenty of semi casual viewers like myself. They can become a serious rival to UFC.

Hope this da Silva chancer loses here after trying to weigh in with one foot half off the scale yesterday.

Yeah it is nice to hear Goldie back again, he is a big fuarking loss for UFC. UFC need to stop making mess ups or they wont be the number 1 dog anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Using Tunnelbear and when I go to Watch Live it asks me to sign in?

Any direct link to the Spike stream?

Guest announcers and everything.

Pretty harmless, but it really takes away from the professionalism of the event.

Bellator do not do themselves any favours at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Guest announcers and everything.

Pretty harmless, but it really takes away from the professionalism of the event.

Bellator do not do themselves any favours at all.

Not harmless if they ever hope to be taken seriously as a major combat sports promotion. Based on pretty much everything they do though, I'm sure that isn't their intention. They have some quality fighters but it's a pro-wrestling production just with genuine MMA fights instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

is the abominal fight free on Facebook? if so what time,cheers

• Advertisement

Is Goldie trying to say every catch phrase as quick as possible haha

wcDE9q3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Sorry for being annoying, I just skimmed the thread - Gallagher at 2am?? TV or Stream??

ardinn wrote: »
    Sorry for being annoying, I just skimmed the thread - Gallagher at 2am?? TV or Stream??

Free stream on YouTube for the Bellator 180 section of the card. Runs from 1am-3am. Gallagher is on that:

https://youtu.be/u0r8CgVUa7Y

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Free stream on YouTube for the Bellator 180 section of the card. Runs from 1am-3am. Gallagher is on that:

Thanks a mil

Israel wasn't a state when this guy was born he is so old

Israel wasn't a state when this guy was born he is so old

He looks gassed already too.

tinpib wrote: »
    He looks gassed already too.

Fighting at 44 if you are a legend like Henderson then fair enough, but fighting as a nobody..... seems pointless. He must be getting paid what? at most 2-3k for this fight?

He also seems to block shots by closing his eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

http://bellator.spike.com/live

Works when using TunnelBear (500mb free, an extra GB if you tweet a referral link).

Youtube stream (featuring Gallagher, free, no VPN needed):

Advertisement